Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Whiny whiner Andy Reid whines about whiny things

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-michael-vick/

Quote:
Eagles coach Andy Reid says hes tired of seeing quarterback Michael Vick getting hit by opposing defenses. And the team plans to express its concerns to the league office.

It bothers me to be honest with you. That bothers me. I see the same thing youre seeing and it bothers me, Reid says. He does run, but hes still the quarterback and you cant treat him like hes a running back there. Thats not what the rules state.
Actually, Andy...the rules allow for defenders to knock his block off if he's too stupid to slide. Guess you better get to work on that in practice instead of whining. You don't have to handle a QB who ran with kid gloves and allow him to fight for extra yardage that you don't allow a RB to get. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Except that if Aaron Rodgers or Mark Sanchez were to scramble for some extra yards and get hit late, it would instantly warrant a flag.

Refs treat Vick more like a running back than a scrambling quarterback. Quarterbacks, even when they break the pocket, should be treated differently from an average running back. Other guys like Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez don't get hit late with such regularity, but Vick does.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Quarterbacks, even when they break the pocket, should be treated differently from an average running back.
No they shouldn't.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except that if Aaron Rodgers or Mark Sanchez were to scramble for some extra yards and get hit late, it would instantly warrant a flag.

Refs treat Vick more like a running back than a scrambling quarterback. Quarterbacks, even when they break the pocket, should be treated differently from an average running back. Other guys like Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez don't get hit late with such regularity, but Vick does.
No.

Running backs that get hit late get flags thrown, too. A late hit is a late hit. The rules do not allow for a difference as to how defenders are to approach a runner once he takes off, no matter his position.

The two guys you named don't get hit with the same regularity because they don't run with the same regularity. If Andy doesn't want his fragile little runner to get hit like a football player, he should tell him to stop running like a football player.

edit: also...Reid's complaint says jack s*** about late hits. It's hits in general. I haven't seen any great number of late hits on Vick in the 4 Iggles games I've seen this season.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-03-2010 at 07:03 PM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is just further fallout from the crackdown on actually hitting hard in football. Next will be left tackles. They are too crucial in the protection of the QB, so hitting them could endanger the game.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm tired of seeing this ****, my interest is fading pretty fast. Let's just play two hand ******* touch and be done with it at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 07:51 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've noticed scamblers don't get the same level of protection from refs though, even behind the LOS. Vince Young being dumped on his head for a sack against Pitt was the best recent example. Fined and no penalty. That simply never happens to a pocket QB of equal ability.

And it's not like that was an isolated example, even with just Vince Young. He was regularly being hit low and I don't think that new low hit on a QB call was ever made.

Weird thing is Vince isn't even really a scrambler anymore *shrug*.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Other guys like Aaron Rodgers and Mark Sanchez don't get hit late with such regularity, but Vick does.
Umm, that's way wrong, sorry.
Rodgers has been screwed left & right by a lot of non-calls from hits to the head in OT of a loss this year and a playoff last last season, to an inadvertent facemask in OT last year on THE play that he was stripped for the game-winning TD.

And a few times this year Rodgers has gone down sliding, and still gotten nailed. He whined about no flag being thrown, but I agree that the defender didn't have time to stop his momentum of going to make the tackle when suddenly Rodgers went down.

Rodgers may get a little too much love on these boards, but the refs have clearly f**** him compared to many other QBs including Cutler, at least against us.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzTitan View Post
I've noticed scamblers don't get the same level of protection from refs though, even behind the LOS. Vince Young being dumped on his head for a sack against Pitt was the best recent example. Fined and no penalty. That simply never happens to a pocket QB of equal ability.

And it's not like that was an isolated example, even with just Vince Young. He was regularly being hit low and I don't think that new low hit on a QB call was ever made.

Weird thing is Vince isn't even really a scrambler anymore *shrug*.
Yeah, I agree scrambling QBs get treated different. Against the colts Mike Vick got hit late out of bounds and there was no penalty, Phil Sims said it was the right call because it was to closeto call . Then later in the game Peyton Manning gets tapped barely on the back of his head & the ref throws out a flag, Phil Sims says they should call that every time.

BTW Vince Young got pile drived and I don't know how that was not a penalty but Peytons was ..... anyone got video of it?

Last edited by Complex : 12-03-2010 at 08:38 PM.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolute disgraceful to the game. Are teams supposed to sit there and let him get yards? If you run, you get hit. If he doesn't like it, slide right or don't run at all.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dumb thread. I saw the interview and he was answering a question about multiple missed facemask calls on Vick yesterday.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"my team's QB has been hit so many times and it warranted no flags! argh!"
-half the comments in this thread

you mean people do things and refs dont throw flags? no ******* way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-michael-vick/

Actually, Andy...the rules allow for defenders to knock his block off if he's too stupid to slide. Guess you better get to work on that in practice instead of whining. You don't have to handle a QB who ran with kid gloves and allow him to fight for extra yardage that you don't allow a RB to get. Dumbest thing I've ever heard.
This thread and the linked article lack context. "I see the same thing you’re seeing and it bothers me," tells me that a reporter framed a question around a particular occurrence, yet we don't see/hear or have a link to the question/play/occurrence.

Shameful "reporting."

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You've apparently never watched a Packer's game. Rodgers takes more dirty hits than any QB I've seen. He routinely gets planted into the ground late, helmet slapped on sacks, and hit, often helmet to helmet, while feet first sliding and almost never gets a flag.

Only three QBs get protection in the NFL; Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre. Everyone knows it. It's not "oh, Vick isn't getting protected." "oh Rodgers isn't getting protected" it's everyone except those three.

Also, if Vick keeps refusing to slide he should keep taking the hits he takes. Until you slide, you're a RB once you get outta the pocket.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** Packer fans can't stop talking about their team.
Old 12-03-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They have 13 players on injured reserve.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you mean Manning, Favre or Brady there.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

If I looked like Andy Reid Id probably whine a lot too. Idk where Reid and Rex Ryan find all this time to squeeze about 5,000 calories into their diet. God bless Eric Mangini...
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
The Packers are the best team in the NFL, haven't you heard? If only they would stop beating themselves!
CameronCropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid, how dare you think you have enough pull to force a rule change. That is exclusive to Bill Polian and Bill Polian alone. Only when his QB is getting hit will there be any kind of change like this....

Silly Andy Reid, go back to studying clock management.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:12 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FYI Manning has gotten hit more this year than any other. That is more because of crappy OL play though, not late hits. But it isn't like opposing defenses are getting called all the time just for hitting Manning. That may have been true in previous years but not this year.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:24 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Andy Reid, how dare you think you have enough pull to force a rule change. That is exclusive to Bill Polian and Bill Polian alone. Only when his QB is getting hit will there be any kind of change like this....

Silly Andy Reid, go back to studying clock management.
Dude seriously, I dont think there is anyone on these boards who hates Bill Polian more then you. lol

I was waiting for the "slamming the competition commitee against the wall and pumping crowd noise at them to change the rules" comment.

Buts its all good man. lol
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the QB is out of the pocket, level him. The harder the better. Christ, that's one of the reasons people don't run the option more in the NFL, they don't want their quarterback getting decleated when he's running outside the pocket. This is ridiculous. As far as Im concerned, if he has the balls to take off running then he deserves to get annihilated by a defender if he doesn't slide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If the QB is out of the pocket, level him. The harder the better. Christ, that's one of the reasons people don't run the option more in the NFL, they don't want their quarterback getting decleated when he's running outside the pocket. This is ridiculous. As far as Im concerned, if he has the balls to take off running then he deserves to get annihilated by a defender if he doesn't slide.
And it's not like Vick doesnt have plenty of time to slide. He always just goes for the extra yard when theres two guys right there ready to kill him. Tell your Qb to slide, don't go bitching about the rules. I feel like if someone has a problem in today's NFL they just fight for a rule change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote