Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-12-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, although last time the source(s) I talk to were wrong (about Stoops as HC)... I hear that Holgerson as OC is very likely and there's a chance Kirby Smart makes a lateral move to UF as DC.

Last edited by sbh15 : 12-12-2010 at 12:45 PM.
sbh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
So, although last time the source(s) I talk to were wrong (about Stoops as HC)... I hear that Holgerson as OC is very likely and there's a chance Kirby Smart makes a lateral move to UF as DC.
I hope that you don't pay too much for your little group there.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There is no way Smart would leave Bama in a lateral move. I can't wrap my head around that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree, Titan.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the world would Smart leave to go to Florida? Hes got a pretty sick gig right now at Bama working with Saban and that is eventually going to get him some ca$h has a head coach somewhere.

Makes no sense to me, Muschamp seems like the type of guy who will call his own defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
There is no way Smart would leave Bama in a lateral move. I can't wrap my head around that.
Yes, this sounds like an exclusive messageboard where insiders fantasize like crazy.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"very likely" and "a chance". Neither of those are definitive phrases.

Learn to ******* read.

And for reference, Smart and Muschamp are really close friends.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Learn to ******* read.

Learn to ******* post something worth posting.

Stoops to UF? come on...

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Both UGA grads, probably knew each other there.

No word on UGA firing Richt yet? Florida job pays beaucoups more $ though, they went for the glamor candidate.

Maybe Muschamp got tired of being mentioned in the Texas media every yr. as the obvious successor to Mack Brown who has the highest paying job in college FB. Only after this yr. his hold on that lucrative job became a lot more tenuous, retaining it will be a very political matter with the omnipotent UT Board of Regents, & Big Mack is nothing if not a master politico. Another yr like this one though & Brown will be out to pasture with no AD job awarded to assuage the embarrassment. Hoping they elevate Major Applewhite soon, he deserves the bump up.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Both UGA grads, probably knew each other there.

No word on UGA firing Richt yet? Florida job pays beaucoups more $ though, they went for the glamor candidate.

Maybe Muschamp got tired of being mentioned in the Texas media every yr. as the obvious successor to Mack Brown who has the highest paying job in college FB. Only after this yr. his hold on that lucrative job became a lot more tenuous, retaining it will be a very political matter with the omnipotent UT Board of Regents, & Big Mack is nothing if not a master politico. Another yr like this one though & Brown will be out to pasture with no AD job awarded to assuage the embarrassment. Hoping they elevate Major Applewhite soon, he deserves the bump up.
If texas doesnt do it soon, i could see Muschamp stealin him.

Now that Muschamp is off to UF, i could see Smart as the the likely choice to replace Richt.

Quote:
Old 12-12-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Learn to ******* read.

Um...

Quote:
FWIW, my insider says it's going to be Petrino or Stoops... nobody knows at this point, but something IS in the works.
Quote:
Now it looks more likely to be Stoops, and he apparently skipped his evening presser. A lot of rumors, I'm not sure how many are true.
Quote:
Stoops is all but done to UF from what I can tell.
Quote:
And the source providing me this info... says Stoops will receive the largest college head coaching contract ever. And it will be over the duration of 10 years. This sounds almost too rediculous, though.

But no sarcasm on the Stoops part. He should be Florida's HC soon. If he's not by Tuesday, enter Petersen.
None of that is definitive, but it was still wrong and misleading. You did everything but say, "Bob Stoops will absolutely be the next coach of the Florida Gators." All of your "insider" info has been wrong, so you have no right to get defensive when someone questions what you have to say or propose (regardless if this ends up coming true).

Oh yeah, about the "Learn to ******* read," gem. Despite your little copout terms like "likely" and "chance," you're still bringing up scenarios where these coaching changes would happen. Those scenarios are free game to be shot down or accepted, so your nondefinitive phrases are irrelevant. It's proposal/counter proposal the second you hint towards it, so why you'd make that comment as if you not only didn't understand that was the case but thought the rest of us didn't understand the context either makes you look defensive and butthurt. We know you weren't stating fact, but we're allowed to doubt and comment on the information anyway.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Um...

None of that is definitive, but it was still wrong and misleading. You did everything but say, "Bob Stoops will absolutely be the next coach of the Florida Gators." All of your "insider" info has been wrong, so you have no right to get defensive when someone questions what you have to say or propose (regardless if this ends up coming true).

Oh yeah, about the "Learn to ******* read," gem. Despite your little copout terms like "likely" and "chance," you're still bringing up scenarios where these coaching changes would happen. Those scenarios are free game to be shot down or accepted, so your nondefinitive phrases are irrelevant. It's proposal/counter proposal the second you hint towards it, so why you'd make that comment as if you not only didn't understand that was the case but thought the rest of us didn't understand the context either makes you look defensive and butthurt. We know you weren't stating fact, but we're allowed to doubt and comment on the information anyway.
Nothing I said was directed to you. Everything you commented was fine. I was referring to JoeJoeBrown seeming to take everything that I was posting and act like someone said it was fact. I was simply giving some updates. And btw, Stoops to UF not happening? Sure, that's cool, he didn't come. But if it weren't worth posting, why would several credible sources were reporting the same **** from their sources i.e. ESPN ran an article saying Stoops to UF was happening soon.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Nothing I said was directed to you. Everything you commented was fine. I was referring to JoeJoeBrown seeming to take everything that I was posting and act like someone said it was fact. I was simply giving some updates. And btw, Stoops to UF not happening? Sure, that's cool, he didn't come. But if it weren't worth posting, why would several credible sources were reporting the same **** from their sources i.e. ESPN ran an article saying Stoops to UF was happening soon.
Because its all the same ****, people get on a UF message board and people talk about dream candidates such as Stoops and then the rumors get started.

Stoops isnt leaving OU

Quote:
Old 12-12-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, JoeJoeBrown is a bit of a smartass.

But can you blame him? You talked up and down about how Stoops was the guy they were zoning in on and practically already had, and then hours later, Will Muschamp is hired. Then ya post about how they could hire two of the biggest named coordinators in college football. Someone was bound to take a shot at ya, but at least in this case he took a shot at this forum you're getting the info from.

And I don't blame ya at all for posting what you're hearing. I did the same when the Vols were in their coaching search that ended up being Dooley. But all kinds of news outlets were reporting different things, and a lot of guys ended up being wrong. The rush to be the first with the "BREAKING NEWS!" on their websites was laughable. My advice for when you post these updates is instead of saying, "I hear that Holgerson as OC is very likely and there's a chance Kirby Smart makes a lateral move to UF as DC," say "They're targeting Holgerson as OC and Kirby Smart as DC." That rubs people better. You'll be surprised how easily manipulated people can be by just changing a few words. ;)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-12-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You are going off on me because I joked that I hope you don't pay too much for your "1337" Gator board? I never said anything else other than inferring that I think it's likely a bunch of masturbatory posting by some boosters.

I never said anything about taking everything you said as fact either. Take a chill, and just realize that your insider info is probably not that great. Boosters only have so much influence, and that's really in removing a coach, not hiring one.
Old 12-12-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

give the guy a break. multiple media outlets were reporting that stoops was gunna be the next coach. also, on espn rumors, it does say kirby smart may move to florida, so the guy is just reporting what he sees. nothing wrong with that

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
give the guy a break. multiple media outlets were reporting that stoops was gunna be the next coach. also, on espn rumors, it does say kirby smart may move to florida, so the guy is just reporting what he sees. nothing wrong with that
Did I say there was anything wrong with it? Did I tell him not to post rumors? I actually thought it was interesting/good rumor stuff. I like reading stuff like that, I mean, I'm on a freaking football messageboard.

All that I did was joke that I hope he didn't pay too much for access to rumor mongering. And then he got way over defensive about it (guessing that the board may have cost some $$$).

I love how I'm getting crap from him for joking about his elite access and now crap from you for absolutely no reason as I am very gently busting HIS balls. Lighten up fellas.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
i'm not saying it isn't effective. the pro style offense if more full proof and harder to stop even if the defense is loaded with fast guys who can tackle really well, though it is harder to perfect and your QB has to be smarter and a good passer not just a good runner, which is why the spread is so popular in college where great talent is harder to find. My whole point was the pro style system is more enjoyable, more beautiful to watch for me.
Yea fair enough. In the college game I would lean more to the one that is easier to perfect and to recruit to. I always feel, that with two teams that recruit on the same level, the spread team will be better more years. But each to his own I suppose.

I prefer to watch spread systems and I love watching an option attack(like GT) but as I said...that's just my personal opinion.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

I've read elsewhere that UF may have hired Applewhite.

My sources tell me that I honestly have no idea who Muschamp will hire.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Applewhite fleeing Mack Brown would be awesome. I still can't believe he has gotten over how Mack treated him during the Chrissy Sims fiasco.

And for UF, I think he would do great.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I read a rumor that 'Champ was bringing in the Longhorns DB Coach, who used to be the Co-Defensive Coordinator before 'Champ got there.

Also, can I get away with callin' him 'Champ? I do hope so.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Personally I don't want Applewhite, and it seems odd that Muschamp would go with a guy who's never proven himself as an offensive coordinator. I get the feeling that since he's kind of a risk, he won't risk hiring someone like Applewhite at OC. I'm not worried about his DC hire though, since Muschamp will just do the DC's job for him.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Personally I don't want Applewhite, and it seems odd that Muschamp would go with a guy who's never proven himself as an offensive coordinator. I get the feeling that since he's kind of a risk, he won't risk hiring someone like Applewhite at OC. I'm not worried about his DC hire though, since Muschamp will just do the DC's job for him.
I thought that he was pretty good at Rice and Bama as OC.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it seems odd that Muschamp would go with a guy who's never proven himself as an offensive coordinator.
He was the Rice OC the only year that Rice went to a bowl game in 2006 and the Alabama OC in 2007.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:17 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Just because he's held jobs doesn't mean he's proven. Although never was the wrong word choice. I just mean I find it hard to believe his first choice is someone like Applewhite when he's going to be scrutinized for losses more than a really big name coach.