Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 11-29-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
The Cowboys have a filthy-rich owner, no budget and they only have one team, not 30.
Yeah people are only looking at this through football. Imagine being USF basketball and playing in Syracuse Monday night and having a game in Fort Worth later that week or on Saturday. Obviously they'll try to avoid drastic scenarios like that, but one or two are bound to pop up with 17 teams. The Big East is a joke in football. I care more about this for basketball and it's so unnecessary.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, not only does TCU start Big East play in 2012 but they also start a home-and-home series with Oklahoma. In 2013 they start a home-and-home with LSU.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Would be nice so we could get another Big 12 team in there!
A&M did beat both teams in our conference championship... just sayin'

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Also, not only does TCU start Big East play in 2012 but they also start a home-and-home series with Oklahoma. In 2013 they start a home-and-home with LSU.
Oklahoma isn't home and home, just one game in 2012 @TCU.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
A&M did beat both teams in our conference championship... just sayin'
It's that whole pesky getting blown out by Mizzou that kills ya!

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Oklahoma isn't home and home, just one game in 2012 @TCU.
Thought it was a home-and-home. I know LSU is. 2013 @ LSU, 2014 @ TCU. They also play Virginia in 2012.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

breaking news:

Boise State am crying.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Thought it was a home-and-home. I know LSU is. 2013 @ LSU, 2014 @ TCU. They also play Virginia in 2012.
Yup, also at home against Virginia.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 11-29-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're right, you don't get it. The Big East is better than the MWC minus TCU, Utah, and BYU. They were better regardless, but they are clearly better now.

There's an affinity for the Mountain West on this board that simply doesn't jive with reality. This is clearly a no-brainer for TCU.
Sorry man I just did not get it. No need to blow up like that. If the Big East also got Houston it would be really good for them too.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Big East is better than the MWC minus TCU, Utah, and BYU. They were better regardless, but they are clearly better now.
They weren't better regardless.

Nevada, Fresno State, Boise State, TCU, Utah, BYU. Then you have Air Force and Wyoming who have a good year here and there. A rumor that the WMC wanted Houston as a final member . . .

If the Big East played a "BigEast-MWC Challenge" (like the Big 10 and ACC does in basketball), the MWC would win, hands down.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
This is good stuff. And you also touch on why I can't stand BSU getting pollster love. I'm so glad TCU is stepping up a notch.
I think what's also notable is that out of TCU, Utah and BYU... TCU going to the Big East is probably the best move of them all. Utah going to the Pac 12 is going to be very tough for them to come out on top...or even finish in the Top 2. BYU going Independent is likely to be a tough road for them, as I said earlier. Going Independent is a costly venture that also puts you in a scheduling bind similar to what ND is stuck in. But TCU going to the Big East... they could winning that Conference and getting the automatic bid seems to be the easiest road to BCS dollar$$$.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
breaking news:

Boise State am crying.
More like celebrating.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
They weren't better regardless.

Nevada, Fresno State, Boise State, TCU, Utah, BYU. Then you have Air Force and Wyoming who have a good year here and there. A rumor that the WMC wanted Houston as a final member . . .

If the Big East played a "BigEast-MWC Challenge" (like the Big 10 and ACC does in basketball), the MWC would win, hands down.
With the addition of Boise State, yeah, probably. But it's a non-sequitur anyway. Utah and BYU aren't in the MWC and that means it's basically just the WAC again.

Also, how can you include TCU when comparing the two conferences? The whole point is which conference provides more of an overall profile boost for TCU.

Then again if you're including Houston I guess anything is possible.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
With the addition of Boise State, yeah, probably. But it's a non-sequitur anyway. Utah and BYU aren't in the MWC and that means it's basically just the WAC again.

Also, how can you include TCU when comparing the two conferences? The whole point is which conference provides more of an overall profile boost for TCU.

Then again if you're including Houston I guess anything is possible.
If you look at the current situation that they have right now, the move made sense, because the MWC with TCU wasn't better than the Big East without TCU, so obviously subtracting a top 2 team from a conference and adding it to the top 5 (likely #1 TBH) of the Big East, makes perfect sense for them.

As far as how relevant the talk of what teams would have been in the MWC, it takes time for people to grasp how much the MWC has lost. They had a lot of positive momentum going until Utah and BYU broke off. Now TCU breaking off basically makes it another WAC (if TCU had stayed, I would have compared it to the MWC 2.0, not the WAC...).

I'm simply saying that the feeling that you are talking about (MWC > Big East) is predicated on a large amount of what was happening a few months ago.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah but that's not true either.

The Mountain West has NEVER been higher than ANY of the AQ conferences in the Sagarin ratings. Ever. Any year. Any conference.

Why? Because a conference is more than just 3 teams. In your proposed challenge, the bottom 4-5 teams would get slaughtered.

Yes, TCU and Utah are great teams. But they have played a bunch of cupcake teams. Sorry, but that's just reality. They know it too, that's why they are leaving.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm laughing thinking of how the MWC will basically be this years WAC. haha Boise leaves to get strength of schedule and TCU waives goodbye.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, have to agree. Terrible week for Boise State football.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
I'm laughing thinking of how the MWC will basically be this years WAC. haha Boise leaves to get strength of schedule and TCU waives goodbye.
Yeah, well Strength of Schedule was one way to get respect for BCS bowl game eligibility. However, you probably haven't read anything previously posted in this thread because Boise is now the big dog in the kennel and nobody really stands a chance at challenging them for the non-BCS conference spot. They could get it every year if they continue to be as dominant as they have been. Which is a lot easier than being in the Pac 12 and having to come out at the top like Utah has to do.

Who's screwed the most out of everyone? The rest of the WAC. Teams like NMSU. ;)
Old 11-29-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, have to agree. Terrible week for Boise State football.
Their future is still bright.

Terrible week though yes because they have to share the WAC Championship Title with Hawaii and Nevada. lol. ...Oh and they lost millions because of their kicker.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Their future is still bright.

Terrible week though yes because they have to share the WAC Championship Title with Hawaii and Nevada. lol. ...Oh and they lost millions because of their kicker.
BSU is set up for a ton of BCS games if they continue to play like they have over the years.

But at the same time they dont want that conference to get weaker, they made that move with the hope of possibly playing for a title one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
MassNole
Pro Bowler

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see TCU doing to the Big East what FSU did to the ACC in the 90's.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, well Strength of Schedule was one way to get respect for BCS bowl game eligibility. However, you probably haven't read anything previously posted in this thread because Boise is now the big dog in the kennel and nobody really stands a chance at challenging them for the non-BCS conference spot. They could get it every year if they continue to be as dominant as they have been. Which is a lot easier than being in the Pac 12 and having to come out at the top like Utah has to do.

Who's screwed the most out of everyone? The rest of the WAC. Teams like NMSU. ;)
Boise is now going to have the same problem they have had while playing in the WAC and that is the lack of competition. Playing TCU would have definitely helped that every year. Utah is leaving as well as TCU and BYU so Boise gets to play pretty much the same teams. The WAC is going after Texas State and UTSA. NMSU now has a legit chance of winning the WAC. haha :)
Old 11-29-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
More like celebrating.
Huh? Any chance at playing in a legitimate conference just went out the window...

They're basically back in the WAC again.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes no geographical sense to me. Go money.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
More money for them in all sports, including football. With the high profile basketball teams, that will be a huge financial boost as well.
I think this is the key element to all this. MWS may be arguably better in football than the Big East but in other sports, particularly basketball, it is a totally different league. Joining the Big East gives them a great shot at being in an AQ league for football, them joining will likely save that status, but also puts their basketball program into a real league where it can recruit Texas and probably become a legitimately powerful program.

From a football perspective it is a good move, from the other sports it is a phenomenal move.

It's a pity for the MWS, the little league that can just fell apart with realignment and it had a good chance to become a legit conference.

BSU loses a lot of the credibility the league would have given them but also loses a competitor to get into the NC and BCS bowls, it's a win/lose move for them.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote