Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-12-2010, 09:31 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Just because he's held jobs doesn't mean he's proven. Although never was the wrong word choice. I just mean I find it hard to believe his first choice is someone like Applewhite when he's going to be scrutinized for losses more than a really big name coach.
Agree that he is going to be under serious scrutiny since Muschamp is the one that has absolutely ZERO experience at his new position level.

The problem might be also that an inexperienced Muschamp might not want a very experienced/seasoned OC that could potentially rival his authority.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I read a rumor that 'Champ was bringing in the Longhorns DB Coach, who used to be the Co-Defensive Coordinator before 'Champ got there.

Also, can I get away with callin' him 'Champ? I do hope so.
Champ is catchy, i think itll fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Last edited by SickwithIt1010 : 12-12-2010 at 09:59 PM.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...is Muschamp allowed to recruit for Florida right now? or is he not allowed to do that until after the Bowl Game since Meyer will be the HC for that game? How does this work?

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
So...is Muschamp allowed to recruit for Florida right now? or is he not allowed to do that until after the Bowl Game since Meyer will be the HC for that game? How does this work?
That's a good question. It's an odd situation. I guess when he signs the contract, no?
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Muschamp is allowed to recruit up to the dead period, he's actively talking to our commits. Although maybe there's some sort of accepted loophole where he's doing it as Texas' DC for his position as UF HC.

Also, Louchiez Purifoy has been talked to. He said he's still committed and Muschamp told him that he'd (Muschamp) be his own defensive coordinator. This makes me wonder if he's saving money so UF can put a massive offer up for an offensive coordinator.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel that Applewhite will be the next OC at Texas. He is already an assistant head coach and the running back coach, seems like a natural progression of things and Mack Brown would be able to promote within.

I question the hire of Muschamp. While he has proven to be a great defensive coordinator I don't think that's what Florida needed. The last time they hired a defensive minded head coach was Ron Zook and you see how that went. I felt that they should have gone in the direction of hiring someone with previous head coaching experience and if not that then at least hire someone with a background in the spread option offense. Gus Malzahn would have been a better first year head coach because of his familiarity with the type of offensive scheme Meyer's runs and it would be a seemless transition over in that aspect.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disagree on Malzahn being > head coaching candidate than 'champ.

Champ has wayyyyy more experience in the SEC and big boy football than Gus.

Champ has wayyyy more recruiting experience.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Dagagad
Rookie

Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.Dagagad could make a wolverine purr.

Gus Malzahn is a fantastic offensive co-ordinator. Muschamp is a fantastic defensive co-ordinator and recruiter. I'm not sure if either will be great head coaches. Half the battle of being a good head coach is hiring good assistants and letting them have rein on their side of the ball. Muschamp's hire at OC will be telling.
Dagagad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagagad View Post
Gus Malzahn is a fantastic offensive co-ordinator. Muschamp is a fantastic defensive co-ordinator and recruiter. I'm not sure if either will be great head coaches. Half the battle of being a good head coach is hiring good assistants and letting them have rein on their side of the ball. Muschamp's hire at OC will be telling.
Agree with both you and BullGator. Muschamp has been around the SEC block at least. Malzahn is an offensive whiz, but is brand spanking new.

And it's always scary breaking in a new HC at an elite program. Lots of pressure, which doesn't make for much leeway in rookie mistakes.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stoops is never gonna leave OU, and he tells people this every season but everyone starts a rumor because they want him but it never will happen. He's got one of the best jobs in the country already, anyplace else would just be a lateral move and OU can match the pay any other school can. Florida is nice but the path to an SEC championship is twice as hard as just you vs Texas for what is typically the BCS qualifier game.

Recruiting base is plentiful, always gets the top classes, he's not going to upgrade by going anywhere else and I'm not sure why people still consider it to happen. Now watch Jerry Jones try to interview him for the Cowboy job still.

I really don't want to lose Applewhite though, I wanted Will Muschamp to be our HC but knew he wouldn't wait around so I guess I don't understand the whole "coach in waiting" thing. If your not going to put a cap on it, amount of years to wait, a clause to not sign with another team, what's the point? Because it sounds nice?

I guess if you want to do it, there should be more structure to it then just a title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've read elsewhere that UF may have hired Applewhite.

My sources tell me that I honestly have no idea who Muschamp will hire.
Stop ******* say 'my sources'. It's really annoying. Start saying 'my other message board I read'.

My sources tell me. smh.

John Stossel of Florida football over here.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Stop ******* say 'my sources'. It's really annoying. Start saying 'my other message board I read'.

My sources tell me. smh.

Careful, you might hurt his feewings.
Old 12-13-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ Hollywood. Totally agree.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
Old 12-13-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

My sources tell me. smh.

That was a joke. Please **** off.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

My bad, sbh.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
That was a joke. Please **** off.
Let's be real here man, everyone knows you werent joking around when you said that...you think you have reliable sources, and they just didn't pan out this time...happens to everyone.

Don't get so butt hurt

Quote:
Old 12-13-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You've talked about your sources in a lot of posts. You must joke a lot.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

I'm not butt hurt. Whatever you want to call the information I posted was wrong. I curse habitually, don't think I'm pissed because I'm cussing.

Anywho, several sources are reporting UF officially offered Smart the job and a few (less reputable) are reporting that he's accepted the job.
http://editorsdesk.blogs.gatorsports...ng-to-florida/
Old 12-13-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Well, obviously we have a New Head Coach in Gainesville. He's coming into your colleges. He's snatching your coaches up. Trying to hire them, so ya'll need to hide your best recruiters. Hide your DCs. Hide your OCs. Cause they raping everyschool out here.

:)

Old 12-13-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Let's be real here man, everyone knows you werent joking around when you said that...you think you have reliable sources, and they just didn't pan out this time...happens to everyone.

Don't get so butt hurt
He was probably only joking when he said
Quote:
My sources tell me that I honestly have no idea who Muschamp will hire.
Stoops to Florida rumors had me constantly laughing. There was no reason for Stoops to leave at all for Florida.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A list of first year coaches in the SEC and how they have fared. Outside of Mark Richt and Dan Mullen there isn't much success. Doesn't bode well for Florida.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...hes-in-the-sec

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Stoops to Florida rumors had me constantly laughing. There was no reason for Stoops to leave at all for Florida.
More talented recruit base?

(yea, I went there)
Old 12-13-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
More talented recruit base?

(yea, I went there)
Texas is a pretty awlsum recruiting base.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
A list of first year coaches in the SEC and how they have fared. Outside of Mark Richt and Dan Mullen there isn't much success. Doesn't bode well for Florida.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/i...hes-in-the-sec
Man we are so fawked.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

coordinators are supposed to be announced when muschamp is officially introduced as UF coach