Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
GOTTI
Rookie

GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.
Question Best DT in NFL?

1. Ngata
2. Suh
3. Raji

Those are my top 3 off the top of my head. Who do you guys have at the top of your list?

Suh is one of the most impressive rookie I've seen in a long time. As good as Ngata is, I think Suh will pass him soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh blossom into the most impactful defensive player in the league within a few years.
GOTTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are u going for 3-4 DTs, 4-3 DTs or both?

cause i cant see Raji above guys like Wilfork, Kyle Williams, Tommy Kelly, kevin williams or even babineaux.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTTI View Post
1. Ngata
2. Suh
3. Raji

Those are my top 3 off the top of my head. Who do you guys have at the top of your list?

Suh is one of the most impressive rookie I've seen in a long time. As good as Ngata is, I think Suh will pass him soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see Suh blossom into the most impactful defensive player in the league within a few years.
4-3 or 3-4? I think it is hard to judge if we are just making it general.
Ngata plays DE in a 3-4.
Rajii is a 3-4 NT.
Suh is a 4-3 DT.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
GOTTI
Rookie

GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.GOTTI could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
are u going for 3-4 DTs, 4-3 DTs or both?

cause i cant see Raji above guys like Wilfork, Kyle Williams, Tommy Kelly, kevin williams or even babineaux.
Both 3-4 and 4-3 guys.

Wilfork is a better run-stuffer than Raji but I think Raji is a bit more athletic and makes a bigger impact as a pass rusher and can make some plays that Wilfork can't.

Kelly's not as good against the run although his pass rushing has been impressive this season.

Kevin Williams was not that great this year and certainly not better than Raji. Those other guys aren't in the same class.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just thinking about who the top nose tackles were coming off Raji's big game against the Giants. I still have to put Wilfork above him, not by a lot though. Ngata is probably the best DL in the league, it's just a question of whether you call him a nose tackle or not. Past that Raji stands on firm ground, followed by Tommy Kelly then Kyle Williams.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilfork > Raji (I'm a pat and BC fan so its not a homer pick)
Wilfork is the best NT in football today (bc Ngata plays DE)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

I'm gonna say Suh is already the best DT in the game. He's just phenomenal. Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield are also in the discussion of the best DT's, even though no one follows them. Robbins quietly has 6 sacks this year and has been a force for the Rams defense.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

Ngta>Suh>Everyone else
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pretty impossible to determine who is better between Wilfork, Ngata and Suh but they are def tier 1, could probably throw in Dockett if he were still playing UT

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPP90 View Post
I'm gonna say Suh is already the best DT in the game. He's just phenomenal. Fred Robbins and Barry Cofield are also in the discussion of the best DT's, even though no one follows them. Robbins quietly has 6 sacks this year and has been a force for the Rams defense.
Robbins has been great this season, but Cofield has been average.

Roger Goodell: Protecting the business by ruining the game.
J255979-11nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is not the best but ellis has been an absolute beast this season. Better than a few of the guys ive seen mentioned in this thread

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tommie Harris is an absolute beast.

Wait, there I go again thinking it's 2006....
Old 12-27-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J255979-11nine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameronCropper View Post
Tommie Harris is an absolute beast.

Wait, there I go again thinking it's 2006....
Harvey Melton for GOAT!!!

Old 12-27-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love to see the NFL gravitate toward more DT's in the mold of Ndamukong Suh, fast, strong, athletic, 3-down players, rather than the big blob sumos that are huffing and puffing after the first series.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
JPP90
Veteran

JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.JPP90 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J255979-11nine View Post
Robbins has been great this season, but Cofield has been average.
Cofield has been right on par with Sedrick Ellis and Robbins in that 2nd tier after the obviousguys like Suh and Ngata. I wouldn't call his output this season "average".
Old 12-27-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard to rank them because of different schemes, but I'd take Ngata over any DT in the league.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
J255979-11nine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBig12 View Post
I would love to see the NFL gravitate toward more DT's in the mold of Ndamukong Suh, fast, strong, athletic, 3-down players, rather than the big blob sumos that are huffing and puffing after the first series.
I'm sure every franchise would love it if they could have every DT in the mold of Ndamukong Suh......a once in a decade talent.

I wish every CB was more like Deoin Sanders too

Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Harvey Melton for GOAT!!!
its Henry.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Ngata
2) Suh

3) Wilfork

4) Raji
5) Ellis
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those other guys aren't in the same class.
Kyle Williams has arguably outplayed every other defensive tackle in football this year.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:02 PM    (permalink
GOTTI
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Kyle Williams has arguably outplayed every other defensive tackle in football this year.
And I'm arguing that he didn't outplay Ngata, Suh, or Raji.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
J255979-11nine
Rookie

Quote:
And I'm arguing that he didn't outplay Ngata, Suh, or Raji.
That's because you're an idiot

Old 12-27-2010, 04:04 PM    (permalink
MizzouBig12
Rookie

MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.MizzouBig12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm sure every franchise would love it if they could have every DT in the mold of Ndamukong Suh......a once in a decade talent.

I wish every CB was more like Deoin Sanders too
You're wrong here. Look at Jared Crick at Nebraska. A very similar skillset to Suh. And there are a lot more players like him that play every Friday night throughout the Midwest. The only problem is that they are largely invisible to Rivals, Scouts, Inc., and the other services that are "the experts" in finding and grading players.
MizzouBig12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Williams had a great season from the games I saw, but I'll still take Ngata or Suh over him easily.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-Haloti Ngata
2-Kyle Williams
3-BJ Raji
4-Antonio Garay
5-Ndamukong Suh
6-Jonathan Babineaux
7-Vince Wilfork
8-Jason Jones
9-Kevin Williams
10-Ahtyba Rubin

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote