Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-22-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even with all of the INT's Eli has pretty good TD numbers and yards. We might run the ball a ton in the cold though. I could see both sides of that one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The guy I'm playing for the championship picked up Rex Grossman (@ Jax) and benched Eli Manning (@GB) for him. I understand playing the matchups, but Jesus.

Jacksonville, if you let me down here, I am revoking my fandom.
If Bad Rex shows up, you win. He'll have a QB rating of 4.0, complete like 6 passes all game and throw 4 picks with at least 4 other passes that could have been picks, and have at least 1 embarrassing fumble.

But if Good Rex shows up...you lose.

Total, total, total gamble on his part. He could have like a 30 point swing depending on which Rex shows up.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
If Bad Rex shows up, you win. He'll have a QB rating of 4.0, complete like 6 passes all game and throw 4 picks with at least 4 other passes that could have been picks, and have at least 1 embarrassing fumble.

But if Good Rex shows up...you lose.

Total, total, total gamble on his part. He could have like a 30 point swing depending on which Rex shows up.
If good Rex shows up I still win because Mike Vick is awesome.

I love him so much. I stuck by him when the media and most fans turned on him. And he shall reward me with a $600 16-team league championship. :knocks on wood:
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
If good Rex shows up I still win because Mike Vick is awesome.

I love him so much. I stuck by him when the media and most fans turned on him. And he shall reward me with a $600 16-team league championship. :knocks on wood:
Don't jinx us, dammit.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9ers announced they're starting Troy Smith for the Rams game, meaning Singletary is trying to actually WIN THE GAME & the division instead of tanking for draft position. And they say you always try hardest to get what you need most.... hah!!! That or most other logic doesnt apply in the wussy division, the NFC West.

As if winning the division as all the preseason pundits predicted could save Singletary's job.... again, sportsfans, hah & hah! The fork was stuck in him months ago.

But with their awful road rcd. it looks the 9ers will lose it all to the Rams if Seattle loses.

Quote:
NY Jets at Chicago
SB preview? Anyone? Or are either or both of these teams SB pretenders & not contenders? Some say the Vikings Chldress implosion + the GB packers injuries handed the NFCN to the Bears on a platter, maybe that's not too far wrong.

Another burning Wk. 16 question: do the NY Giants have to win out to make the playoffs after the Eagles upset in OT & the Eagles win squeaked out in Dallas the wk. before? In other words will only one team emerge from the NFCE or 2 at playoff bracket time, I'm thinking it might be b/c of 2 teams from NFCS, Atlanta locked in & the Saints pretty much guaranteed, & what about Tampa, can the Bux squeeze the Giants out for a 3rd NFCS team in the playoffs? If anybody is looking like they're all dressed up with no place to go at playoff time it could be the NY Giants.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants beat the Packers Sunday then we're in. If we lose then we have to beat the Redskins next week and have the Packers lose to the Bears.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-22-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
If the Giants beat the Packers Sunday then we're in. If we lose then we have to beat the Redskins next week and have the Packers lose to the Bears.
So win and do us both favors. I'm sure no one here wants to hear about the Packers and their injuries (Did you know they had injuries?) in the playoffs anyway.
Old 12-22-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go ATL, NYG and TB.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roddy talking **** about the Aints is awesome.
Old 12-22-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Both sides seem to be getting into a bit. Should be a helluva game.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has there been any flex scheduling this year?
Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Has there been any flex scheduling this year?
I think the Vikings/Eagles game this Sunday was flexed into that spot.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-23-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Roddy is the only division rival i follow on twitter. He says some funny **** at times.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 12-23-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, LA has some brutal telecasts this weekend:

CBS Afternoon: SD @ CIN

FOX am: SF @ STL (puke)

Only good game I'll get is the GB/NYG game in the afternoon. Looks like a Redzone stream for me this weekend.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez is limited in practice. Bears season is really ******* lucky this year

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Sanchez is limited in practice. Bears season is really ******* lucky this year
And they might not force him back since they could lose out and still make the playoffs thanks to tiebreakers.

If we get Kellen Clemons.....I mean, damn. Maybe we are just the luckiest team there ever was.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Do the Panthers have any chance in hell of even covering the spread tonight?

If I were a betting man, I'd put my life savings on the Steelers -13.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Bahaha....

On NFL Live just now they said that McNabb asked Kyle Shanahan to run more screen passes to "slow the pass rush."

Slow the pass rush eh? Are you sure it doesn't have anything to do with the fact that your accuracy has sucked for your whole career and in Philly, screen passes are the one thing that helped keep your completion percentage respectable?
Old 12-23-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winfield got fined $17,500 for having his socks too high and for bumping Cutler's helmet. He hit his helmet because he is short as **** and he pulled up to avoid a late hit, and as he stood up straight, his helmet bumped Cutler's mask. So basically, he got fined for having his socks too high and a combination of avoiding hitting the quarterback and being short. Good one NFL, you guys are officially ******* ********.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Winfield got fined $17,500 for having his socks too high and for bumping Cutler's helmet. He hit his helmet because he is short as **** and he pulled up to avoid a late hit, and as he stood up straight, his helmet bumped Cutler's mask. So basically, he got fined for having his socks too high and a combination of avoiding hitting the quarterback and being short. Good one NFL, you guys are officially ******* ********.

Are you whining?
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Question: what's a more sure "lock" this week: Steelers -14 or Eagles -14?
Old 12-23-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ugh, LA has some brutal telecasts this weekend:

CBS Afternoon: SD @ CIN

FOX am: SF @ STL (puke)

Only good game I'll get is the GB/NYG game in the afternoon. Looks like a Redzone stream for me this weekend.
Use the power of the internets.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
It Christmas weekend, I am sorry. Celebrating the birth of Jesus to me is far more important than a Chiefs victory. Do you people realize the significance of that day and weekend? We should not only be celebrating the Sabbath but the birth of our Lord.
Isn't it ironic that Jesus' birthday is on Christmas?...crickets...am I really the only one who used to watch Da Ali G show?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Yeah, Steeler fans are unbearable at times. They lose a game and the world is coming to an end. They barely beat a team and they will go one and done in the playoffs. It's ridiculous.
Spoken like someone who hasn't had to deal with New York fans. Reading something like the RealGM Knicks board makes me really wish I knew more about New York fans when I was picking my teams as a kid. What makes it worse is that the German National Team's fans and media are exactly the same and they're the one team I didn't pick to become a fan of.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I didn't catch MNF, but how was his socks to high?

Mike Will & V-Jax