Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team is the best in the NFL?
New England Patriots 6 22.22%
Philadelphia Eagles 0 0%
Atlanta Falcons 8 29.63%
New Orleans Saints 1 3.70%
Pittsburgh Steelers 2 7.41%
Green Bay Packers 1 3.70%
Baltimore Ravens 2 7.41%
San Diego Chargers 2 7.41%
Chicago Bears 0 0%
New York Jets 5 18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best Team in Each Conference Pt. 2

Made one of these a couple weeks ago, decided it would be fun to make another one now that a couple things have changed.

NFC:
1. Atlanta Falcons (9-2 record, past 3 weeks have beaten the Bucs, Ravens and Packers)
2. New Orleans Saints (have picked up steamed since a slow start to the season)
3. Green Bay Packers (just barely lost against Atlanta, best team in the North IMO)
4. Chicago Bears (played well defensively against the Eagles, and had Jay Cutler decide he would finally play to his ability)
5. Philadelphia Eagles (one of the top 3 offenses in the NFL, but a dismal defense dragged them down to 5)

AFC:
1. New England Patriots (keep on impressing after beating the Colts and Steelers)
2. New York Jets (have an argument for the #1 spot, but I think their offense has to play better against the good teams)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (still one of the top teams in the NFL, great defense and an improving offense)
4. Baltimore Ravens (have played well the past couple weeks, barely lost to Atlanta and beat the "best team in the NFC" in Tampa Bay)
5. San Diego Chargers (keep on improving after starting off slowly, their offense and defense both rank close to the top in the NFL)
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:51 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Made one of these a couple weeks ago, decided it would be fun to make another one now that a couple things have changed.

NFC:
1. Atlanta Falcons (9-2 record, past 3 weeks have beaten the Bucs, Ravens and Packers)
2. New Orleans Saints (have picked up steamed since a slow start to the season)
3. Green Bay Packers (just barely lost against Atlanta, best team in the North IMO)
4. Chicago Bears (played well defensively against the Eagles, and had Jay Cutler decide he would finally play to his ability)
5. Philadelphia Eagles (one of the top 3 offenses in the NFL, but a dismal defense dragged them down to 5)

AFC:
1. New England Patriots (keep on impressing after beating the Colts and Steelers)
2. New York Jets (have an argument for the #1 spot, but I think their offense has to play better against the good teams)
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (still one of the top teams in the NFL, great defense and an improving offense)
4. Baltimore Ravens (have played well the past couple weeks, barely lost to Atlanta and beat the "best team in the NFC" in Tampa Bay)
5. San Diego Chargers (keep on improving after starting off slowly, their offense and defense both rank close to the top in the NFL)

Jets whooped us already this season. With the same record I can't put the Pats above them just yet. Im ready for the biggest game of the season next Monday though.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe in the Falcons in the NFC as for the AFC I can't make up my mind, put a gun to my head and I might say NE.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Jets whooped us already this season. With the same record I can't put the Pats above them just yet. Im ready for the biggest game of the season next Monday though.
Monday night is going to tell us a lot about both teams. The winner could come out as the favorite in the AFC.

As for the NFC, I'm going with Atlanta. I know it's early but if they do wind up with home field advantage in the playoffs, I would expect big things from them. It's going to be really hard to beat the Falcons in the Georgia Dome.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going Patriots in the AFC and Falcons in the NFC.

While I readily admit that I feel that the Falcons are a very beatable team and they don't scare me, I also won't deny the fact that they are on their way to being the #1 seed in the NFC, and they are unstoppable at home so their flaws are somewhat mooted by their incredible ability to win at home.

The Pats are the best in the AFC. And they get better with each game, that defense is improving and they have good chemistry and balance on offense, and Tom Brady.
Old 11-29-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Steelers are going to win the Superbowl even though they arent the "best" team.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta is on the fast track to homefield advantage and they are dominate at home.

NE lost to the Jets earlier and are half a game behind atm. Monday they play in NE, I think the Patroits are favorites to win that game. They beat Pittsburgh and Baltimore, giving them a tie breaker if they finish with the same record.

The Jets lost to Baltimore and play Pittsburgh later.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sure that the Eagles missing their star CB had nothing to do with this.

Quote:
Philly's "dismal" defense is ranked 10th in yards per game, 13th in points per game, first in interceptions and tied for first in takeaways. Dismal, indeed.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Philly's "dismal" defense is ranked 10th in yards per game, 13th in points per game, first in interceptions and tied for first in takeaways. Dismal, indeed.
It's not the Eagles defense we're used to though. They used to always be dominant, now they're middle tier.

And I'm also not a big Sean McDermot fan either.
Old 11-29-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago's defense is awesome but I still don't like their offense. Cutler still makes far too many awful throws, even his TDs on the weekend were back foot falling away and a couple should have been picked if not for his receivers bailing him out.

They are ultra similar to the SB team of a few years ago who will win games when their QB doesn't lose it for them.

I had Green Bay at the start of the season and I've seen no reason to change that. Atlanta are really solid and the Saints are super dangerous as well. Eagles also have a bit of Saints about them. A gambling turnover based defense rather than really being a great defense with a high powered offense that needs to move the ball for them to win.

AFC it is the same teams it has been forever now... Steelers, Ravens, Patriots, Jets, Chargers and Colts are still the teams to beat. Chiefs are dangerous as well, very similar team to the Jets last year where if they get a couple of favourable matchups they can go far.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Not going to lie, did this quickly so I didn't exactly have the time to pull out the stats for each individual team. Alot of what I wrote there has to do with just watching the teams play, and when you do that you tend to lean towards what you recently saw. I'm not going to act like I know more about the Eagles than you, because clearly I don't, but maybe sometimes stats don't tell the whole story.

For example, Atlanta's defense is ranked 7th in the league in points per game, tied for 4th in interceptions, and tied for 5th in takeaways, but I can tell you that we are not as good a defense as those stats indicate, because I actually watch us play these games. Also, when I looked at points per game for the Eagles defense, it was listed as 23rd, not 13th, maybe because NFL.com counted special teams and you didn't or something but that's a pretty big difference (just thinking about it now maybe you just hit the 2 key by accident, it's right beside the 1).

Again, I'm not trying to act like I know more about that team than you do, but from what I have seen the Eagles defense has not impressed me much. You are great a making the huge interception, and getting turnovers, but it looks like that can leave you prone to giving up big plays (sounds like I'm describing Asante Samuel here lol). Your offense is spectacular though, I will say that. When the Bears are bragging that they shut the Eagles offense down, even after you score 26 points, you are doing something right.

Last edited by Draft King : 11-29-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For example, Atlanta's defense is ranked 7th in the league in points per game, and is tied for 4th in interceptions, but I can tell you that we are not as good a defense as those stats indicate, because I actually watch us play these games. Also, when I looked at points per game for the Eagles defense, it was listed as 23rd, not 13th, maybe because NFL.com counted special teams and you didn't or something but that's a pretty big difference (just thinking about it now maybe you just hit the 2 key by accident, it's right beside the 1).
I think I just sorted them by points per game. I guess I ****** up. My bad.

Quote:
(sounds like I'm describing Asante Samuel here lol).
Asante's been nothing short of incredible this year. He's covering so much better and doesn't gamble as much, but still makes big plays.

Quote:
When the Bears are bragging that they shut the Eagles offense down, even after you score 26 points, you are doing something right.
Not to take anything away from the Bears, but if anyone really shut the Philly offense down, it was Andy Reid.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teams I could see winning the NFC:

1. Falcons
2. Packers
3. Saints
4. Eagles
5. Giants

Teams I could see winning the AFC:

1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Ravens
4. Jets