Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the **** was that? Are you ****ing kidding me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
great effort is overshadowed by that horrendous clock management there. WTF was that on 4th and 1
20 seconds of complete dumbassery
Old 12-19-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said at the time, there was NO REASON for us to call that first timeout.
I knew we'd need that.....
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't good for McCarthy. He is now 2-14 in close games in his career. His teams just consistently cannot find a way to win games at the end. That's not a good thing to see. I really wonder if the Pack can do anything with him as head coach. They seem to ALWAYS lose these close games. Always
Old 12-19-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
Can someone explain to me why the announcers are blaming the end of Flynn? Isn't it the HC and OC's job to make sure they have a play for him? How is it his fault that they couldn't get him the playcall in time?
You can't stand around for 20 seconds wondering what to do. You either have to get the 1st or throw a TD. Got to know the situation. At least he didn't spike it on 4th and 1 :/
Old 12-19-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
As I said at the time, there was NO REASON for us to call that first timeout.
I knew we'd need that.....
It saved us 40 seconds of the clock and then the Patriots ended up throwing two incomplete passes. That was a good spot for a timeout. We don't call a timeout there they run it on second down and possibly third. We're left with 2:34 and 3 timeouts. Much better off with that extra time than the timeout.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
You can't stand around for 20 seconds wondering what to do. You either have to get the 1st or throw a TD. Got to know the situation. At least he didn't spike it on 4th and 1 :/
The coaches know he has zero experience they should be prepared with a play..is he supposed to make up a play on the spot? Maybe Rogers improvs a playcall but I don't see why the onus isn't on the coaching staff to get him a play in a timely manner.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Can someone explain to me why the announcers are blaming the end of Flynn? Isn't it the HC and OC's job to make sure they have a play for him? How is it his fault that they couldn't get him the playcall in time?
Wasn't expecting a win but to lose that way is heartbreaking. Pats gave the packers plenty of chances to win this g

Since MM calls the plays that's on him but he did call a great game tonight.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game was bullschit.
We dominated the game, like the Bears game.

But because of -7 on special teams, and some stupid little things... comes back to haunt us.

Yet another 3 or 4 point loss for us.
Sixth one of the year.

But I'd rather have the Vikings win tomorrow night than us have won tonight.
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why must we constantly be tortured like this? I can hardly stand to watch the Packers anymore. My hopes go up an up an up then suddenly everything comes crashing down as I sit and wonder what the **** just happened.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The coaches know he has zero experience they should be prepared with a play..is he supposed to make up a play on the spot? Maybe Rogers improvs a playcall but I don't see why the onus isn't on the coaching staff to get him a play in a timely manner.
They couldn't huddle so that point is moot. He's been in the league for 3 years and you know they practice the 2 minute drill daily. Flynn looked like he was asking the offensive lineman what to do.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It saved us 40 seconds of the clock and then the Patriots ended up throwing two incomplete passes. That was a good spot for a timeout. We don't call a timeout there they run it on second down and possibly third. We're left with 2:34 and 3 timeouts. Much better off with that extra time than the timeout.
No I meant when we had the ball after that.
So our 2nd timeout actually... but first one on that drive.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Why must we constantly be tortured like this? I can hardly stand to watch the Packers anymore. My hopes go up an up an up then suddenly everything comes crashing down as I sit and wonder what the **** just happened.
Same here.... I had no hopes that we could win this game..... especially when Woodson cost us 7-14 points dropping the gift-wrapped Int early.
And the pathetic KR by the slow offensive lineman.

But I actually for a monent late thought that we might actually score a TD to win it.... shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This lost goes to the defense. When it mattered, they let the team down. No excuses, they knew extra pressure was added on to them once the game started and Rodgers wasn't the starting qb.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup. Getting harder and harder to defend Mike McCarthy. He gets a lot out of the players we have. But, ya can't overlook what happens in close games anymore. It has to fall to the coach.

I gotta hand it to the Pack. I went into this game with the lowest possible expectations. I swore I wouldn't get upset over a loss. Well, here I am.

Flynn....did well. I think he's gonna be overrated by some. It's not like a lot was asked out of him. A lot of short yardage stuff and John Kuhn was his best bud today. But, if nothing else, maybe this game will allow the Pack to flip him for an early draft pick a la Charlie Whitehurst or Matt Schaub. Maybe he'll be the PTNL in the Greinke trade. :)

BJ Raji.

Can't decide what was more frustrating; the kickoff return by a lineman or the INT return where he made a point to touch every potential tackler and still score. Either way, I'm not convinced Brady and the Pats don't score on the 2 minute drill before the half regardless of where they got the ball. And, the INT deep in our own territory was likely 7 for them regadless of if our WRs knew how to tackle or not.

Andrew Quarles needs to learn how to ******* catch.

And, finally, congrats on Matt Flynn for tying the Packer's rookie record for most TD passes in a game. Despite the notable handicap of NOT BEING A GOD DAMN ROOKIE! Seriously NBC, If nothing else, they've always been prepared for games. They always brought fun facts and insight that a normal crew wouldn't have. But, every week, it's some inexcusable error. And, I'm gonna say this. Take it for what it's worth...but, these kind of errors happened much less when Madden was doin' the games.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the end, it was a valiant effort when the odds were stacked against them. On the other hand, it's another lcose game the packers had a chance to win but failed to do so

I really don't have much faith in McCarthy being the coach who can bring a title back to GB. His teams just cannot win the close games....every single time

That 4th and 1 was horrendous. Wasting a good 20 seconds not knowing what to do. Pathetic

I'm pissed, but I'll get over it since I chalked this up as a loss anyway. The Packers have 2 HOME games to finish this out. If they can't take care of business at home, they don't belong in the playoffs
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
They couldn't huddle so that point is moot. He's been in the league for 3 years and you know they practice the 2 minute drill daily. Flynn looked like he was asking the offensive lineman what to do.
He looked like he was waving to the sidelines asking for the play...
Old 12-19-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm pissed at the special teams, Slocum needs to be fired tomorrow. MM, being the head coach, has to deal with the nagging problems that the special teams keep creating.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Since MM calls the plays that's on him but he did call a great game tonight.
Complete agree, although I bet no one else here will. He had a few bad calls, but otherwise it might have been his best game of the year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
But I'd rather have the Vikings win tomorrow night than us have won tonight.
Really it might not be so bad if the Bears win. Yeah they'll lock up the division, which sucks, but they'll also have nothing to play for when we face them week 17, giving us an easier path to the wildcard.
Quote:
4th and 1 with 20 seconds and no timeouts is a tough situation for an inexperienced QB. Can't spike it, can't sneak it, can't call a timeout. I'm going to give him a bit of a pass on that. Overall great game from him.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the team is getting tired as the season goes on and the injuries continue to pile. There isn't any position, other than WR, where we have the needed depth to make a playoff run. If the Packers actually get into the Playoffs, I could easily see them getting eliminated the first game
Old 12-19-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

Quote:
Complete agree, although I bet no one else here will. He had a few bad calls, but otherwise it might have been his best game of the year.

Really it might not be so bad if the Bears win. Yeah they'll lock up the division, which sucks, but they'll also have nothing to play for when we face them week 17, giving us an easier path to the wildcard.

4th and 1 with 20 seconds and no timeouts is a tough situation for an inexperienced QB. Can't spike it, can't sneak it, can't call a timeout. I'm going to give him a bit of a pass on that. Overall great game from him.
Yeah thats what I'm trying to say..yea Rogers probably handles it better but the coaches HAVE to be prepared and be able to get a play to him right there.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
the team is getting tired as the season goes on and the injuries continue to pile. There isn't any position, other than WR, where we have the needed depth to make a playoff run. If the Packers actually get into the Playoffs, I could easily see them getting eliminated the first game
I also know we can beat any team in the NFC, and after this game maybe the NFL. If we can get in I think we can go somewhere. Even with the injuries we have a really good team. Fans are way too down on the Packers. I know it's been a couple of tough losses in a row (again), but it's not time to throw in the towel.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
This lost goes to the defense. When it mattered, they let the team down. No excuses, they knew extra pressure was added on to them once the game started and Rodgers wasn't the starting qb.
Special teams fail all the way. The defense didn't throw a pick 6 nor let a 300 lbs offensive lineman nearly run back a kickoff for a TD. They were put in a tough position. Also that inability to get a TD on the 1 yard line was huge but that special teams blunder took the momentum away.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

I really don't get why some people want MM out. WTF? Who do you want him to do?

He was going into a game vs the Pats on the road with a backup qb with the MVP in waiting on the other side of the field. It went down the final play and yes they lose but jesus, lets give credit to MM for preparing Matt Flynn this week to give the Packers a fighting chance.

What coach do people want here? Cowher? gruden? Capers? Some no-name coordinator? Josh McDaniel was great.....for 6 games. MM is 45-31, what more do people want?

MM has built this offense and with the help of capers the defense is 100% better then when mike sherman was here.

The Packers are still young and they have to grow up. Is MM a fantastic coach? Probably not but more often then not he'll put this team in position to win and tonight, with all the cards stacked against him, had his team fighting vs. the likely Super Bowl fav from the AFC.

My only grip is he needs to take more of stance with his other coaches, slocum needs to be gone. It may be Christmas but I'm sorry, when any off us under perform at work, we'd get canned. Special teams has hurt the Packers for years and it needs to stop.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:56 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I also know we can beat any team in the NFC, and after this game maybe the NFL. If we can get in I think we can go somewhere. Even with the injuries we have a really good team. Fans are way too down on the Packers. I know it's been a couple of tough losses in a row (again), but it's not time to throw in the towel.
Agreed. There was a lot of pessimism in this thread tonight considering it was a very close loss to the best team in the NFL with a first time starter. Obviously, I'm frustrated with the game's end and was screaming at the TV as I watched it, but all things considered, we played a very impressive game.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote