Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Penalty?
Yes 17 16.50%
No 86 83.50%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty soon tackling will be unneccesary roughness. I guess that is good news for the Cardinals, their team would be the least pentalized team in the NFL. BOOM!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol that JUST happened!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is called playing football. No way a flag should be thrown.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clearly, 4 Bear fans voted in the poll. I mean I think they score any way and win the game and everything. But this was an awful call.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If that play was still going on, then no, it is not roughness. Just the NFL doing its best to protect its babies.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL only gets pissed if it looks violent and since Suh makes Cutler look like an off colored smurf it looked bad so it got flagged

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Why would I be mad? I have no rooting interest in the game. This is the best way to argue though.
It was a joke. I already made my point much earlier in the thread how it was a bad call and had little impact on the game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
If I go avoiding all the safety measures to avoid exposure, I'm not going to go and ***** about getting cancer. It's my own damn fault.
You seem to have inferred bitching about the call with this right here.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
BUSTKUNTLAWL
Veteran

BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BUSTKUNTLAWL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
If that play was still going on, then no, it is not roughness. Just the NFL doing its best to protect its babies.
Well, the NFL is clearly not doing a good in regards to Cutler then.

How about sending the Bears ONE above average starting OL?

:P
Old 12-06-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

idk, in real time and from the angles the coaches had, it really looked like he hit him with his forearm. its a judgement call and prolly shouldnt have been called but i can understand why the flag was thrown. looking at replays arent good things to determine if a judgement call was right. cause in that instant when he hit it certainly looked like he hit him totally unnecessary with the forearm to the head

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly dont think it should be. He's running outside the pocket and not going in for a slide. Had Suh hit him like that inside the pocket, by law, it would be warranted for a personal foul. But I dont believe it should be in this situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted yes just to be different.

I know people are going to start throwing words around like "wuss" and stuff when I say this, but the amount of roughness Suh used was actually unnecessary.

He didn't really do anything illegal though, so no there shouldn't have been a penalty.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a tough call for the refs though in real time. Very hard to tell as the play happened.

Suh could have easily jumped on Cutlers back and rode him to the ground having Cutler land on his throwing shoulder. I'm sure Bears fans are happier Suh tackled him with a violent push in the back.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:08 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
It was a tough call for the refs though in real time. Very hard to tell as the play happened.

Suh could have easily jumped on Cutlers back and rode him to the ground having Cutler land on his throwing shoulder. I'm sure Bears fans are happier Suh tackled him with a violent push in the back.
That's what I was about to say. The push from behind was probably the safest way to tackle him. He could have wrapped him up and landed on his legs or something with all his weight. Wouldn't have drawn a penalty, but there would be a much higher chance of injury.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In game speed it looks like Suh hit him behind his head, or at least made his head jerk. But that's not what happened, so no, it should not have been a penalty.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not entirely sure why but something tells me Suh wasn't all too concerned about whether he injured Jay Cutler or not.

At the time it did just seem like Suh had punched him in the back of the head, so I can understand why it was called the way it was on the field. The replays have shown it was a very hard push in the back, so it clearly wasn't a penalty but at the end of the day I don't think it changed the outcome of the game at all.
CameronCropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be more concerned that my QB somehow out-tooled Jay Cutler if I were a Lions fan.

Seriously, what a ***.
ChiFan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what's ironic? That shove got flagged and Heath Miller looking like he just got murdered on the football field didn't. I don't have the highlight to link to but did anyone see that hit? He was both defenseless and got SLAMMED helmet to helmet intentionally. The way his head went back I literally thought he was paralyzed at best and was really thinking he might have been killed. No idea how he got up (eventually) and walked off. There was never, at any point or angle, any question that the Ravens defender launched himself helmet first directly at Miller's helmet and AFTER the ball was past.

The NFL has officials completely confused on what is and is not a penalty. It's clear watching the games, officials have no idea what to call or if to call a penalty every time a receiver gets hit trying to catch the ball and every time a QB gets hit.

It's a ******* joke out there right now.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely not. I don't get when pushing someone to the ground became unnecessary roughness? I see OL doing it to DL all the time, I believe they call it a pancake. Is it unnecessary roughness when a running back stiff arms someone to the ground, hell why wasn't CJ called for his stiff arm, he didn't have to make a football play in that situation and fight for extra yards just like Suh I guess didn't have to make a play on Cutler.

That is the single worst call of the season in my opinion. Maybe not the most costly or the biggest impact but as far as being blatantly against the spirit of the game and completely fictionalised as far as actually being a rule, it is the single worst call.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
That is the single worst call of the season in my opinion.
Did you believe this after viewing it the first time at full speed? Because that's what the officials had to go off of. I thought it was a penalty when it happened live, but after the replays it didn't look near as bad.

We have the opportunity to view these types of plays over and over again in slow motion. Officials have to make that call with one view at full speed.

I thought the Miller no call on SNF was a **** ton worse than this one.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is absolutely unnecessary roughness. I don't know what he was thinking but that kind of thing has no place in the NFL. He should be fined and have to take an tackling etiquette course.

Nah, I'm just kidding, that was one of many ridiculously BS calls seen this season.

The championship of bull**** calls still belongs to Brandon Flowers' "Pass interference" though. I don't know what could top that.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Agreed. The Suh play looked like he whacked him, HARD, upside his head live; which is a penalty, like it or not.

The Miller play, and I wish I knew how to insert clips in posts or if there's a clip of it anywhere, was horrendous. Dude nearly got decapitated, so much fuss about it the last few weeks, and a no call. It was so, SO blatant and no call. Absolutely insane no call. Unacceptable. The REFS should be fined for not calling that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVrNoK5Ab_E

The dude actually coils up, lowers, and launches at his helmet with his own helmet AND ARMS AFTER THE BALL IS WELL PAST.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did you believe this after viewing it the first time at full speed? Because that's what the officials had to go off of. I thought it was a penalty when it happened live, but after the replays it didn't look near as bad.
I'd read about the play before watching it but I absolutely felt the same way. It was absolutely nothing like I expected it to be from reading about it and still can't see how that could be misinterpreted. For mine that play looks no different whatsoever to the play that RaiderNation has as his avatar. The only difference is the size of the guy pushing and a slightly different angle to push from but the fundamental is that it is a defensive player pushing an offensive player to the ground, perfectly legally. I just think this is a horrendous call, it's a ref not understanding the rules and arbitrarily applying them how he feels, making it worse is it isn't the first time Hochuli has done this in the past couple of seasons.

This is the play, notice, two handed shove, fundamentally the same as Suh.

Quote:
I didn't think that one was as bad as it looked to be honest. That was a case of the offensive player getting so low that it was impossible for there not to be contact to his head and that the contact was arms and neither shoulder or helmet and that further to that he appeared to be pulling up to me upon realising the catch had been dropped. Was a big impact play unfortunately but I think that was at least as much on Miller to making the contact how it was, or perhaps more that he was pushed in that direction due to the play. I wouldn't have argued if a flag was thrown there as there was contact and it looked pretty awful at full speed, but with the help of replay it really wasn't a malicious hit as much as it was unfortunate. Reminds me a lot of the play a couple of weeks back that wasn't a fine because the player was forced into the contact by a 3rd legal hit.

Worth noting that he did lead with his helmet to hit Miller in the chest sort of region from the height he went in at, right around where the ball would have been. Not sure if the league has reached the point of fining for attempts to hit players yet or if they are just treating cases on what actually happened but this could be a good test case for that.

Still back on topic... the Suh call is woeful.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No. All that is is an unnecessary display of Suh being a man-beast. It looked like a grown man just driving a child into the ground. Seriously Suh's mixture of quickness/power is absolutely unreal.

But maybe I'm biased since I love me some Suh and absolutely hate Cutler.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are we really at a point where guys are getting flagged for two-hand touch?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote