Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-49ers, Week 13

I'm in Green Bay today, headed to the game in about an hour. Excited for the game, but not the ACME jerseys.

Green Bay is 8.5 point favorites. No Frank Gore. Should be interesting to see how Westbrook plays.

I'm fairly confident we'll win this one and next week in Detroit, which puts us in good position for the playoffs.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers post a pretty good defense and haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher all season. If we can keep Rodgers upright I don't think we'll have a problem. I'd look for a heavy dose of the run coming from the 49ers, even without Frank Gore. Stopping the short passes and screens to Westbrook and keeping Vernon Davis in check will be the key to stopping their offense.

Packers 31-14
Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously Crosby? Seriously?
Old 12-05-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Big stop there to hold them to 3. But where is the urgency on this team? They just seem to be going through the motions. These are games you have to win, not just take for granted that it should be a win.

Also, Cullen Jenkins, yeah pay the man TT.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Nice in game adjustments so far. We've started to run the ball more and throw the screen pass. Keep the defense honest.

I'm suprised that Starks has gotten the "bulk" of the carries so far but he's looked descent. He doesn't seem to get stuffed and manages positive yardage on each carry.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Poor coverage, poor tackling, 1 point game... Where's the Nick Collins of the past 2 years?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Starks had a nice debut

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pleasantly surprised by Starks. He isn't as lanky as I thought he was. He still runs a little too upright but not to the extreme that I expected. He definitely fits the mold of a starting running back better than Jackson or Kuhn who are situational or change of pace backs. We actually got some 4 yard gains on 1st and 10 instead of the usual 1 yard gain, stuffed at the line or driven back 3 yards.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
James Starks had a nice debut
You know, it's hard to judge him too much based on the 49ers playing very few people in the box all game long but I did like what he did. He runs forward and keeps moving (I saw Brandon Jackson literally stop and stand still with the ball at least three times in this game) and seems to have nice vision, nice burst, and the ability to punish some tacklers. That upright stance is going to get him murdered, though; imagine playing a team like the Steelers and the shots those linebackers would be laying on him. Ouch.

Definitely like him as our 1st and 2nd down and Jackson as our 3rd (what is it about catching the ball that suddenly transforms Jackson into a dynamic runner? He's freaking beastly catching the ball and so mediocre running it. It boggles the mind.)

Rodgers. Man. Since I made that thread lambasting him he's really turned it on. Gotta give the guy credit for coming on these forums, getting some feedback from uber wise football gurus, and then bringing his game up a notch. :p

Seriously though, he's got 1220, 11 td, 0 int, 1 rush td, about 150 rushing yards in the last 4 games. Currently riding his longest non-int streak of his career. Now on pace for approx. 4320, 32 td, 12 int, 5 rushing tds. I loved how we were terrified to go deep early in the game and then all of a sudden that offside free play and we're like "oh, wait, we're the ******* Packers. We can always go deep."

AND JENNINGS. WOW. Rodgers and him have really connected these last 4 to 6 games. They never really seemed to have as good a connection the first two seasons but man, they're completely on the same page. Also sad to see that Driver has really lost a step, I know it's not news but I've been holding out hope it was just lingering injury.. is he even top 3 on our depth chart next year? Does he retire?

Also, just want to note, how BAD was the officiating today? Just sloppy as ****. Not so much the calls but the overall way they ran the game. We had a, what, 50 yard completion they called back because they blew the whistle on defensive offsides that was definitely no where close to unabated to the QB. They thought Rodgers called a timeout at one point and we had to reset our offense and ****. Super long wait on that Kuhn TD call. It was like they forgot coffee that morning. Weak.

What else? Matthews was completely silent this game which shocked me. ZOMBO with another sack and an awesome Zorro celebration (usually hate celebrations but it was pretty funny) and Jenkins continues to be our best DLineman since getting the cast off (although I missed the Raji sack at the end of the game so don't know how good of a play he made.)

Also, Tramon shoulda had that pick earlier. Just dropped it. Dude is straight balling. And we need to figure out a way to cover TEs. The Patriots are going to put up 50+ on us if we cover their 3 TEs like we covered Vernon today.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Driver TD, wow.
Quote:
What else? Matthews was completely silent this game which shocked me. ZOMBO with another sack and an awesome Zorro celebration (usually hate celebrations but it was pretty funny)
Even if Matthews isn't getting sacks directly, he's a huge reason for other guys getting them. But yeah, it'd be nice to keep adding to his stats; he's starting to lose his hold on DPOY.

And Zombo has been doing that celebration for a while now. I hate it. I want to see the handshake from a couple years ago to make a come back.
Quote:
And we need to figure out a way to cover TEs. The Patriots are going to put up 50+ on us if we cover their 3 TEs like we covered Vernon today.
Well it certainly hurts that Chillar is done for the year.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Also, Cullen Jenkins, yeah pay the man TT.
Damn, you jinxed him.
It looked like his calf muscle or achilles snapped there at the end. That scares me. We need Big CJ77.

Maybe James Starks was worth the wait.
Even though I agree with many that these uniforms are ugly as hell, this was a sight for sore eyes.

I like the way he ran and was happy he made it that long without re-aggravating some muscle injury. I didn't want him to get too much work his first time out in 25 months.

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Change the helmets and get rid of the number circle and I'd like them a lot.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't see the Jenkins injury. ****. ****. If he's out.. ****. WHAT IS WITH THIS SEASON AND INJURIES?!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I didn't see the Jenkins injury. ****. ****. If he's out.. ****. WHAT IS WITH THIS SEASON AND INJURIES?!
It happened in the last 2 minutes of the game. He basically reaggravated his calf injury and was carted off from the sidelines.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya he could barely walk on it, not good to see. Also, I actually dug the throwback uni's. I liked the pants.

Really like what I saw from Starks. Very physical, and even when there wasn't anything there, he found a way to get positive yards. He keeps his feet moving while in a pile, to. Wonder what he'll do next week in a dome in perfect conditions
Old 12-05-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jenkins is reaching the point where he's always hurt and he just has to play that way. If physically able I'd bet he'll play. He's going to have a short career unless something changes. Too bad, he's one of our best defensive players, and it's going to be a big factor in the contract we offer him.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Jenkins is reaching the point where he's always hurt and he just has to play that way. If physically able I'd bet he'll play. He's going to have a short career unless something changes. Too bad, he's one of our best defensive players, and it's going to be a big factor in the contract we offer him.
Not sure what the injury is exactly, but if possible, they need to keep him in a hyperberic chamber, pump up the oxygen, for 13 days.
Rest him for the Lions game, try and keep him healing and fresh for the tripleheader finish against the:
-Patriots
-Giants
-Bears
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote