I believe that we will be picking #2 overall and that Carolina will end up with the top pick. I don't care that they have Claussen. Andrew Luck will be a franchise QB. The Panther's message board confirms that they want Luck so I don't have him on the board when we pick at #2.
1. AJ Green WR Georgia 6'4'' 208 lbs. AJ Green and Andrew Luck are the only elite can't miss talents in this draft. You have to take the BPA especially if they are elite. I don't think that WR is a huge problem or need on this team but TO will be gone and Chad is going to be 33 next year. You have to get elite talent if it is available to you so that is where I went with this pick. Green might have the best hands I have ever seen at the college level. He is a flat out difference maker.
2. Marcus Cannon OG TCU 6'6'' 350 lbs. Marcus Cannon is an absolute beast. We need a mauler like him in the AFC North to take on those huge DT's. I think that he is the best pure OG in the draft and he fills a huge hole at LG.
3. Duenta Williams Safety UNC 6'2'' 215 lbs. William might have been a late first or early second round pick if he wasn't suspended from North Carolina. He makes plays all over the field. When was the last time Crocker or Ndukewe made a play on the ball? Never! This is a huge leak in our defense that will be plugged by Williams and Nelson going forward.
4. John Clay RB Wisconsin 6'1'' 248 lbs. Clay will not remind you of Barry Sander or Reggie Bush but he will show you some Brandon Jacobs and Frank Gore. I really like the idea of Clay and B. Scott. I am not interested in bringing Benson back next year. He has fumbling problems and has not shown a burst at all this year.
5. Alex Henery K Nebraska 6'1'' 177 lbs. This guy has 60 yard range and always gets his kickoffs into the endzone. I am sick of seeing the other team catch the ball on the 5 or 10 yard line while running full speed ahead to the 30 on kickoffs. Nugent's career might be over with since he has had several injuries to his kicking leg.
6. Traded for Nelson
7. James Rodgers WR/PR/KR Oregon St. 5'7'' 188 lbs He could replace Quan "Fair catch inside the 10" Cosby and do a better job.
We would need to cut Geathers to free up some money, Tag J-Jo, sign an OLB so Maualuga can move to MLB, and pick up Chad's option. We have to let MJ grow at DE along with Dunlop. Atkins will see more time at DT along with Sims. We don't have enough draft picks to fill all of our holes. Let me know what you think.