Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 12-06-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mock 4.0

I have the Bengals beating Cleveland to finish 3-13. I don't see Carolina, Buffalo, or the Lions winning another game after checking their schedules. This would leave the Bengals picking 4th overall so Andrew Luck, AJ Green, & Patrick Peterson are all gone.

1. Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson 6'6'' 285 lbs. At this point in the draft you have to take the best player available. With the 2 obvious choices gone (Luck & Green) it leaves us with Bowers. This guys was the #1 rated HS player in the nation. He was dinged up in his first 2 years at Clemson but now that he is healthy he is showing his true colors. He leads the nation in sacks but plays the run extremely well. His size to speed ratio is off the charts. I really like M. Johnson and C. Dunlop but when you can get a difference maker on your D-line or O-line you have to jump at it. I would hate for us to pass on the next M. Williams, Freeney, Mathis, Tuck, or J. Allen just because we have another young player at the position. If this is the pick then I move M. Johnson to SAM and move Maualuga to MLB. Alternate pick Marcell Dareus DT Alabama

2. Mike Pouncy OG UF 6'4'' 310 lbs, Marcus Cannon OG TCU 6'6'' 350 lbs, or Gabe Carimi OT 6'7'' 325 lbs
One of these three guys will be there when we pick near the top of the 2nd round. If we get one of the two OG's then they replace Livings immediately. If we get Carimi then he is our RT of the future and Andre Smith moves to OG in place of Livins or B. Williams. The O-Line needs a major upgrade and one of these guys will fit in nicely over the next 10 years.

3. Kendrick Ellis DT Hampton 6'5'' 340 lbs. This guy could project as a NT in the 3-4 but I like him next to Atkins because Ellis would need to be double teamed. This allows Dunlop, Atkins, and Bowers to go one on one with their man. Peko needs a running mate on those running downs and Ellis fits the mold.

4. Terrence Toliver WR LSU 6'5'' 203 lbs. I love the measurables on this kid. His #'s are not great at LSU but some of that has to do with the fact that they haven't had an NFL caliber QB there during his time. His size to speed ratio is very good but his overall lack of numbers puts him in the 4th round.

5. Owen Marecic FB 6'1'' 245lbs. Entered the season atop the depth chart at both fullback and middle linebacker...saw the majority of his reps during the spring at linebacker...earned time at middle linebacker last season in goal line and short-yardage situations...three-time Pac-10 honorable mention selection as a fullback...has made huge contributions to Stanford's running game over the last three seasons as one of the best blocking fullbacks in the nation...tough, hard-nosed competitor has gained ultimate respect from his teammates and coaches due to his unmatched work ethic and attitude...quietly goes about his business without fanfare. We all know that the Bengals need a FB when we have Gresham in the backfield 1 out of 4 plays. Marecic is the best FB in this draft so we should go get him.

6. Traded for Nelson

7. James Rodgers WR/PR/KR 5'7'' 188 lbs. He could replace Quan "Fair catch inside the 10" Cosby and do a better job.

This draft and free agency period could make us a contender going into next year in my opinion. It revamps the D-Line, upgrades the O-Line, builds the WR core for the future, and allows TE's to play TE instead of FB. Let me know what you guys think. I would have us drafting a QB but there is no way in my mind that Mike Brown cuts/trades Carson Palmer so I am not wasting my time on it. I would like to see what Palmer could to with a revamped O-Line anyways.

PS. Pick up Chad's option. Tag J-Jo, Cut Geathers and Odom in hopes that that money could be used to sign J-Jo to a long term deal or to sign an O-Lineman.

Last edited by FootballGod : 12-07-2010 at 10:45 AM.
FootballGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GET OUT OF MY OF MY MIND GRAPES.

Seriously though, I do love it. I feel like Bowers would be an amazing pick for this team.

As for the 2nd pick, I think when you wrote 210 lbs for Mike Pouncey you meant 310 lol. Either way I like both guards you listed.

I like your whole draft, even the end where you drop Geathers and Odom (maybe the two least productive defensive ends in all of football right now).

The only thing I'm going to say, even though every Bengals fan will hate me for it, is that I would I take the risk and draft Cam Newton if I was in charge.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like it alot
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:48 AM    (permalink
FootballGod
Rookie

FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FootballGod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
The only thing I'm going to say, even though every Bengals fan will hate me for it, is that I would I take the risk and draft Cam Newton if I was in charge.
The Kid could be boom or bust and that scares the heck out of me. I want a QB that I can project going forward. The spread offense in college is not run in the NFL and DE's will run almost as fast as Cam in the pros. I just don't know if that running style can make it in the NFL with the size guys are these days. Look at how RB's get hurt on a yearly basis. Do you want your starting QB to have to go thru that as well. I sure don't.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballGod View Post
The Kid could be boom or bust and that scares the heck out of me. I want a QB that I can project going forward. The spread offense in college is not run in the NFL and DE's will run almost as fast as Cam in the pros. I just don't know if that running style can make it in the NFL with the size guys are these days. Look at how RB's get hurt on a yearly basis. Do you want your starting QB to have to go thru that as well. I sure don't.
Yes, injuries are a concern. But I still think he could end up being an amazing talent at QB for us and the reward does out weigh the risk in my mind.

It's not like I'll consider this draft a bust if we pass on Newton. I just think if I was in charge and he was still available to us when we're picking, then I would pull the trigger.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Yes, injuries are a concern. But I still think he could end up being an amazing talent at QB for us and the reward does out weigh the risk in my mind.

It's not like I'll consider this draft a bust if we pass on Newton. I just think if I was in charge and he was still available to us when we're picking, then I would pull the trigger.
I would say if he is falling in the draft a bit which he probably will then try and trade up to get him in the late first... early 20's
Old 12-11-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was picking 4th I would go.

1.Nick Fairley Dt
2.Jerrel Jernigan Wr
3.Marcus Cannon OG
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am still not sold on a DE in the 1st with Dunlap and M Johnson coming along. Plus we still have Odom. But if Bowers is the BPA when we pick then i am fine with it

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Firstpick
Rookie

Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.Firstpick is so money.

With the Lions and Bills winning we may stay at the 2nd or 3rd overall pick. In both cases i'll still go with A.J. Green
Firstpick is offline   Reply With Quote