Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-04-2010, 03:10 PM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default LaMichael James, RB, Oregon

What is he? Can he be a 20 carry a game guy in the NFL, or is he just a scat back? Was he just a product of the system, or did he make the system work?

Where would you guys take him?
Old 12-04-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're seeing more and more in the NFL that you don't have to be huge to be a productive back in the league, and with so many teams utilizing more than one rusher, it's rare that any one RB has to shoulder the full load anymore.

I think he could definitely be a productive NFL RB and I think he's a high 2nd rounder right now.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Use him in the Eric Metcalf/Reggie Bush type role or be dissapointed.

Would I take that at the top of the 2nd round? If I'm a team trying to get the final pieces in place for a championship, I'd certainly consider it.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
DaBrowns41
Rookie

DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah, like BeerBaron said, these RB's nowadays aren't carrying the ball 30-35 times a game anymore.

Most of the time they are getting between 15-20 carries and maybe another 3-4 catches out of the backfield a game.

James is talented and his speed could push him into the first. Unfortunately all the top end talent in the first round could push him into the 2nd.

Follow me on Twitter @NFLSoupKeet
DaBrowns41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PhinsRock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBrowns41 View Post
James is talented and his speed could push him into the first. Unfortunately all the top end talent in the first round could push him into the 2nd.
Mark Ingram seems to be the only back that is worthy of a first round pick right now...I don't think competition is something he needs to be worried about.
Old 12-04-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
DaBrowns41
Rookie

DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.DaBrowns41 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsRock View Post
Mark Ingram seems to be the only back that is worthy of a first round pick right now...I don't think competition is something he needs to be worried about.
I'd give Daniel Thomas a first round grade as well. But he could also slide thanks to the all the DE's that could be drafted in the first.

Follow me on Twitter @NFLSoupKeet
DaBrowns41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he declares, he'd be my #2 back, behind Ingram and above Murray. I'm a huge fan of James though, I think he's going to be a very electric NFL player and a nice weapon for a team. Probably not a feature back, but then again very few guys are these days. He's a 15 touch per game guy who will do some damage in space and has speed to burn. He could squeak into the end of Round 1 a la Jahvid Best if he tests well, but I think he's more of a second round guy at the moment. I'm very high on him though, and I know some others are as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if he declares he is a mid-to-late first rounder, probably the 2nd guy off the board after Mark Ingram. He's a home-run-hitter in the Chris Johnson mold and someone will take a chance on his big play ability somewhere in the 1st. Wouldn't mind if that team was the Phins. All he needs is 20 touches a game to make a big impact. I'm a fan.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I think if he declares he is a mid-to-late first rounder, probably the 2nd guy off the board after Mark Ingram. He's a home-run-hitter in the Chris Johnson mold and someone will take a chance on his big play ability somewhere in the 1st. Wouldn't mind if that team was the Phins. All he needs is 20 touches a game to make a big impact. I'm a fan.
He doesn't run between the tackles in college, so I'm not willing to bet a 1st round pick that he will in the pros
Old 12-04-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
He doesn't run between the tackles in college, so I'm not willing to bet a 1st round pick that he will in the pros
Good point.

All he runs at Oregon are sweeps to the outside. I'd like to see him run it out of a conventional I formation in between the tackles...or at least see if he can bounce it to the outside out of that formation.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure that that matters with his big-play ability. But it is a valid point. I, myself would rather wait until the 2nd or 3rd and get Quizz Rodgers.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one that has noticed that he is absolutely nothing special? He takes advantage of gaping running lanes in that offense, he has some decent wiggle, but he's not going to be more than a scatback in the NFL. And not even that good of a scatback. I'd take Noel Devine and DeMarco Murray over him without question.

Actually, legitimate question: assuming James and Barner are good NFL prospects (I don't think so, but some do), is anyone on that team a good prospect? Cliff Harris and Casey Matthews are the only two players on that team that impress me. And the other corner, Talmadge Jackson is all right. Other than that, I don't see any NFL futures. Am I forgetting anyone? It's amazing to me that they're as good as they are.

Last edited by ChiFan24 : 12-04-2010 at 06:40 PM.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a scat back and a product of a system but if someone takes that scat back and uses him in a decent system, like elements of what he did in college adapted for the pro game, he'll be very productive. If, for example, the 49ers use him like they use Gore, he'll suck even if it's 5, 10, or 20 carries.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Use him in the Eric Metcalf/Reggie Bush type role or be dissapointed.

Would I take that at the top of the 2nd round? If I'm a team trying to get the final pieces in place for a championship, I'd certainly consider it.
Yup, agree with this.

Not a feature back in the NFL. Useful piece? Undoubtedly, but not worth it unless you're looking for a chunk instead of a piece.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huge fan of his as well. It's a shame that he has some issues and isn't a tremendous need, because he'd make a great replacement for Norwood.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Huge fan of his as well. It's a shame that he has some issues and isn't a tremendous need, because he'd make a great replacement for Norwood.
I thought the same. James is like Charlie Garner reincarnated. I say mid 2nd.

..yes, this sig is a little embarrassing right now
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Some team will grab him in the second round and will have themselves a steal.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:52 AM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

He's a woman beater so he's a P.O.S. in my book and no one should root for the guy unless they too are a P.O.S. that beats women. I think it should be more of a red flag than Blount punching a grown man on a football field, honestly. Undrafted. Make him earn a spot on a team like Blount had to.
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
PhinsRock
Rookie

What makes him better than Quizz Rodgers? I have a hard time believing that Rodgers wouldn't put up similar stats in Oregon's offense...
Old 12-05-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhinsRock View Post
What makes him better than Quizz Rodgers? I have a hard time believing that Rodgers wouldn't put up similar stats in Oregon's offense...
QFT. You can't go wrong with either one and true, Quizz would put up similar numbers in that offense.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Locker View Post
He's a woman beater so he's a P.O.S. in my book and no one should root for the guy unless they too are a P.O.S. that beats women. I think it should be more of a red flag than Blount punching a grown man on a football field, honestly. Undrafted. Make him earn a spot on a team like Blount had to.
I didn't even know that. So aside from the fact that he's really not that good, he has major character issues. I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiFan24 View Post
I didn't even know that. So aside from the fact that he's really not that good, he has major character issues. I wouldn't even consider him until the 6th round.
It's not nearly that simple in this case. The girl was basically stalking him and there were some mitigating factors. He did not handle it well, but it's definitely not as simple as just beating his girlfriend.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Neither did Jonathan Stewart though, and I no one had any problems assuming he could.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:40 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Neither did Jonathan Stewart though, and I no one had any problems assuming he could.
Stewart was a 235lb bowling ball. LaMichael James is a skinny legged, scat back. There is an enormous difference.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stewart was a 235lb bowling ball. LaMichael James is a skinny legged, scat back. There is an enormous difference.
Except not really.

The whole idea of whether a runner can be successful running between the tackles has very little to do with whether that runner can power through tackles and way more do with having the patience and vision to pick your way through traffic.

We were pretty sure Stewart could, at the very least, even if he didn't show much skill running inside, blast his way for some yardage, but he literally did zero inside running at Oregon.

That said, I don't think James has an issue with vision. I'd be surprised if he's incapable of running inside.