Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Penalty?
Yes 17 16.50%
No 86 83.50%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok. Sure. You guys are right.

Good job NFL, you're winning them over.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Ok. Sure. You guys are right.

Good job NFL, you're winning them over.
Ok. Sure. You're right.

Nothing should be called, ever. Wouldn't want to **** one up and get second-guessed by morons on a message board.

Oh, wait. That won't work. The first time Manning got decapitated, you'd come on here and whine about there not being a flag for it.

Last edited by Monomach : 12-08-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great ******* argument. how about you make some arguments that are not based on idiotic assumptions made just to make your arguments look cool? like arguments that actually make sense.

And im 100% that when Peyton, or Brady, or Rodgers or Rivers are hit hard after a helmet to helmet hit, career ending, or season ending, those though guys crying the hardest now will be the people who cry the most when their precious franchise player is done after a preventable tackle.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah disagreeing with you means I'm a moron. Keep telling me how smart you are, guys.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 10:30 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with Sheed when it comes to bad calls: ball. don't. lie.

Bad calls and missed calls even out over the course of a game and over the course of a season. So, really, who cares?
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah disagreeing with you means I'm a moron. Keep telling me how smart you are, guys.
how about an argument then? deflecting just makes you look like a smug and someone who cant admit he has nothing to say anymore

Old 12-08-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
how about an argument then? deflecting just makes you look like a smug and someone who cant admit he has nothing to say anymore
I have nothing else to say because I am tired of arguing and I don't think the Bears fans in this thread are interested in hearing anything they don't already agree with.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

just try to get off your high horse and try a real argument/discussion and u might learn something.

Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I work in Nuclear Engineering. I know the risks of radiation. If I go avoiding all the safety measures to avoid exposure, I'm not going to go and ***** about getting cancer. It's my own damn fault.
You mean you don't dip your balls in yellow cake for the tingly feeling?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
just try to get off your high horse and try a real argument/discussion and u might learn something.
Whatever you say, bud. We disagree and I lost interest in arguing, you're a Bears fan so you're obviously going to be more passionate about this than I am. I don't see how that makes me smug or on a high horse.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should just go ahead and start putting red jerseys on QBs.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh was fined 15K for the hit..That is ridiculous!
Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It's true: http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...n-Bears-Cutler

I'm sorry but this is ******* ridiculous. Whether you agree or disagree that it was a bad call at the time, the fine is inexcusable. This is as bad as when Tuck was fined for driving the QB into the ground when replay showed he purposefully caught himself on his hands.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

The fine is really dumb.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's true: http://www.freep.com/article/2010120...n-Bears-Cutler

I'm sorry but this is ******* ridiculous. Whether you agree or disagree that it was a bad call at the time, the fine is inexcusable. This is as bad as when Tuck was fined for driving the QB into the ground when replay showed he purposefully caught himself on his hands.
Yes, I'm now in the boat of it's ridiculous. At the time, it looked like it was worse than it is, but ok I gave the refs a pass because it wasn't a big deal at the time and wasn't a hard hit, not to mention the NFL is the one imposing these "penalties" and making the refs call them, but still it's a bad call in hindsight.

But now Suh is getting fined for it, and that's inexcusable by the NFL.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

i think the reason he got fine is because he is a ridiculous athletic monster which made the normal hit look far more brutal since he shoved him at the neck parts. still dont understand the fine

Old 12-08-2010, 02:02 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
i think the reason he got fine is because he is a ridiculous athletic monster which made the normal hit look far more brutal since he shoved him at the neck parts. still dont understand the fine
I don't think there's anything to understand. The league is overreacting to things like this. I expect they will retract it like they did the Tuck hit.

i done stole dis sig
Old 12-08-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations. You can no longer hit a QB. The only way to stop them from running is to gently, and preferably balanced between two defenders, wrap your arms around their waist, lightly pick them up, and move them out of bounds. However, if they happen to lose their balance and fall as you set them down that's a $15,000 fine and a 15 yard penalty.

I would start gameplanning bringing in a backup at QB for roughly 20-25 plays a game and just have him run. Chances are he'll get a penalty and your drive will be invincible.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even think the NFL sees these hits. Someone just tells them there was a big hit and they automatically say fine $10,000. Goodell should be fired.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
Goodell should be fired.
Not sure if serious.

It's Goodell's job to make money for the owners. That's all.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

F that fine.

Jump on his back and drive his shoulder into the ground next time.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes because no one should be able to touch Jay Cutler son....

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I fully disagree with the fine. As most of us who have been debating the judgement, none of us believed once the hit was reviewed that it was a penalty. A fine in this instance is completely out of line. I don't even know how they can justifty the fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it against the rules to hit a player in the helmet? Once a QB leaves the pocket he is treated no different then any other, supposed to.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaoww View Post
They should just go ahead and start putting red jerseys on QBs.
Yep, let the QBs stay healthy and do their jobs without going down.
Put flags on them.

Nobody likes to see 3rd string QBs out there (except Bears fans).
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote