Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-21-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 16 - Detroit (+3.5) at Miami

Discuss the game and make a prediction.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dolphins are 1-6 at home. The Lions are 1-6 on the road. Something's got to give.

Lions 27, Dolphins 23.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions win and continue the late-season momentum.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everything in life and sports is mental. we have an edge right now over the dolphins. we are hopeful, and they are disappointed and uncertain what the future holds. I think we can score more points than them and I'm not scared of their QB coming from behind to beat us.

23-13 Lions

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna give you all the edge in this one. For some reason we dont play with alot of energy or fire at home but we do on the road. Our interior OL is struggling so I expect Suh will tear the OL a new one. Henne is a robot who is afraid to take shots down the field and is always due to a turnover. Our running game is a mess and we couldnt run on the worst run defense in the NFL. The real factor is our defense. If your offense can find a way to take over the game, you guys will win. I expect this to be a low scoring, boring kinda game.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to try and go to the game.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What Prowler said is what I was kind of thinking, we just won two in a row, one on the road, and the Dolphins just lost so I think we get the edge

Lions 17 Dolphins 10
eeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are lot of MSU and UofM alums in this game. I want to see Henne vs. Stanton but I'm not sure if Stanton's shoulder is going to let him start. I really like the Logan-Morris-Best running attack that Linehan is featuring. Logan got cut by Parcells and the Dolphins because they said he was too small so if he has a huge game remember that little bit of info.

Edit - Suh, Corey Williams, and Sammie Lee Hill are playing insane football right now. Corey Williams is a stud. The Dolphin's interior offensive lineman are pretty crappy so hopefully Suh can get some sacks. He's gone a couple games now without one but the attention given to him has allowed the defensive ends to dominate. Avril and Lawrence Jackson have been really good. Lawrence Jackson is playing like a first round pick. Can't believe Carroll gave him to us.

Edit - Forgot about Bobby Carpenter. He made a great pass break up on Mike Williams in the first quarter and played a solid game at linebacker. He was a first round pick for a reason and a 43 OLB drafted to play in the 34. Lets see if he can put two more solid games together.

Last edited by Scotty D : 12-21-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
There are lot of MSU and UofM alums in this game. I want to see Henne vs. Stanton but I'm not sure if Stanton's shoulder is going to let him start. I really like the Logan-Morris-Best running attack that Linehan is featuring. Logan got cut by Parcells and the Dolphins because they said he was too small so if he has a huge game remember that little bit of info.

Edit - Suh, Corey Williams, and Sammie Lee Hill are playing insane football right now. Corey Williams is a stud. The Dolphin's interior offensive lineman are pretty crappy so hopefully Suh can get some sacks. He's gone a couple games now without one but the attention given to him has allowed the defensive ends to dominate. Avril and Lawrence Jackson have been really good. Lawrence Jackson is playing like a first round pick. Can't believe Carroll gave him to us.

Edit - Forgot about Bobby Carpenter. He made a great pass break up on Mike Williams in the first quarter and played a solid game at linebacker. He was a first round pick for a reason and a 43 OLB drafted to play in the 34. Lets see if he can put two more solid games together.
What? Logan was never signed by the Dolphins while Parcells was here.

EDIT- Just did a wikisearch and he was signed by the team in 07 so it was Cam Cameron and Randy Mueller who brought him in then cut him.

Last edited by Da-Phins : 12-22-2010 at 01:28 AM.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
What? Logan was never signed by the Dolphins while Parcells as here.
http://detnews.com/article/20101029/...urns-for-Lions
Quote:
Logan jumped at the chance, then made the most of it, becoming the school's career leader in rushing and all-purpose yards. As a senior, he was a finalist for the Harlon Hill Trophy as the Division II player of the year.

But all that got him was a minicamp tryout with the Giants, and later, a six-week stint on the Dolphins practice squad, and then another pink slip.

Why? Bill Parcells, then head honcho for the Dolphins, "wasn't too fond of how big I was," Logan said.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm. Ok. Wasnt aware of that. Surprised by that since Parcells has went after small guys before.

Old 12-22-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Henne is a robot who is afraid to take shots down the field and is always due to a turnover.
This surprises me because at U-M, the only thing Henne did was chuck it down the field. He always struggles in the intermediate passing game so he'd just throw deep. I wonder if it would help his confidence if the Dolphins got him a true deep threat. Then again, if the fans down here get their way, he may be gone before that happens.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As has been mentioned previously, I think that the prevailing intangible that tips the odds in our favour is the fact that the Phins are closing out what could be described as a disppointing season and they won't be charged with nearly as much emotion as the Lions, who are coming off of consecutive victories which have halted nasty losing streaks (vs div opponents, road game losses, etc). The Lions have more momentum than they've had in years with designs on finishing the year off strong, and I believe the entire team has really bought into this.

From an actual match-up standpoint, I'm looking for the following:

1. Megatron vs Vontae Davis: Davis has turned out to be a very solid corner for Miami, but Megatron is Megatron. It will be interesting to see how many single coverage packages the Phins use against Big Play CJ. Getting him the ball early and often would open up the field for the rest of the weapons later in the game. I think Megatron goes for 5-80-1. If Stafford plays, 5-110-1.

2. Lions ability to control Cameron Wake: Lots of double teams, chip blocks and screens to negate Wake as best as possible. I think that our TE's and RB's will get about 12-15 catches for short to medium yards (see #1 as well).

3. Running games: Both teams are averaging about 103 per game on O (wtf Phins?). However, the Phins D is allowing 30 less per game than the Lions. Imperative that the Lions get the ground game going as it has in recent weeks. Look for a few end-arounds to Burleson, Johnson and Logan. On the other side, I think we dominate the interior of the line and make running between the tackles very difficult, however we need to contain the edge to prevent any big runs by Ricky, Ronnie, etc.

4. Pressure Henne: Our D-line can dominate this game with constant pressure on Henne. He will turn the ball over multiple times if we can get to him. Suh/Williams/Hill should be a nightmare for the interior of the Phins O-line. Not expecting much from the RDE as Jake Long is a beast.

Overall, I think the result is Stafford-dependent. With Staff, Lions win 34-20. Without, Lions win 24-20.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:44 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hill is starting. I think lions win this one as long as CJ plays (didnt practice today).

We have momentum and look like the better team right now IMO, Marshall has been playing well the past 2 weeks and with delmas most likely out he could have a big game
Old 12-22-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post

From an actual match-up standpoint, I'm looking for the following:

1. Megatron vs Vontae Davis: Davis has turned out to be a very solid corner for Miami, but Megatron is Megatron. It will be interesting to see how many single coverage packages the Phins use against Big Play CJ. Getting him the ball early and often would open up the field for the rest of the weapons later in the game. I think Megatron goes for 5-80-1. If Stafford plays, 5-110-1.
That is a really interesting match up. Miami also has Sean Smith (6'4 214 lbs with speed) that they could put on CJ but I'm not sure how he is playing.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Stafford to IR, Randy Phillips-S signed to active roster

So would you guys rather have Hill or Stanton start?
Old 12-24-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Ignoretheroar

I want to see Tim Toone out there before the seasons over. This guy lit it up in mini camps and had a solid preseason. I don't understand why he hasn't a shot yet. Especially with our lack of receiver depth.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignoretheroar View Post
I want to see Tim Toone out there before the seasons over. This guy lit it up in mini camps and had a solid preseason. I don't understand why he hasn't a shot yet. Especially with our lack of receiver depth.
I really like Tim Toone as well but he went on IR earlier in the season.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions 27
Dolphins 16.

It's happening.
Old 12-24-2010, 08:55 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eeth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Stafford to IR, Randy Phillips-S signed to active roster

So would you guys rather have Hill or Stanton start?
I say Stanton for the fact that we won 2 in a row with him, our running game has been better, and he gets Calvin involved in a big way

Last edited by eeth : 12-24-2010 at 09:02 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton better be starting Sunday.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We'll probably win the last two games and miss out on Patrick Peterson. Oh well, it's nice to see some wins.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

Yeah but hopefully we won't have to pay a super ridiculous contract if the CBA doesn't address this issue
Old 12-25-2010, 03:51 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/D...ningham-122410

Quote:
Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham threatened Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams Friday, saying he is "coming on the field," if Williams throws an illegal block during Sunday's game between the two teams, the Detroit Free Press reported Friday.

"All I can say to Ricky Williams — I want him to know this — if he hits one of our DBs in the back on a crack block, then I'm coming on the field," the 64-year-old Cunningham said. "I mean, he's had a couple of knockouts, but they've been nonlegal. I'll just put it as that."

Williams did not talk to reporters after Cunningham made his comments.

A "crackback block" happens when an offensive near the sideline goes against the flow of the play and hits an unsuspecting defensive player from behind.

Williams has not had a crackback penalty called against him the past three seasons.
YEAH GUNTHER
Old 12-26-2010, 08:07 AM    (permalink
eeth
Rookie

He'll show us how it's done