Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
DuckHunt
Rookie

DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.DuckHunt is a cocksman.
Default Nate Burleson (Lions) guarantees win over 8-3 Bears

Lions WR Nate Burleson is guaranteeing a victory over the 8-3 Bears this Sunday. Starting QB Shaun Hill is not playing...and in favor of him will be 3rd stringer Drew Stanton. What do you guys think? Does Burleson wind up looking like an idiot for guaranteeing this win?

Story : http://www.chicitysports.com/2010/12...ry-over-bears/
DuckHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember the guy on the Lions who said if they went 0-16 he would walk home from that final away game. Not the same Lions, but funny nontheless. Predictions like this usual don;t work out too well and if they do then nobody cares, so it's pretty much a lose lose situation.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams much? What is it about Lions WRs and predicting wins over the Bears?
Old 12-01-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one just stinks of a trap game for us. The Bears are coming off of a big statement win over the Eagles and get the Patriots at home next Sunday night. The Bears should still win though. Drew Stanton's starting.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why say this? What good does it do? Jon Kitna gauranteed 10 wins a few years ago too. How about the Lions win a few more games before their players start gauranteeing things

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burleson clearly hasn't seen the injury report. I'd be shocked if we score more than 0 points.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see it, the lions are going to make sure to get up for this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Stanton starting and the Bears playing there best football. I'll take my Bears.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Stanton is an ass
Quote:
Asked whether he retained any of the mechanics taught to him by Martz, Stanton said, "Not a single one."
Asked about Martz on Wednesday, Stanton told MLive.com, "that's way behind me and I want to leave it back there. That was something I had to go through, and I grew up in the process. I'm stronger now because of it. Obviously, with some of the stuff that [Martz] was doing with my mechanics and whatnot just wasn't natural for me. That's not my focus. I'm not taking a snap against Mike Martz, so I'm not really too worried about what he's got going on over there, other than just trying to get more points than they do."
no wonder you are a ******* 3rd QB on the lions

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a capable NFL QB isn't natural for him either so I can understand that.

Last edited by regoob2 : 12-01-2010 at 09:25 PM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait why isnt Cutler starting?

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Wait why isnt Cutler starting?
?????
Stanton is on the lions

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Stafford starting = Good chance
Shaun Hill starting = Chance
Drew Stanton starting = No chance
Old 12-01-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
?????
Stanton is on the lions
Haha I read someone elses post wrong. I was pretty confused for a second.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-01-2010, 08:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton still has tools. I'm not even making a tool joke. I don't think he'll ever make anything of himself in the NFL but there's a reason he's still on a roster when most total scrub 3rd stringers would have washed out by now.

No chance against the Lions though.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was about 12 weeks too late on his guarantee.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
Why say this? What good does it do? Jon Kitna gauranteed 10 wins a few years ago too. How about the Lions win a few more games before their players start gauranteeing things
Jon Kitna guaranteed 10 wins? I thought he just said something like "I could see us being a 10 win team" after they had like 6-7 wins in a 10 week span.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Jon Kitna guaranteed 10 wins? I thought he just said something like "I could see us being a 10 win team" after they had like 6-7 wins in a 10 week span.
He for sure guaranteed it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/...re_than_1.html

Have a laugh.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guarantees don't mean squat unless you give something up if you don't.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Stanton still has tools. I'm not even making a tool joke. I don't think he'll ever make anything of himself in the NFL but there's a reason he's still on a roster when most total scrub 3rd stringers would have washed out by now.
Tools don't mean anything if you have worst work ethic + douchebaggery combo in the league.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upset special?

No not really. Burleson is going to end up looking like an idiot

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Lions already beat the Bears once but they also had their starting QB for about a half.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 03:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see it happening, but I don't really trust Drew Stanton enough to guarantee or predict a win. I wouldn't be surprised if we won though.
Old 12-02-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Drew Stanton is an ass

no wonder you are a ******* 3rd QB on the lions
Martz is an idiot. I wouldn't want him tinkering with a rookie QBs mechanics.