Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-02-2010, 04:52 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Is Cam the right fit going forward?

Or do we now have too many weapons to get the ball to?

Boldin isn't going to complain but you have to think he is not happy not being targeted 10-12 times a game.

Housh is coming on and Stallworth hasn't even gotten started.

Mason is steady as usual just like Heap and Rice out of the backfield is money in the bank for us.

Thoughts??
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cameron is doing a good job overall this season. The o-line has been shaky in the run game, so you can't blame him for passing too much.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's risky and sometimes a dumb player caller
but
he's better than most
so I'll keep him until we don't make playoffs
Old 12-06-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's some quotes from after last night's game. This comes from another forum, I give all credit to the TC for putting this together:

Derrick Mason

Quote:
I might get crucified for this one, but with all these people we've got on offense? We're not a good offense at times. Just call it how you see it. Call a spade a spade. If we were a good offense, we'd move the ball up and down the field. Especially with the people we have and the quarterback and the personnel we have. But we're just not a good offense at times ...

Aaron Wilson
Quote:
Players are privately seriously disenchanted with offensive coordinator Cam Cameron's play-calling. Questioning direction of offense.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Quote:
It’s a combination of things. Of course you’re going to come out and try to adjust and not do the things you didn’t do well and do more of the things that you did well. But, they’re going to come out and make adjustments, too. To be in a situation where our defense completely dominated the game, we were fairly effective, but only scored 10 points. We shouldn’t have lost the game the way we lost it. And, if we would’ve done anything to help the defense out, we would’ve won.

Joe Flacco

Quote:
I guess we just never really got into our groove. We would like to score more than 10 points, obviously. We would have liked to have put a touchdown on the board there instead of a field goal. We’d be talking a little different conversation right now [if we did]. But I know that’s not what happened. We didn’t score enough points to win. That’s really what it came down to today. I thought our defense played great. They made a key play, and they put up the points.
Terrell Suggs

Quote:
No, we gave that to them. Is that something new – [Steelers S Troy] Polamalu at the line of scrimmage? You can’t give their defense opportunities to make plays. They have a lot of good defensive players over there, as you all can clearly see. That play changed the outcome of the game. We’ve just got to know our opponent better. I feel like we have to play better as a team – offensively, defensively – and play the game. We need to learn from our mistakes. I remember another sack, fumble for a touchdown in 2008. It’s like, ‘Have we learned nothing?’ You’ve got to know who you’re playing against. [Steelers defensive coordinator] - LeBeau, he’s an aggressive defensive coordinator. Nine times out of 10 that [No.] 43 [Polamalu] is at the line, he’s coming. We can’t give them that opportunity to make plays, and we did.”
He uses a variety of sources, so here's the link to the original post: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=424651

Sounds as if the players aren't really digging Cameron either. I can't blame them, he's not good at putting together a consistent game-plan and his in-game adjustments are about as useful as Mattison's. I really don't think He's the coordinator for us going forward, IMO our best style of play is still running the ball to set up the pass. He's the opposite of that, and we just don't have the players to do that. Flacco is still progressing and he's looking a lot better than he did earlier in the season (footwork and mechanics, not talking about stats) but our receiving corp still needs a vouple of additions if we really want to open up the passing game. Even if we do add better receivers we still have Rice, who's being poorly misused this season. I'd say everybody involved in the running game is being misused actually, our running plays take way too long to develop and are usually pretty easy to recognize. That falls on the play-calling IMO.
coordinator0 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how are we supposed to run to set up the pass vs. the #1 rush defense in the NFL? He called a good game, a game that the Ravens controlled up until Polumalu made a huge play for the Steelers. That's not Cameron's fault, thats the T or RB who was supposed to pick up Polumalu's fault.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
how are we supposed to run to set up the pass vs. the #1 rush defense in the NFL? He called a good game, a game that the Ravens controlled up until Polumalu made a huge play for the Steelers. That's not Cameron's fault, thats the T or RB who was supposed to pick up Polumalu's fault.
No, I'm not talking about this past game but throughout this season in general. It's easy to see that Cameron clearly favors the pass instead of the run, and our team isn't built to succeed that way. If Flacco progresses further we'll be better at it, but we don't have the receivers or ability to do so right now. THe problem is that we should be trying to strike while we still have the key pieces on both sides of the ball (Lewis, Reed, and Boldin most notably) who are still effective yet might not be in a year or so.

I agree that the sack/strip wasn't all on Flacco, and I said so in the general discussion thread in this forum. Oher is mostly responsible IMO, I don't remember a RB being left in there to block (at least on that side) for that play.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

True, it is obvious he wants to pass more and it doesn't make sense with the backfield we have. but I will say this, our o-line's run blocking has suffered a bit with the loss of Gaither.

We still should be running more though.

also, we all should be rooting for the Jets to beat the Steelers 2 weeks from now. If the Jets win, and we win 3/4 games, we can re-take the 2nd Seed and get home field advantage throughout the playoffs.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

He can't do anything well. He has no clue what he wants to do.

Either spread it out(if you want to pass), or stick with a run a little more.

To answer your question. In 1 word: no.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 08:38 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

I think its easy to say replace him though... replace him with whom? It would have to come from outside the organization, I don't want Zorn or Al Saunders replacing him.

And most of the HC going to be termintated this year other than Josh McDaniels aren't offensive guys.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
I think its easy to say replace him though... replace him with whom? It would have to come from outside the organization, I don't want Zorn or Al Saunders replacing him.

And most of the HC going to be termintated this year other than Josh McDaniels aren't offensive guys.
The reason it's easy to say replace him is because he's been so bad for the team. Cameron could be a good offensive coordinator, but not on this team where our best talent still lies within the backfield (offensive line issues aside, they've been as bad in run blocking as they have been in pass protection) yet he just doesn't understand how to put together a game-plan that allows us to utilize them properly.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
The reason it's easy to say replace him is because he's been so bad for the team. Cameron could be a good offensive coordinator, but not on this team where our best talent still lies within the backfield (offensive line issues aside, they've been as bad in run blocking as they have been in pass protection) yet he just doesn't understand how to put together a game-plan that allows us to utilize them properly.
But again... who do we put in place of him? I'm not saying keep him or fire him.. just saying WHO would you replace him with?
Old 12-21-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefMike View Post
But again... who do we put in place of him? I'm not saying keep him or fire him.. just saying WHO would you replace him with?
That's a hard question to ask since we don't know the current situations of other coordinators/assistants around the league. I'd assume it would be somebody from within the organization, but we did go outside to hire Cameron so I wouldn't be surprised if we went that route. The only two viable options (IMO) within the organization are Saunders and Zorn, and I think I would probably lean towards Zorn because I'm not sure if Flacco would flourish with Saunders' highly detailed playbook that he used to implement when he was coordinating.

I know you said you don't want Zorn or Saunders replacing Cameron, but that just comes down to personal preference. I do agree that an outside option (if any are available) would probably be better, but I think either Saunders or Zorn would be better at managing the play-calling duties than Cameron is.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Come on now Zorn?? he has zero track record for managing a high powered offense! He was a QB coach and then a HC and his offense in DC was a mess. Saunders has a good track record but I would rather us go after a guy with fresh ideas like Jason Garrett was in Dallas before we goto a Vet like Saunders.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Cameron isn't exactly managing our offense effectively either. This Ravens team has the most offensive talent it's had in years, perhaps ever, yet it's actually seemed to regress and not take a step forward. Honestly I'd make a change just for the sake of making a change since Cameron just isn't getting it done.

Garrett is likely staying as the Dallas HC so he probably won't be an option. From what Dallas fans have said I don't think I'd want him anyways, that team has as much offensive talent as any team in the league and they didn't seem to put anything together (not really referring to this year since it was pretty much in the toilet from the get go with Phillips sucking and Romo getting hurt). McDaniels might get some attention as well but I'd rather not hire him either, his style of play doesn't seem like it would fit with our personnel.
Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

Well I'm not saying Garrett I'm just saying in general a guy like that. We need a fresh ideas like Harbaugh was for the leadership of the Team when he came. Cam was Brian Billick for the Offense he got the team prepared to win and score points and changed the culture for the offense, but sometimes you just max out what you can do.