Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
well, fair enough. i'm still not sure what the point of the stats were, but i assume it was to show that finnegan is not overrated?
Yeah, that was why.

He's not as good as he was a few years ago, but lets not pretend that Albert Haynesworth's presence didn't aid that.

He's a solid corner to have as a number one guy, in my eyes.

Plus, yesterday he kinda looked like side show bob's brother Cecil with the hair.

Revelent? No, but someone had to point it out.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andre Johnson is smarter than most players i have seen scuffle, most of them punch the helmet...WHY? Rip his helmet off, then smack him in the chops. Good show.
Old 11-29-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Andre Johnson is smarter than most players i have seen scuffle, most of them punch the helmet...WHY? Rip his helmet off, then smack him in the chops. Good show.
Haha yup, I've seen guys without helmets try to headbut a guy with a helmet, not the smartest thing.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One time I saw Owen Schmidt headbutt the goalpost.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suspend him, boot his punk ass out of the NFL. He's a repeat offender.

He was grinning b/c it was deliberate & he got Andre Johnson ejected too, he achieved his goal & got peer group approval despite getting pummeled by the Texans.

He thought he would be a rallying point after the VY mess, thought he was a provocateur but he was JADP (just another dirty player).

Last edited by LizardState : 11-29-2010 at 03:36 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hate people like Finnegan. He hurts the integrity of the league. His team was out of it so instead of being a man and pushing forward regardless he decided that he was going to be an ahole and try to get the opposing teams best player in trouble.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is a complete joke if AJ doesn't get suspended. He went to town on another player and he is just going to get fined? It better be a lot because they fine the **** out of Harrison for in game hits.

I can't believe people actually think Finnegan deserves a worse punishment
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Last edited by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES : 11-29-2010 at 03:48 PM.
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why so snstv? That's all I have to say. I don't think anything should happen to either player.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
It is a complete joke if AJ doesn't get suspended. He went to town on another player and he is just going to get fined? It better be a lot because they fine the **** out of Harrison for in game hits.

I can't believe people actually think Finnegan deserves a worse punishment
Because he was the instigator. Yeah AJ's reaction was bad but in the eyes of the league and just about every football fan none of this would have happened if Finnegan hadn't been focused solely on getting AJ pissed instead of playing football. Also you have to consider that Finnegan is a constant repeat offender. Of course a first offense guy should have it lighter. Lets not forget that Finnegan is a guy who has openly said that he's proud of being the dirtiest player in football. When you say crap like that you never get the benefit of doubt, in any situation. If you strive to be the dirtiest player in the league, you deserve a target on your back and unique treatment in terms of fines and suspensions.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Why so snstv? That's all I have to say. I don't think anything should happen to either player.
Too add onto this quickly, I hope nobody here watches hockey. Like, ever. You would want that barbaric league shut down.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Because he was the instigator. Yeah AJ's reaction was bad but in the eyes of the league and just about every football fan none of this would have happened if Finnegan hadn't been focused solely on getting AJ pissed instead of playing football. Also you have to consider that Finnegan is a constant repeat offender. Of course a first offense guy should have it lighter. Lets not forget that Finnegan is a guy who has openly said that he's proud of being the dirtiest player in football. When you say crap like that you never get the benefit of doubt, in any situation. If you strive to be the dirtiest player in the league, you deserve a target on your back and unique treatment in terms of fines and suspensions.
I understand why people don't like the guy but Johnson has to react as a professional. There is no reason he should ever swing violently at another player. If this were the streets and they were playing in some random field yea go at it but at the end of the day I don't care what someone says to you or even if you get a late stiff arm right after the play. Beat him on a route. Get in his face after that. There are a millions different reactions he could of had and the one Finnegan wanted is the one he got. I don't see how that is his fault. IMO Andre Johnson should be suspended 1-2 games and be fined. Where Finnegan should just be fined.

I say this as a person who would of did exactly what Johnson did but at the end of the day I would expect that suspension
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
Old 11-29-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Too add onto this quickly, I hope nobody here watches hockey. Like, ever. You would want that barbaric league shut down.
It wouldn't bother me because I understand that about hockey but NFL isn't about a random fight in the middle of a game.

John Wall
Old 11-29-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't think either player should be suspended, fights happen in training camp all the time with no repercussion. they shouldn't have even been ejected in my book.

AJ didn't really whoop Finnegan either, he got three ***** little shots in...i don't think he connected very well on any of his punches, and one of them was aimed at the back of Finns head. then they got broke up, it wasn't even something i'd consider a fight.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I understand why people don't like the guy but Johnson has to react as a professional. There is no reason he should ever swing violently at another player. If this were the streets and they were playing in some random field yea go at it but at the end of the day I don't care what someone says to you or even if you get a late stiff arm right after the play. Beat him on a route. Get in his face after that. There are a millions different reactions he could of had and the one Finnegan wanted is the one he got. I don't see how that is his fault. IMO Andre Johnson should be suspended 1-2 games and be fined. Where Finnegan should just be fined.

I say this as a person who would of did exactly what Johnson did but at the end of the day I would expect that suspension
I highly doubt Finnegan was wanting the reaction he got out of Johnson. Just doesn't seem right to want an ass whoopin'.

I can definitely understand both sides but the fact that it was Finnegan getting a beat down. I am rooting for Johnson just to get a fine. And would be totally cool with Finnegan getting a bigger fine. He tries the same stuff with Hines Ward everytime they play. And Hines and Finnegan have tustled before. He is a tool.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahin View Post
i don't think either player should be suspended, fights happen in training camp all the time with no repercussion. they shouldn't have even been ejected in my book.

AJ didn't really whoop Finnegan either, he got three ***** little shots in...i don't think he connected very well on any of his punches, and one of them was aimed at the back of Finns head. then they got broke up, it wasn't even something i'd consider a fight.
If Andre Johnson knew how to throw a punch he could of did some damage. The point is that Johnson used violence and Finnegan just talked ****

John Wall
Old 11-29-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys quit being so rational and stuff.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Andre Johnson knew how to throw a punch he could of did some damage. The point is that Johnson used violence and Finnegan just talked ****
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are you talking about? Finnegan clearly went after Johnson's helmet first in an aggressive manner. Just because you aren't throwing a punch doesn't mean you can't use violence.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
What are you talking about? Finnegan clearly went after Johnson's helmet first in an aggressive manner. Just because you aren't throwing a punch doesn't mean you can't use violence.
Well, there's that and there's also the fact that Finnegan swung at Johnson's helmet (because he's a dumbass). But yeah, whatever best suits your argument, R/W/O.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Finnegan is going to have an even bigger target on his back from everyone else in the NFL. What an idiot. And dude needs a haircut.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Looks like both were fined $25,000. No suspension.

Quote:
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot believe Johnson avoided suspension.

Wow.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I cannot believe Johnson avoided suspension.

Wow.
I can't recall a player ever being suspended for a fight. You get ejected and fined and that's that.

People are seriously making this a way bigger deal than it is.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Don't forget that the Texans play in the NFL Network game this week, that definitely had some consideration.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guy on the facebook group of AJ whoopin on Finnegan:

Quote:
Should go by Innegan now, since Andre knocked the "F" out of him.