Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-14-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dana Holgorsen To WVU as OC; HC in 2012

will be the oc in 2011, having full say over offfensive coaches; rumored to be bringing in 3 new guys

will be hc in 2012; likely will keep the defensive staff intact

http://wvgazette.com/latest/201012140659

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is such great news. I heard Shannon Dawson OC of SF Austin and Bill Bedenbaugh from Arizona are 2 of the rumored coaches he's looking to bring. Great they all have ties to Texas maybe we could build a small pipeline down the line which would be amazing like 1 or 2 players a year.

Makes me giddy for Wide Reciever prospects, who wouldn't wanna play for Holgerson? Helped Crabtree, Dez, Blackmon...I'm so happy, I better not get crushed.

I also like that Stewart decided to stay the last year. It will help maintain our current class and I know the players really respect him.

Way to go Luck.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao

Last edited by 703SKINS202 : 12-14-2010 at 04:11 PM.
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Pitt can't be happy with this.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Well, Pitt can't be happy with this.
wvu has been speaking with him since oct; luck (our ad and andrews dad) has known hoglerson for a couple years (both lived in houston)

the pitt coaching search is just a debacle

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
This is such great news. I heard Shannon Dawson OC of SF Austin and Bill Bedenbaugh from Arizona are 2 of the rumored coaches he's looking to bring. Great they all have ties to Texas maybe we could build a small pipeline down the line which would be amazing like 1 or 2 players a year.

Makes me giddy for Wide Reciever prospects, who wouldn't wanna play for Holgerson? Helped Crabtree, Dez, Blackmon...I'm so happy, I better not get crushed.

I also like that Stewart decided to stay the last year. It will help maintain our current class and I know the players really respect him.

Way to go Luck.
yea, i heard betty and galloway will be the only O coaches retained; i guess he really like casteel and co. and will interview them after next season (doesnt have control on defense staff this year)

geno has a real shot at going to NY for the heisman next year; threw 23 tds to 6 int as a 1st year starter, and with holgy's o, he should build on that

tavon will be a household name

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
yea, i heard betty and galloway will be the only O coaches retained; i guess he really like casteel and co. and will interview them after next season (doesnt have control on defense staff this year)

geno has a real shot at going to NY for the heisman next year; threw 23 tds to 6 int as a 1st year starter, and with holgy's o, he should build on that

tavon will be a household name
Tavon has a lot of Desean Jackson in him, I agree he will become a household name. I think it would be wise to keep Casteel.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news, especially about keeping the defensive staff intact. Very excited!
Old 12-14-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what Stewart's take is on all these as well. Agreeing to stay on as a one year lame duck? Is his goal to win the Big East next year and create some sort of controversy?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love the hire by WVU. Pitt should have been more aggressive in recruiting him as their HC.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I wonder what Stewart's take is on all these as well. Agreeing to stay on as a one year lame duck? Is his goal to win the Big East next year and create some sort of controversy?
He's not happy about it apparently.

Quote:
CFT can also confirm that the parameters of a deal are in place with Holgorsen, and that Stewart is indeed “very pissed off” as to how this went down — i.e. the involvement of boosters and months-long back-room dealings — and, as of this morning, was resisting having a coach-in-waiting foisted upon him.
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports...-mountaineers/

I actually feel bad for him, he's pretty much being thrown out the door. He cares more about WVU more then any other coach we can hire and is a good guy. But at the end of the day his teams just underachieve too much. It's unbelievable this team lost two Big East games this year.

It's always a risk when you hire someone with no HC experience but I love the hire and fit, our offense should be rolling next year.
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:19 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nordenberg is ruining this search for Pitt. Apparently (I am making an educated assumption) money is a HUGE issue with him. Wannstedt gave hima "hometown discount" and he hopes that the new hire will require similar compensation. AD Steve Pederson loved Holgorsen but Nordenberg dismissed the possibility after hearing of Holgorsen's "around $2 Million" contract demands.

Wannstedt makes more than ONLY SEVEN other AQ Head Coaches.

NC State - Tom O'Brien
Baylor - Art Briles
West Virginia - Bill Stewart
Indiana - Bill Lynch
Minnesota - Tim Brewster
Purdue - Danny Hope
Washington State - Paul Wulff

It's truly a sad state of affairs that the AD can't do his job because the University Chancellor is very meddling and must give his stamp of approval.

The ltest names being rumbled in the Burgh are Miami (OH)'s Mike Haywood, Tulsa's Todd Graham and Maryland OC James Franklin.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
The ltest names being rumbled in the Burgh are Miami (OH)'s Mike Haywood, Tulsa's Todd Graham and Maryland OC James Franklin.
Can somebody tell me why James Franklin is getting so much hype? Over the past few seasons, I have never been impressed with Maryland's offense. What about him makes people think he'll be a really good coach?
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
I actually feel bad for him, he's pretty much being thrown out the door.
He's a ******* awful coach. He should be thrown out the door.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Veteran

6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908 6270410908

Franklin is headed to Vandy now. So he won't be going to the Burgh...
6270410908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
He's a ******* awful coach. He should be thrown out the door.
luck didnt like the hire when he was on our BOG

and haywood to pitt

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple quotes from our AD, Luck.
Quote:
"I didn't believe we had an opportunity to win a national championship with the direction of the program," Luck said. "At the end of the day, results matter. And we weren't getting the results.

"Bill Stewart's the head coach," Luck said. "There's no question about that. Dana Holgorsen's the offensive coordinator, just like Jeff Mullen was this past season."

"I see a rapidly improving Big East," Luck said. "The addition of TCU is going to raise the bar for all of us in the Big East and we need to respond to that and prepare ourselves. Because I believe eventually the road to the Big East championship will go through Fort Worth and we need to be prepared to go ahead and beat a team like TCU on the road, claim a Big East championship and get to national championship consideration."

Luck's biggest fear was that Holgorsen, whose name had cropped up for several coaching vacancies, could end up somewhere else, including with a WVU opponent.
"I wouldn't want to prepare against his offense," Luck said. "I wanted him to be at this university to lead us in the long term. He is, I think, one of the outstanding l coaches in college football today and I wanted him at WVU because I do think he can lead us to a national championship."
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5927121

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talk about throwing your head coach under the bus. That is having ZERO faith in Stewart and it surprises me that he is staying on another year as the head guy in WVU. That has to be the ultimate slap in the face for him or any coach.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:51 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stewart always reminded me of Larry Coker for what it's worth. Nice guys who underachieved as head coaches. I know Coker was in the BCS national championship twice but that was largely because Butch Davis left the cupboard so stocked that it was impossible not to win with that talent. Once the well dried up we saw Coker's real self.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Talk about throwing your head coach under the bus. That is having ZERO faith in Stewart and it surprises me that he is staying on another year as the head guy in WVU. That has to be the ultimate slap in the face for him or any coach.
It may be said, but I doubt there are many who follow the Mountaineer program that would disagree with much of what Luck said. Stewart seems like a nice guy and has done some good things here, but when you consider the resources he's working with, he's underachieved for three years running, especially this year in a Big East conference that was just ripe for the picking.