Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Will Jim Harbaugh coach in the NFL in 2010?
Yes- he's ready to make the jump 28 51.85%
No- he will stay in college, with Stanford or another team 26 48.15%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-01-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Will Jim Harbaugh coach in the NFL in 2010?

The Stanford HC seems to be one of the hottest candidates around for the last few years, but it seems that this could be the year he leaves Stanford for greener pastures and a higher paycheque. Do you see Harbaugh leaving, and if so where could he coach next year?

I expect there to be around 6 total openings- Dallas, Minnesota, Carolina, SF, Houston, and Cincinnati. Denver, Jacksonville and maybe Tennessee are wildcards. I also thought Lovie Smith would be fired for sure this year but the 8-3 record seems to have saved his job for now.

Of the 6 expected openings...i think Dallas and Minnesota could just promote their interim coaches. Garrett has that team looking much better and Frazier just won his first game. Both have been HC candidates for years so i don't think its unreasonable that they get a shot at the full time gig.

Of the other teams...i think Carolina and SF would be the most realistic places to go. With SF, owner and team president Jed York recently had dinner with Harbaugh at a Stanford/Cal event about 2 weeks ago. 3 days ago, he's named a top candidate for the HC job by Peter King. Doesn't sound like a coincidence to me. And then local beat writer Tim Kawakwami reported that York was interested in learning more about Harbaugh. Now, just because the 49ers are interested in Harbaugh doesn't mean Harbaugh is interested in the 49ers, so that remains to be seen.

As for Carolina...well, they're on the inside track to the #1 pick and a shot at Luck. If Harbaugh goes pro he might want to take his QB with him, and Carolina would be the best shot at this. John Fox is as good as gone and a Harbaugh/Luck pairing would be a dream scenario for Carolina. Those two could instantly turn that franchise around.

Of course, besides these options, its always possible that Harbaugh stays in the college game. He could stay at Stanford or maybe get the Michigan job. If he gets a shot at Michigan i think he will choose that over any NFL team.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 12-01-2010 at 02:04 PM.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he stays for now, perhaps a team like carolina offers him the head coaching job where he can draft Andrew Luck with the number one pick i think he will leave.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He comes to Cincy =]

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL can wait. He can't bear to watch Rich Rodriguez destroy his school any longer. He's coming home.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
The NFL can wait. He can't bear to watch Rich Rodriguez destroy his school any longer. He's coming home.
Glorioussssssssssssssssssss.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he and Luck are connected at the hip in some ways. If Luck, god forbid, stays in school, Harbaugh might just stay there. Or if Harbaugh decides to leave before that, I bet Luck comes out. They're both going to have a big impact on what the other one decides to do I'm sure.

That said, short of a team like Carolina, Cincy, or a team who mortgages their draft to trade up for Luck signing Harbaugh and getting Luck, I think Harbaugh stays in the college ranks.

Michigan might want to make him the highest paid NCAA coach ever....Harbaugh just might take that offer, lol
Old 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I think he stays for now, perhaps a team like carolina offers him the head coaching job where he can draft Andrew Luck with the number one pick i think he will leave.
You covered both bases there. The only other option would be does he coach somewhere else in college, perhaps a Michigan.

My guess is he ends up in Frisco or Carolina and yes Luck would be going along with him.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2010, 02:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The same Bengals that seem to fully believe that the problems in the passing game are fully on the WRs while Carson Palmer remains great want Jim Harbaugh thinking you'll take Luck?

Can't have your cake and eat it too gentleman. Either admit Carson sucks like everyone else has realized of gtfo when thinking about Harbaugh being your next coach.

;)
Old 12-01-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post

He'll be wearing those at his Michigan Head Coach introductory press conference, so he can **** his pants in joy and not feel bad about ruining any clothing of value.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
The same Bengals that seem to fully believe that the problems in the passing game are fully on the WRs while Carson Palmer remains great want Jim Harbaugh thinking you'll take Luck?

Can't have your cake and eat it too gentleman. Either admit Carson sucks like everyone else has realized of gtfo when thinking about Harbaugh being your next coach.

;)
Seriously. I wanna know where you guys see Bengals fans who think Carson is still great?

As I've stated, the only reason I am against Luck is unless Mike Brown moves Carson we cannot afford to have that much salary in QB. Since it is unlikely we move him (cut or trade) I dont see the point in Luck or Harbaugh. That said, if I had my way I would trade Palmer and draft Luck and sign Harbaugh. Sign a vet to start the season cheap and work Luck in.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 12-01-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Seriously. I wanna know where you guys see Bengals fans who think Carson is still great?
I'm pretty sure both Pudge and PatSims have been championing that.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Jacksonville and Dallas jobs will not be open this offseason. Del Rio will stick around and Garrett will get the Dallas job. Leslie Frazier is going to get a head coaching job this offseason, whether it is in Minnesota or somewhere else. And with the labor situation the way it is, some owners might resist firing a coach because they don't want to have to pay the fired coach and their new coach when there may not even be games.

I bet the only true openings this offseason will be Carolina, Cincinnati, and maybe Tennesee (if the owner would rather have Vince Young than Jeff Fisher). I think Harbaugh stays in college next year, either at Stanford or Michigan.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
The Jacksonville and Dallas jobs will not be open this offseason. Del Rio will stick around and Garrett will get the Dallas job. Leslie Frazier is going to get a head coaching job this offseason, whether it is in Minnesota or somewhere else. And with the labor situation the way it is, some owners might resist firing a coach because they don't want to have to pay the fired coach and their new coach when there may not even be games.

I bet the only true openings this offseason will be Carolina, Cincinnati, and maybe Tennesee (if the owner would rather have Vince Young than Jeff Fisher). I think Harbaugh stays in college next year, either at Stanford or Michigan.
I could see Frazier in Cincy as well. Marvin likes cheap young HC. Frazier would be that. Same with Hue Jackson.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

;)
I thought about Cinci too, but i don't know if Mike Brown will want to pony up the cash to get a top candidate with options in the pro and college game. Isn't Mike Brown, for a lack of a better word..kind of cheap?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm pretty sure both Pudge and PatSims have been championing that.
I am very confident that Sims is being sarcastic.
Pudge if I am not mistaken, thinks Carson could be great again if we ever did anything to help him. (Like getting lineman and a TE BEFORE he got killed in 08)

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to Carolina to follow Luck is too cute to ever happen. He will stay at Stanford and ravage the Pac-10.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
I thought about Cinci too, but i don't know if Mike Brown will want to pony up the cash to get a top candidate with options in the pro and college game. Isn't Mike Brown, for a lack of a better word..kind of cheap?
I wouldn't call him cheap as much as frugal.
He is more than willing to spend money on his guys. He made Carson a top paid QB. He made Chad a top paid WR. He made Jeremi Johnson a top paid FB. He has done it in the past. And expect it again with JJoe. All were great signings who took tragic or ignorant turns for the worse but he will spend money on his own players. Coaching wise, he likes Coordinators. So Harbaugh would be a stretch. I think he realizes he is in his twilight and finally gonna change.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I wouldn't call him cheap as much as frugal.
He is more than willing to spend money on his guys. He made Carson a top paid QB. He made Chad a top paid WR. He made Jeremi Johnson a top paid FB. He has done it in the past. And expect it again with JJoe. All were great signings who took tragic or ignorant turns for the worse but he will spend money on his own players. Coaching wise, he likes Coordinators. So Harbaugh would be a stretch. I think he realizes he is in his twilight and finally gonna change.
Hasn't kicked in for Al Davis yet....
Old 12-01-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Hasn't kicked in for Al Davis yet....
As bad as Brown has been for 20 years, he is not Al Davis senile yet.
I hope when he steps down and his daughter Katie takes over she hires a GM and some GODDAMN scouts for ***** sake.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All depends on what Luck does

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has an NFL team ever hired a college coach and then that coach drafts that same QB he worked with in college?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Has an NFL team ever hired a college coach and then that coach drafts that same QB he worked with in college?
Not in recent memory that I know of. The last time it could have happened was with Carroll/Leinart to the 49ers.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Harbaugh go to Michigan. His coaching style/philosphy is perfect for the Big 10. It would probably take a year or two to clean up the mess Richrod created in Ann Arbor. He would inherit a better team than he did when he took the Stanford job. I think the vast improvement of the Stanford defense from year to year, especially from last season to this season really should be commended. Defense has been Michigan's achilles heel. I believe no QB Michigan currently has would be more than serviceable in Harbuagh's offense but he should have no trouble recruiting any 5 star QBs to play at U of M in a pro-style offense.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote