Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15 - Detroit (+6) at Tampa Bay

Discuss the game and make a prediction.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:28 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unfortunately gerald mccoy tore his right biceps and is on IR so we won't be able to watch suh vs mccoy. thankfully that means its all suh all day. i'm not sure if our offense knows how to beat a cover 2, but hopefully they learn from their mistakes against the bears and we pull off the victory.

24-16

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bucs are 27th against the run so hopefully we can have another good running day like last week with our RB by committe/Stanton doing what he does best running the football.

Bucs interior Oline is banged up too with Faine,Joseph both out. Suh and Corey should have good days.

Run the ball, stop the run and don't commit stupid penalties and we have a shot in this game. Hopefully Stanton plays like he did against the Bears and not like last week.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...hrowing_h.html

Good news Hill may play.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Bucs are a great team, but they have been finding ways to win. We should be able to keep this game close. Five of Tampa's wins have come by 3 points or 1 point. I'm thinking this is going to be another close game, and the team that plays better in the 4th quarter should win.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

I honestly don't think itís good news Hill might play. I wasn't in favor of him playing with the broken arm and now add relearning to throw without his right index finger = disaster waiting to happen. I say Stanton should get the nod for the rest of the year. I think we have seen the best we get with Hill and Stanton needs to get some reps to see if he needs replaced next year.

I havenít seen the games heís played in yet but from what I have read it sounds like he had a decent game against the Bears and put together a drive when it counted against the Packers. I would like to sit Stafford out the rest of year to make sure he has time to heal. I say we start looking at what we got on our roster now starting with the QB position. If Stanton finishes out the year and doesnít improve he gets replaced during the offseason.

I would also like to see what we got in Fox and Gandy. Backus is having a great year and what better time to shop him then now (as in the offseason) for a draft pick? He needs replaced letís see if Fox is it or what we need to do in FA/draft. I would also like to see how the run game goes with Gandy at center. Raiola just doesnít have the push.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BcLion View Post
I honestly don't think itís good news Hill might play. I wasn't in favor of him playing with the broken arm and now add relearning to throw without his right index finger = disaster waiting to happen. I say Stanton should get the nod for the rest of the year. I think we have seen the best we get with Hill and Stanton needs to get some reps to see if he needs replaced next year.
Stanton has looked horrendous in both games in my opinion. The Packers took away the short pass and Stanton couldn't do anything all game(not even gonna mention Drews TERRIBLE decision making). Our run game (which I'll admit Stanton helps) was the only thing that kept us in the Packer game and if its not for CJ's amazing YAC ability the Bears game wouldn't have been close.

Don't get me wrong, Stanton has performed well for being a third string quarterback and he does add another element to our running game but if Hill can throw the ball he absolutely gives us the best chance to win.

By the way, when was the last time a NFL team had three different quarterbacks win a game in the same year? (My guess would be the Eagles in the early 2000's)
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like this match-up, I really do.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:35 AM    (permalink
BcLion
Rookie

BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.BcLion could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkenLament View Post
Stanton has looked horrendous in both games in my opinion. The Packers took away the short pass and Stanton couldn't do anything all game(not even gonna mention Drews TERRIBLE decision making). Our run game (which I'll admit Stanton helps) was the only thing that kept us in the Packer game and if its not for CJ's amazing YAC ability the Bears game wouldn't have been close.

Don't get me wrong, Stanton has performed well for being a third string quarterback and he does add another element to our running game but if Hill can throw the ball he absolutely gives us the best chance to win.

By the way, when was the last time a NFL team had three different quarterbacks win a game in the same year? (My guess would be the Eagles in the early 2000's)
Well like I said I haven't watched the games yet. But to the topic of his future better to find out now if he's worth keeping around. I can't say I like our chances at all if Hill with a broken arm/finger gives us the best chance to win.
BcLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I completely forgot about Jason Fox.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would complain about the two blatantly obvious holds on that LaGarrette Blount touchdown run. However, I doubt that either Julian Peterson or Chris Houston (the guys who were held) would've made the tackle anyways.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sweet victory. nice catch by calvin.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Next week we play the Dolphins (1-5 at home) in Miami and then we finish with the Vikings (1-5 on the road) at home. It's not out of the realm of possibility that we finish the season 6-10 with four straight victories.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank you!!!!!

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

This win is just so much more satisfying after listening to that Bucs fan troll in the gameday thread.
Old 12-19-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
This win is just so much more satisfying after listening to that Bucs fan troll in the gameday thread.
it is, they're quite a cocky bunch. glad they got beat by a 3rd string QB in their house.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Old 12-20-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This win is awesome and will hopefully propel us for next week seeing as how Miami just lost. Bobby Carpenter looked good today imo, making some solid tackles and had a pass defended
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 02:23 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Was wondering when somebody would make a gift out of that.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
SRogers92
Rookie

SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SRogers92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love me some Schwartz.
SRogers92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got an apology from the NFL and an admittance that a touchdown catch by Kellen Winslow should have counted and Winslow should not have been penalized for a push-off on a play. "

well that sucks
Old 12-22-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
"The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got an apology from the NFL and an admittance that a touchdown catch by Kellen Winslow should have counted and Winslow should not have been penalized for a push-off on a play. "

well that sucks
Don't care. Lions have been hammered with bad calls all year. Winslow initiated contact and then pushed off to make the catch.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree IMO that was the right call anyway but considering we've had games take from us from officiating this is the last board to come onto and try to post that stuff
Old 12-23-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Did you guys know that the Buccaneers have had injuries?