Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which team won't make the playoffs?
Bears 18 23.68%
Packers 17 22.37%
Eagles 6 7.89%
Giants 29 38.16%
Saints 6 7.89%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Just think of it this way. The improvement is definitely there on the field. It hasn't turned out to wins, but they could easily be 5-7 right now maybe even 6-6. They are taking the neccesary steps and will be getting a better quality player in the draft than they probably should be.
Exactly. Right now, they've got the talent to be competitive for about three quarters. They need some horses right now that can carry them into the fourth.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Exactly. Right now, they've got the talent to be competitive for about three quarters. They need some horses right now that can carry them into the fourth.
I think they'll get it too. They're likely going to get a defensive stud in the draft, and I don't think Detroit has the stigma in free agency that it used to.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears fans:

We bottled up Adrian Peterson once, and he's only had one 100 yard game.

Therefore, we needn't worry about him.

Give me a break.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Bears fans:

We bottled up Adrian Peterson once, and he's only had one 100 yard game.

Therefore, we needn't worry about him.

Give me a break.
when did i say that?

I mean why would i be afraid? I know he is a great RB, prolly the best right now and i respect him, but im confident we can keep him contained considering Hutchinson has been hurting and we have done that before. how is that not sensible?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, it just seems like every year there is a team who messes up the playoff picture. This year, I think that team is the Vikings. But u know what, it is the NFL. It proves me wrong every week. I said the Ravens and Jets would win their games this week. Man was I wrong about that. I have not been sold at all with the Bears. They are I don't know, the 9-3 team I can't put my finger around. Goes back to week 1 and Calvin Johnson's catch. Or this week when Suh was called for a bad pentaly (although the Bears woulda went ahead anyway I think.) Uhhhh, so yeah.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:51 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

too bad the Lions aren't in the NFC West...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
when did i say that?

I mean why would i be afraid? I know he is a great RB, prolly the best right now and i respect him, but im confident we can keep him contained considering Hutchinson has been hurting and we have done that before. how is that not sensible?
Yeah, I think people are misreading what we are saying. Bear's fans aren't saying Peterson isn't really talented. We are saying that based on this season, we think the Chicago defense will bottle him up, thus we are not scared that he will beat us.
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
too bad the Lions aren't in the NFC West...
Don't piss me off Shane....
Old 12-07-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Don't piss me off Shane....
I think the Lions would be competitive in the West!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I think the Lions would be competitive in the West!
I actually think they'd win it. They killed us this year with Shaun Hill. Megatron pwned are asses. There is no doubt the NFC West blows.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BUMP for epicness.

First page updated.

GREEN BAY actually looks like the favorite to be left out now...

EPIC GAMES
PHI @ NYG in W15 - Excellent chance it's for a first-round bye.
NO @ ATL in W16 - Excellent chance it's for the #1 seed.
CHI @ GB in W17 - Excellent chance it's for the final playoff spot.

Amidst everyone whining about protecting the health of the players (caring about health of FOOTBALL players is RIDICULOUS come on - what pussies), credit Goodell for the new schedule tweak (division games in the last few weeks).
Old 12-14-2010, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CHI @ GB in W17 - Excellent chance it's for the final playoff spot

actually we have cahnces to clinch the next two weeks

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

I, yodapoop, believe the in the Bears making the playoffs. I bought Jacksonville finally last week. This week I am buying the Bears.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
CHI @ GB in W17 - Excellent chance it's for the final playoff spot

actually we have cahnces to clinch the next two weeks
Yea. Given the DET game, it's not an excellent chance. But there's definitely a chance.

I don't think it's mathematically possible that you clinch this week?

You still need to make up a game on the Packers (if Rodgers is out then CHI is in great shape) or the W17 matchup will probably decide the fate of the Bears. Which basically means...

...assume GB loses to NE. They are 8-6. You beat MIN. 10-4.

You would then need GB to lose at home against the Giants OR a win at home against the Jets to clinch the division. It looks A LOT better with the Rodgers concussion and subsequent GB loss to DET, but anything is possible. If GB shocks NE OR CHI somehow loses to the reeling Vikes (unlikely, but possible), then the pressure will shift to Chicago for W16.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:13 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope. Chicago win over Vikings and any Green Bay loss clinches through tiebreakers.

The Detroit loss screwed us big time. I'd put my money on the Bears winning the North and Tampa getting the wild card.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

^Ah. Because of the division tiebreaker. I never thought it was possible for GB to lose to DET... jeez.

So GB actually needs to make up a game on CHI to set up the final week... yikes.

TB needs to make up two games on either the Giants or Eagles. They'll get a shot to complete half of that this week but then they'll pretty much need the loser to not go 2-0 down the stretch (Philly plays reeling MIN and DAL, both at home). They're a long shot.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:50 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
TB needs to make up two games on either the Giants or Eagles. They'll get a shot to complete half of that this week but then they'll pretty much need the loser to not go 2-0 down the stretch (Philly plays reeling MIN and DAL, both at home). They're a long shot.
Tampa Bay is one game back. The Eagles-Giants game will take care of that. Tampa plays Detroit, Seattle, and then a Saints team who won't have anything to play for unless they beat Atlanta the week before.
Old 12-14-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is almost certainly not true. Since the Falcons hold the tie breaker over the saints the falcons would have to lose in seattle to make the matchup even interesting. odds are that both teams will have pretty much locked up their seed by then. (and the falcons do not lose the last game at home to carolina)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Tampa Bay is one game back. The Eagles-Giants game will take care of that. Tampa plays Detroit, Seattle, and then a Saints team who won't have anything to play for unless they beat Atlanta the week before.
They are two games back of the Giants, one game behind Philly.

The Giants have a 7-2 conference record and the Bucs will finish with 3 conference losses if they win out. The next tiebreaker would be common games (not enough) and after that strength of victory (Giants easy).

In other words, besides winning out, TB needs to root hard for the Giants because if Philly wins, they'd be two games behind Philly and a game behind the Giants (both of them would own tiebreakers over TB in that event).

IF they win out and Philly goes 2-1, they would actually make it over the Eagles due to a better conference record. With that said, DET and SEA aren't horrible, especially considering the Bucs really don't blow anyone out, and this is all predicated on the Saints having nothing to play for in W17 AND deciding to rest their starters...

EDIT: Actually common games would be in TAMPA's favor over NYG IF the Giants lost to the REDSKINS in W17 and both teams had the same record.

Last edited by gpngc : 12-14-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 12-14-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
This is almost certainly not true. Since the Falcons hold the tie breaker over the saints the falcons would have to lose in seattle to make the matchup even interesting. odds are that both teams will have pretty much locked up their seed by then. (and the falcons do not lose the last game at home to carolina)
Well that sucks.

It's all because the Saints lost to Cleveland AND Arizona (common games). Had they won one of those, we'd get a treat.

Go Seahawks? Go Seahawks.
Old 12-14-2010, 03:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well that sucks.

It's all because the Saints lost to Cleveland AND Arizona (common games). Had they won one of those, we'd get a treat.

Go Seahawks? Go Seahawks.

Or cuz hartley missed a chipshot in overtime in game 1 against the falcons

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BUMP for epicness.

First page updated.

GREEN BAY actually looks like the favorite to be left out now...

EPIC GAMES
PHI @ NYG in W15 - Excellent chance it's for a first-round bye.
CHI @ GB in W17 - Excellent chance it's for the final playoff spot.

Amidst everyone whining about protecting the health of the players (caring about health of FOOTBALL players is RIDICULOUS come on - what pussies), credit Goodell for the new schedule tweak (division games in the last few weeks).
If we lose to the Eagles, Giants @ Green Bay becomes an epic game in week 16.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers are done. Stick a f**** fork in us.
Anyone who loses to a Lions team with their 3rd string QB, in December, has no right to get into the playoffs.

Playing New England, the greatest team of all time, this week, with Tom Brady hotter than ever, Belichick coaching better than ever, and AT Foxboro where Tom Brady never loses.... Packers are already officially 8-6.

I hear the Packers aren't even going to make the trip out there for a few reasons.
#1- save money on travel
#2- it will prevent 1-3 season-ending injuries
#3- it will let some of the banged up guys have more time to heal
#4- more time to prepare for the Giants and Bears
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoff scenarios hurt my head, I'd rather just let the games play out and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Using the simulator, I have the Falcons as the #1, Bears #2, Eagles #3, San Fran #4, Saints #5, and Giants #6, unless Tampa beats NO in week 17. If NO sits their starters and loses I think Tampa gets in.

This loss was terrible for the Packers. They already had a tough final 4 games and this was supposed to be the easy one. Things arn't gonna get better going against NE, NYG, and CHI.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote