Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Don't forget that the Texans play in the NFL Network game this week, that definitely had some consideration.
I thought about that as well. Can't take away one of the league's premier players....

I don't know that Johnson would have been suspended anyways though.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
to be fair, i recall very few fights that were so graphic and obvious on tv. a few guys pushing each other, one fade away punch? not really comparable.

unless, of course, you're in the internet tough guy camp regarding the quality of the punches. in which case i guess one could make the argument that the punches were too weak to merit suspension.

That fight was the exact same circumstances, verbatim. Crowder was doing stuff to piss of the New England o-linemen. Matt Light got sick of it, ripped his helmet off, and bashed his head in. Crowder ran away laughing. It got covered that Sunday and blew over quickly. Nobody cared by Monday.

And I'm not in the internet tough guy camp, either. I just think this is receiving way more publicity than it deserves because
a) everyone hates Cortland Finnegan
and
b) everyone loves Andre Johnson

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 11-29-2010 at 05:11 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I can't recall a player ever being suspended for a fight. You get ejected and fined and that's that.

People are seriously making this a way bigger deal than it is.
I can't recall a player ever landing 2.5 punches on a helmetless opponent.

There is NO WAY Finnegan should be fined as much as Andre based on the actual event.

Two things affected this decision heavily:
1) It's Andre Johnson.
2) Richard Seymour did something that in reality was no where near as violent or malicious as Dre but because it was pretty much the same physical action and didn't draw a suspension just one week earlier, the NFL did not want to take the heat for the comparisons that would inevitably have come.

EDIT: I just saw the video you posted. That's fascinating. I think Light should have been suspended also.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I completely forgot that Matt Light wasn't suspended.

But then again, with this new "hits to the head" emphasis - I could understand it.

Then again, as I said earlier, you have to have a brain to be concussed...
Old 11-29-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't love Andre or hate Cortland, but the dude was asking for it bad, and got bitched around, even if you don't think the punches were legit, Andre punked him on national TV bad when he was trying to show everyone how rough and dirty he was.

It's really as simple as that, he was like that guy that slips and tries to pretend he did it on purpose and play it off. He got punked and was trying to clap and make it like he accomplished some goal.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember watching that fight, and thinking how much it'd suck if light got suspended but then a story leaked that said Crowder was talking some serious **** about doing stuff to lights family and he basically just decided to kick his ass. It was pretty bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the league continues to be a complete and utter joke.

Legit, fair and hard hits on receivers and quarterbacks are now legitimately worse in the leagues eyes than a thug throwing another guys helmet off and then wailing on him.

So to make a controlled hit on another player is worse than losing control and just swinging haymakers hoping to inflict massive damage on a guy without a helmet.

I don't care what Finnegan said to Johnson, there is just no excuse for what he did and I'm a big fan of the guy. Finnegan had illegal hands to the face, ref should throw the flag and that should be it, Johnson simply lost control and that just can't, or shouldn't, be allowed on a football field.

The league has its priorities all ****** up right now. They don't want players to celebrate touchdowns, they don't want big hits but then they effectively condone fighting.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
unless, of course, you're in the internet tough guy camp regarding the quality of the punches. in which case i guess one could make the argument that the punches were too weak to merit suspension.
Hey, hey, hey! Don't dis mah camp, bro!

I actually put my money where my mouth was. I went into my bathroom and punched myself with the same angle and intensity as I thought AJ hit Finnegan.

After I regained consciousness...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
heh, i've always wondered how hard one could punch themselves. i wouldn't have thought you could get a good shot in on your own head..
I think I almost dislocated my jaw last night trying to kill a fly... so it is very possibly to punch yourself rather hard in the face.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 11-30-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that finds it sickening that Harrison got fined the same amount for what is a perfectly legal hit on a QB in every level of football that Johnson and Finnegan did for ripping their helmets off and throwing punches and Seymour did for punching Ben?

I mean if they're gonna say Harrison hit a defenseless QB, who is more defenseless then a QB trying to celebrate with his lineman after the play that gets punched in the helmet?

I wasn't even against the fines on Harrison when he and others were making violent hits that were clearly a danger, but the fines he's gotten for hitting QBs have both been pathetic. Not helmet to helmet hits, not late, perfect form tackles. One for hitting the QB while defenseless and one for landing with all his body weight? Jokes.

I've had about enough of Goodell, but it's not like I can stop watching football so I guess I'll deal with it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love watching someone i hate get their ass kicked.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 11:43 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I've had about enough of Goodell, but it's not like I can stop watching football so I guess I'll deal with it.
I genuinely wish there was a way to send a message to Goodell but there just plain isn't.

Quote:
who is more defenseless then a QB trying to celebrate with his lineman after the play that gets punched in the helmet?
Or a player who has lost his helmet for that matter? I mean honestly, the league fined Harrison for hitting the QB in the CHEST, that was the actual league fine reasoning. Honestly, I know the league wants to be flag and nothing but passing, but that is just the epitome of pathetic.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 12-01-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
I think I almost dislocated my jaw last night trying to kill a fly... so it is very possibly to punch yourself rather hard in the face.
You did that accidentally. It would be interesting to see how hard someone could hit themselves fully knowing the ramifications of doing so. I think you'd just automatically flinch and pull some (a lot) power off the punch.
Old 12-01-2010, 06:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Am I the only one that finds it sickening that Harrison got fined the same amount for what is a perfectly legal hit on a QB in every level of football that Johnson and Finnegan did for ripping their helmets off and throwing punches and Seymour did for punching Ben?
Yes. Harrison's an asshole who's done this **** multiple times this season alone. Oh, also, please shut the **** up, Mike Tomlin. "He's got kids to feed." **** you, dipshit.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:29 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they didnt fine 25k for that hit. they fined 25k for all his hits

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Neither of your options were corrected. $25,000 isn't that big of a fine when you make millions of dollars per year.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think it is funny that he gets a 25,000 dollar fine for a hit that happened during the play and Johnson gets the same punishment for turning football into a street fight. I guess the NFL has to keep the Texan fans happy by not suspending the best WR in the NFL
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Rabscuttle
Veteran

Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rabscuttle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad this fight was stopped. Finnegan is probably just a few minor adjustments from becoming a more respectful person.
Rabscuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I just think it is funny that he gets a 25,000 dollar fine for a hit that happened during the play and Johnson gets the same punishment for turning football into a street fight. I guess the NFL has to keep the Texan fans happy by not suspending the best WR in the NFL
I really just wanted to say that the lightning bolt in your sig kinda looks like T-Rex. Which makes it that much more bad ass.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
If Andre Johnson knew how to throw a punch he could of did some damage. The point is that Johnson used violence and Finnegan just talked ****
...except for the part where Finnegan started the whole thing by saying "watch this" and then went with a double stiff-arm to Johnson's chin. That's not jamming a receiver. That's punching. You either didn't see the whole thing, or you're just trolling.

The timeline:

1) Finnegan punches Johnson in chin with both hands. This is the first punch.
2) Players start pushing
3) Johnson grabs Finnegan's facemask, pulls his helmet off
4) Finnegan throws the second punch of the fight, too...but he's so stupid that he does it while Johnson's helmet is still on
5) Finnegan pulls off Johnson's helmet
6) Johnson beats his ass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1F6...eature=related

Last edited by Monomach : 12-01-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not sure if it was posted yet but this is a must watch.
Andre Johnson mic'd
http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_...0bb06854901669

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I don't love Andre or hate Cortland, but the dude was asking for it bad, and got bitched around, even if you don't think the punches were legit, Andre punked him on national TV bad when he was trying to show everyone how rough and dirty he was.

It's really as simple as that, he was like that guy that slips and tries to pretend he did it on purpose and play it off. He got punked and was trying to clap and make it like he accomplished some goal.
Maybe it's just because I'm a Titans fan, but I'm not really that big a fan of Courtland's, and the way I see it is as follows: yes Courtland did basically start with a punch, but that was with both helmets on. This sort of contact happens regularly in the NFL. The end result is maybe a few shoves, words, and a flag against the defender. Refs start paying more attention and the defender backs off, or gets more flags. Advantage offense.

But Johnson basically snapped it. It's not very hard to "punk" someone who isn't taking the situation as seriously as yourself. The simple fact is had Johnson not reacted like this and instead reacted like offensive players do 99% of the time, the situation wasn't going to end like it did because Courtland wasn't looking to throw down like this.

Once the helmet was ripped off, Courtland seemed to sense what was going on and tried to do the same thing, and in doing so he lost his balance with the momentum of AJ's helmet and went down. From here AJ basically layed into a dude on the ground from behind. Well done?

Again, not really that impressive IMO, especially given the size advantage. If NFL defenders had to consider the possibility the guy they're lining up against is going to have a mental episode and try to punch their exposed head, least they'd be portrayed a punk for "losing the fight", being aggressive on D would be history even if the defender had a size advantage.

All in all, Courtland got more than he could chew but I really don't see what was impressive about what Johnson did. Just about every WR Courtland has ever played against could do the same thing if they decided to flip out too. Part of playing aggressive on D and trying to bait an offensive player into losing focus is accepting the fact you do actually have a boundry to stay within (even if that boundry is beyond the rules slightly) - it's kinda hard to compensate for the rare occasion someone reacts totally disregarding any boundry. You *are* going to be caught off guard.

Last edited by OzTitan : 12-03-2010 at 12:36 AM.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Courtland got taken down because he thought it was more beneficial to toss Johnsons helmet rather than brace for a takedown. Had he held onto the helmet he actually might have been able to drop it and steady himself on the way down. But finnegan took the situation about as seriously as any of his other episodes but he paid the price this time.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 AM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LeGarrette Blount is grinning at the thought of only getting fined and not a year long suspension for fighting.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:49 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finnegan should take it a lot more seriously, guys should be worried that if they act like jackasses and take cheap shots after the plays are over, that they are going to catch a beat down.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote