Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 10:26 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,013
Reputation: 323867
abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
My god, give me a ******* break. Minus Clark (whose clone stepped right in for him), this is the same team that went to the Superbowl last year.
Because Manning played basically unstoppable last year, especially in the playoffs. This year he is not playing quite that good and his team has lost a few close games because of it. One player can only do so much.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, they were winning then, so that's all because of Manning. Now that they're losing, it can't possibly be Manning's fault. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, YA BIG SILLY!
He's definitely more valuable to his team than Tom Brady, though. I mean, it's not like Belichick was 5-13 in New England before Brady took over and saved his job. And it's not like they went from a PERFECT 16-0 to missing the playoffs and losing their division to a 1-15 Miami team when he was hurt.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,740
Reputation: 1646716
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Manning carries that team. One player can only do so much when the o-line is terrible and there is no running game. They need to address the o-line early in next years draft. They miss Addai in the running game, he is a lot more physical than Brown and is able to get the tough yards. That defense is built on the premise that the offense puts up points and gets ahead early in games so they can attack, they aren't built to stop the run. The lack of a running game really hurts the Colts in many ways.
This has been the case even going back to when they won the Superbowl though. The problem the Colts have is they can no longer run the stretch play at will so play action is not working. We've seen Manning throw TD passes to no names but eventually it was going to catch up with him. Unfortunately for the Colts, and it is clear, is that Manning is missing something this year. Is it all catching up to him, is his talents declining??? I don't know but the Peyton Manning of a few years ago wouldn't have 11 INTs by this stage. I think he's getting nervous in the pocket and rushing throws
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig

Last edited by AntoinCD : 11-29-2010 at 11:49 AM.
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 4,934
Reputation: 620288
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Sorry Manning haters, but you can't just ignore the lack of talent on Manning's supporting cast right now. He's missing guys like Addai, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez, while guys named Charlie Johnson and Pierre Garcon are playing critical roles. Injuries and bad Draft picks have eroded the talent around him. If you want to believe that Manning suddenly went from guy who leads a team to a Super Bowl to a bad QB, fine, but you're believing what you want to believe.
__________________
What?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
This has been the case even going back to when they won the Superbowl though. The problem the Colts have is they can no longer run the stretch play at will so play action is not working. We've seen Manning throw TD passes to no names but eventually it was going to catch up with him. Unfortunately for the Colts, and it is clear, is that Manning is missing something this year. Is it all catching up to him, is his talents declining??? I don't know but the Peyton Manning of a few years ago wouldn't have 14 INTs by this stage. I think he's getting nervous in the pocket and rushing throws



Whatís that you say, Collinsworth? Manning afraid of contact? Piffle, I say. No quarterback in the league dives harder on the ground when a pass rusher breaks free. Thatís fortitude you canít teach unless youíve only watched sacks on film.
Oh, and hereís the compulsory bonanza of Manningface that comes with any four-interception night:









http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/...nningface.html
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,013
Reputation: 323867
abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Well, they were winning then, so that's all because of Manning. Now that they're losing, it can't possibly be Manning's fault. IT'S EVERYONE ELSE'S FAULT, YA BIG SILLY!
Well...yes. Manning was playing at a level that was ridiculous the last few years, especially the last two, and carrying his team to wins that they otherwise would have not gotten. There is a reason he has received so many of the 1st place MVP votes the past two years.

Now he is not playing on that level, partly because the team around him is laughably bad and partly because that level was too high to keep up forever. So his team is losing because of it. Can you fault him that he isn't playing at that level again, instead he is playing at the level of the 3rd-5th best QB in the league, and his team is losing because of it?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,152
Reputation: 309042
hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
He's definitely more valuable to his team than Tom Brady, though. I mean, it's not like Belichick was 5-13 in New England before Brady took over and saved his job. And it's not like they went from a PERFECT 16-0 to missing the playoffs and losing their division to a 1-15 Miami team when he was hurt.
yeah cause when Brady was out the whole year they.....oh wait, they played just fine despite the team being significantly worse on defense that year in a better division.

Look we get it, you hate manning, he sucks, youd hate him if he sacrificed himself for your child, blah blah blah mannings overrated. give it a rest already you sound like such a huge hater it kills your credibility because you dont make even the slightest effort to sound objective. yeah peytons playing bad but you cant really look at that team and say 'its the exact same team as last year.' its not even close to that team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Sorry Manning haters, but you can't just ignore the lack of talent on Manning's supporting cast right now. He's missing guys like Addai, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez, while guys named Charlie Johnson and Pierre Garcon are playing critical roles. Injuries and bad Draft picks have eroded the talent around him. If you want to believe that Manning suddenly went from guy who leads a team to a Super Bowl to a bad QB, fine, but you're believing what you want to believe.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Sorry Manning haters, but you can't just ignore the lack of talent on Manning's supporting cast right now. He's missing guys like Addai, Collie, Clark and Gonzalez, while guys named Charlie Johnson and Pierre Garcon are playing critical roles. Injuries and bad Draft picks have eroded the talent around him. If you want to believe that Manning suddenly went from guy who leads a team to a Super Bowl to a bad QB, fine, but you're believing what you want to believe.
Garcon and Johnson were both starters (and significant contributors) last year. Gonzalez missed all of last year, so he's irrelevant.

Clark has been effectively replaced by a clone of himself (Tamme was a 235 lb slot receiver at Kentucky).

The Collie thing bugs me, because I heard all last year and this offseason about how he's a nobody that Peyton turned into a great receiver. Now that he's been banged up, he's the awesome talent that the Colts passing game has lacked this year. You can't have your cake and eat it, too and that's what drives people crazy regarding Manning.

Same goes for Addai. He's either bad, or he's not. Make up your minds, not whatever argument is most convenient to make Peyton look good.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
yeah cause when Brady was out the whole year they.....oh wait, they played just fine despite the team being significantly worse on defense that year in a better division.

Look we get it, you hate manning, he sucks, youd hate him if he sacrificed himself for your child, blah blah blah mannings overrated. give it a rest already you sound like such a huge hater it kills your credibility because you dont make even the slightest effort to sound objective. yeah peytons playing bad but you cant really look at that team and say 'its the exact same team as last year.' its not even close to that team.
They played just fine? What part of going undefeated to completely missing the playoffs (to a team that went 1-15 the year before, no less) is fine? In what universe is a six game dropoff fine?

And I'm trying to be as objective as the "Manning wins with trash like Collie and Addai.....no wait, he's losing because he doesn't have his awesome weapons in Collie and Addai" crowd.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 4,934
Reputation: 620288
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yes, if a player on the Colts is injured it doesn't hurt them because the guy that backs him up is automatically just as good, because Manning haters say so.

Some arguments aren't worth the trouble. Manning haters are too hot and bothered over the fact the Colts aren't that good for the first time in years. You can't reason with them.
__________________
What?
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

injuries are good.
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Yes, if a player on the Colts is injured it doesn't hurt them because the guy that backs him up is automatically just as good, because Manning haters say so.

Some arguments aren't worth the trouble. Manning haters are too hot and bothered over the fact the Colts aren't that good for the first time in years. You can't reason with them.
I was under the impression that you could throw whoever into their offense and Manning would get them to produce and just win gamez. That's what the Peyton lovers have told me for the past seven years.

I guess I completely overlooked that Addai and Collie are irreplaceable talents.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 3,328
Reputation: 311721
nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Dude, Peyton is fighting against the Super Bowl curse. Give him a break!!
__________________

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 16,696
Reputation: 4781006
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

YFS, I recall us having a conversation about how awesome conversation was on this board yesterday. And then I wake up to this.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I was under the impression that you could throw whoever into their offense and Manning would get them to produce and just win gamez. That's what the Peyton lovers have told me for the past seven years.

I guess I completely overlooked that Addai and Collie are irreplaceable talents.
they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.
That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 16,696
Reputation: 4781006
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.
Brady hazzzzz a defense to BAIL HIM OUT! Oh wait........ I wonder what excuse is going to be acceptable to dismiss Brady this year...oh wait we have it, Brady isn't as important to his team.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,013
Reputation: 323867
abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That's funny, because the Patriots are 9-2 with Danny Woodhead and Benjarvus Green-Ellis as their starting RBs, Deion Branch as their No. 1 WR and have two rookies as their best TEs. Seems like Brady is doing well.
Offensive line is much more important than receivers. Give any HoF caliber QB time to throw, doesn't matter who he is throwing to providing they can catch, and he will look great. It doesn't matter who you are throwing it to if you are on your back or getting hit as you/right after you release the ball.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,740
Reputation: 1646716
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
they never said they are irreplacable talents. but seriously, your hate is going pretty far abroad. its obvious that if they lose their #1 TE, #1 RB and a bunch of WRs, that there is a talent dropoff. Manning can only do that much. Making a player a better weapon for me is kinda like bringing out the most out of the talent that the guy has. At some points injuries hurt. While Addai and Collie are no worldbeaters, they sure as hell dont help.
But I don't think you can make two credible arguements about Collie and Addai etc.

Last year Manning got the Colts to the Superbowl despite Addai not being very good, Collie and Garcon being no name WRs etc

This year Manning is struggling because he cant hand off to Addai and throw to Collie and Garcon etc.

People need to make their minds up.

Manning has had a ridiculous amount of injuries that he's had to deal with but so has Phillip Rivers. His favourite target was sidelined a few games and gimpy in others, his big WR was out all season except two plays last night, the guy who was to replace him has been hurt, first round RB has been inconsistent and hurt. He's been throwing to no name WRs too.

Manning has simply not played well this year. Is Peyton Manning a top 3-5 QB in the league? Of course he is, in fact he's still a top 2 QB, because one blip in his career doesn't indicate much, especially when so many injuries are concerned. The problem is, it needs to be said that he is playing bad football at the minute.

Imagine it's not Peyton Manning but Jimmy Clausen(who has a worse supporting cast) who threw 7 INTs in his last two games. It's easier to criticise him than The Peyton Manning.
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Cookeville,TN
Posts: 4,934
Reputation: 620288
Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The opposing team has scored at least 26 points in every Colts loss. It's not like the Colts offense is unable to put the ball in the end zone while the defense holds teams in check. The Chargers game is the first time the Colts have lost a game by more than 10 points.

Also, they've had a rusher go over 50 yards 3 times this year. 2 of those 3 was Addai.

Yes, it does seem like Manning gets all the credit at times, but 1 player can only do so much in football. The Colts have issues running the ball, playing defense and they're relying on a lot of backups at offense skill positions.
__________________
What?

Last edited by Halsey : 11-29-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Oktoberfestland
Posts: 19,455
Reputation: 680057
Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jimmy Clausen is exactly in the same situation.
__________________

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Brady hazzzzz a defense to BAIL HIM OUT! Oh wait........ I wonder what excuse is going to be acceptable to dismiss Brady this year...oh wait we have it, Brady isn't as important to his team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Offensive line is much more important than receivers. Give any HoF caliber QB time to throw, doesn't matter who he is throwing to providing they can catch, and he will look great. It doesn't matter who you are throwing it to if you are on your back or getting hit as you/right after you release the ball.
Like clockwork.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
hockey619
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,152
Reputation: 309042
hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hockey619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
They played just fine? What part of going undefeated to completely missing the playoffs (to a team that went 1-15 the year before, no less) is fine? In what universe is a six game dropoff fine?

And I'm trying to be as objective as the "Manning wins with trash like Collie and Addai.....no wait, he's losing because he doesn't have his awesome weapons in Collie and Addai" crowd.

They went 11-5 (still playoff bound most years) with their backup qb who hadnt started a football game in 5 years in a division that i already said was much better than the year before.

And thats not what anyone reasonably would say its just how you like to twist and interpret it because it fits your argument. Collie and Addai are definitely better than Brown and the merry go round of wr fill ins they are using now, theyre not all world but they are certainly serviceable.

Youre the only person who thinks youre arugment is reasonable right now, everyone w/o an agenda (Jvig) think your being a huge hater. But no, everyone else is wrong and youre right.

Last edited by hockey619 : 11-29-2010 at 11:14 AM.
hockey619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Fl
Posts: 4,013
Reputation: 323867
abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Like clockwork.
It is not my fault it is a fact. Brady has all day to throw behind his line the majority of the time. The only times he really hasn't were against the Ravens, Chargers, and the first half against the Lions.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Dropping Brady Passes
Posts: 16,696
Reputation: 4781006
Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Like clockwork.
Haha Dan Connolly, Matt light, to the pro bowl. I'm pretty sure Brady has still been sacked more then Manning to, but hey it's cool to state opinion as fact.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.