Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uggghh. If I was Nolan, I would re-sign Smiley now and wait until next off-season before I pay Gore anything more then what he's getting now on his rookie contract.

When he becomes an RFA in 2008, I would tender him at the highest level possible which I believe requires a first rounder and a third rounder as compensation. Of course, that's only if he repeats in 2007 what he did in 2006.

It would all depend on what he does in 2007, period.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

getting a glimpse of this year, gore can be a really talented back in the NFL...he can do everything, and he is REALLY good inside the goal line, and young, but he always had talent at UM just stayed hurt ever since i can remember...he deserves a raise, but i hope he doesnt hold out for a crazy deal, i do agree its smart that the niners try to keep him happy for his good year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Frank Gore is a 29 year old RB in a 24 year old's body. He'll be done in T-minus 3 years.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Beautiful Mind

The 49ers aren't gonna give him the leagues best deal, but he'll be paid like a top 5-10 back. I think they're a little hesitant because of what happened with Kevan Barlow. One great year, fell off the next. I think Frank Gore is a lot better though and deserves a contract around 4 years 26 million with 15 guaranteed.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:44 AM    (permalink
omecool20

I think he should have another good season then he can demand that raise. And as the rest have spoken, having Drew as your agent, is not a good sign. He pushes a good deal for his clients, but sometimes he pushes it too much.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:01 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a solution.

7 year 80 Million dollar contract. Then for every fumble, he loses 1 Mill.

That should put him around 7 years for say... 5-10M?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I have a solution.

I'm pretty sure Gore only fumbled once in the last half of the season. The first 8 games he fumbled alot though...especially the 4 lost fumbles in the first 4 games or so...

He looks to have corrected the problem though....we'll see this year.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers are dealing with Rosenhaus here. Gore is going to get paid.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
The 49ers are dealing with Rosenhaus here. Gore is going to get paid.
that's true. But on the other hand, he did only have ONE good year, I don't think the 49ers are naive enough to immediately hand him such a monster salary.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
lurkin012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Are you his illegitimate kid or something? Gore has some work to do before he earns anywhere top 5 RB money, nevermind top 5 overall money...
no he is the secund best runer in the leeg behind ladaynein tomlensin
Old 03-22-2007, 12:07 AM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I have a solution.

Yea, real funny.

Btw, I noticed Willie Parker had 1 more fumble than gore this year http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/494527
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/411568
It's funny that gore got all the publicity for his problem, and parker got none. Not only that, but 4 of gores 6 fumbles, were in the first 4 games, so he's clearly over his problem.

Last edited by sup3rk1ng : 03-22-2007 at 12:17 AM.
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful Mind View Post
The 49ers aren't gonna give him the leagues best deal, but he'll be paid like a top 5-10 back. I think they're a little hesitant because of what happened with Kevan Barlow. One great year, fell off the next. I think Frank Gore is a lot better though and deserves a contract around 4 years 26 million with 15 guaranteed.
I doubt that has much to do with it. Barlow had never proven that he could carry the load, he was splitting time with hearst. Gore isn't a one year wonder, or a product of any "system". Niner fans knew what gore could do... he lead our team in rushing last year with only 1 start and lead all rookies in ypc. He was an absolute force everytime he carried the ball. He finished the last 3 games of his rookie year with 255 yards on 54 carries(4.7 ypc). The only thing they're concerned with is his injury history.
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 AM    (permalink
A-Dub4President
Rookie

A-Dub4President hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup3rk1ng View Post
I doubt that has much to do with it. Barlow had never proven that he could carry the load, he was splitting time with hearst. Gore isn't a one year wonder, or a product of any "system". Niner fans knew what gore could do... he lead our team in rushing last year with only 1 start and lead all rookies in ypc. He was an absolute force everytime he carried the ball. He finished the last 3 games of his rookie year with 255 yards on 54 carries(4.7 ypc). The only thing they're concerned with is his injury history.
But you still have to be concenred about his knees if you're the niners. If health wasn't a concern then this would be a no-brainer, but because of those mitigating circumstances, I'm not sure if you'll see him get signed to a long term top three type of deal.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 AM    (permalink
hoff04

I am probably the biggest niner fan but never post. Gore was great but they cant pay him top dollar yet. Remember how bad of a cap situation the niners were in when they went on their slide. That is because they gave players big money after short great performances. I love gore but he needs another good year. If LJ cant get a contract extension after his performance 2 years ago Gore doesn't deserve sh*t. Larry Allen played like a beast last year that is what made Gore do what he did. I don't expect Allen to do the same so if Gore does near what he did last year then the extension is warrented.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:01 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think every 9er fan loves Gore but to give him a huge contract is simply irresponsible - he has had injury concerns and he's only done it for 1 year. Also his style does not bode well for longjevity. Give him a raise but keep it reasonable

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:12 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how bout the 49ers take a stand and let some other poor sucker pay him 10 Mil a year.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote