Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-11-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With any of these new coaches coming in next season .DO we see an over haul of the offense playbook at all ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,1194427.story

Bob Stoops says it isnt true....

...never know though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty sure Lane Kiffin said he wasn't interested in the USC job when it came open last year as well.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Pretty sure Lane Kiffin said he wasn't interested in the USC job when it came open last year as well.
Yeah i never said it was true or not, however i just saw this.

Quote:
When the World contacted Stoops via text, asking him to respond to the report, he replied in a text: “Not true, whatsoever.” “I’m out recruiting as we text.”

According to the report, Stoops is negotiating with athletic director Jeremy Foley and the Gators administration, with former quarterback Kerwin Bell possibly becoming the team’s offensive coordinator.
They think he is in Gainsville....so who knows.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. He's probably just covering so his OK recruiting class doesn't get screwed up if it falls through.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah. He's probably just covering so his OK recruiting class doesn't get screwed up if it falls through.
My roommate and I are just sitting here talking about why in the **** would stoops leave?

Like i dont get things like this. He has been at OU for what? 10 years? He is one of the most successful coaches in the country at one of the most prestigious jobs in the country. He has built the program how he wants it, it has a great rep....why would he leave to start over?

Quote:
Old 12-11-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

New challenge. More money. Try the SEC. Easier recruiting.

Just a few guesses.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JHL6719
Veteran

JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JHL6719 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New challenge. More money. Try the SEC. Easier recruiting.

Just a few guesses.

Not to mention more stability conference wise. The Big-12 is always on a slippery slope.
JHL6719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure it's easier to recruit to Florida than it is Oklahoma. Oklahoma is Texas' second school, and there's more football talent in Texas than there is in Florida. Maybe there's a slight difference, but not enough to really matter.

Florida is not a better job than Oklahoma. Not saying it's worse, but it's not better. I don't particularly understand why Stoops would leave either, unless he has a bad relationship with the AD.

Conference argument makes some sense, but every conference would accept Oklahoma with open arms.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:05 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not sure it's easier to recruit to Florida than it is Oklahoma. Oklahoma is Texas' second school, and there's more football talent in Texas than there is in Florida. Maybe there's a slight difference, but not enough to really matter.

Florida is not a better job than Oklahoma. Not saying it's worse, but it's not better. I don't particularly understand why Stoops would leave either, unless he has a bad relationship with the AD.

Conference argument makes some sense, but every conference would accept Oklahoma with open arms.
If this thing goes through, ive decided that Patterson would be the perfect fit at TCU...

....still think its a long shot though.

Quote:
Old 12-11-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
My roommate and I are just sitting here talking about why in the **** would stoops leave?

Like i dont get things like this. He has been at OU for what? 10 years? He is one of the most successful coaches in the country at one of the most prestigious jobs in the country. He has built the program how he wants it, it has a great rep....why would he leave to start over?
Except for his BCS bowl record he is a good coach...
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Will Muschamp!
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:14 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******* Florida gets Muschamp. lolzz I hope they go 3-9 next year!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Wooooooooooooooooooooow.........

This is completely out of left field. Muschamp had the Texas job coming to him in a couple years at worst. This doesn't make any sense.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw on ESPN while watching the Trophy deal.It is Muchamp . So what does this do for FLorida and its spread offense ?
Old 12-11-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that's disappointing...
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yikes Florida. You're a premier coaching spot and you give it to someone with no head coaching experience at all?

I guess it worked for Jimbo Fisher.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is one of the best assistants in the country, along with a guy who is real young...... hes going to be very appealing to play for in terms of recruits wanting to play at florida. i think its a great hire and im a huge florida fan. the spread might go but that defense will always be pretty good...

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:42 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it makes plenty of sense for muschamp. he hasnt left for other jobs...... so why would he leave texas for florida? the allure of being a top coach in the SEC..... just as good fertile grounds for recruiting, and its right there with texas as a top job in the country.

Old 12-11-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, i just died a little more inside.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
this is one of the best assistants in the country, along with a guy who is real young...... hes going to be very appealing to play for in terms of recruits wanting to play at florida. i think its a great hire and im a huge florida fan. the spread might go but that defense will always be pretty good...
I could live with the spread leaving.IMO we need to re amp the offensive and try to get more passing ypg .Also not to let the NFL rip on our QB s any more.I think if Tebow did well in a pro style he would have been a top ten pick.So things are looking up .
Old 12-11-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

also key factors in this hiring is that muschamp does have a little NFL background, along with SEC roots. those, combined with him being young and fiery, along with being a great recruiter, make him a very good choice for UF

Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm sick of the spread anyhow. the more top tier teams that ditch the read option the better. there's reason the pro teams run a pro style offense, and it's so much more fun to watch anyhow. i think muschamp will do well in florida, it's not like he's not gonna have a ton of awesome recruits in his backyard or anything.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Texas should fire Mack Brown and hire Gary Patterson. Like, now.

Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

This is a risky hire. He has no head coaching experience. He obviously will be a good recruiter and should field a good D. Dan Mullen would have been the home run hire.

Pro style bores the living hell out of me but that is neither here nor there. I can't understand how anyone can find i form run, i form run, pass more exciting than malzahns or Kelly's offenses. Anyway look at Texas for what happens when teams suddenly switch back to power running. Having a running QB can mask alot of problems and leads to more wins..everything else being equal.

I do quite like BSU's pro style offense. It is sophisticated but learnable for college kids. Here is a great article on it.

http://smartfootball.com/page/2
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote