Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2010, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put the Patriots at #1, but the Bucs can't be far behind.

The Bucs are the first team in NFL history to start 10 rookies and finish the season with a winning record. They're also very close to becoming the first team in 40-something years to have a both a rookie receiver and a rookie running back break the 1000 yard mark at their positions (Blount and Williams).
Old 12-31-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
And the difference would be what?
Him as a Bucs fan being able to include LeGarrette Blount, despite not drafting him or signing him in the initial UDFA process. ;)

I'd say Patriots, since their rookie class basically helped them cement themselves as the best team in the NFL. But immediate impact doesn't necessarily imply them having the best. A few teams will be reaping their benefits in a few years. But usually you have the immediate impact guys on bad teams, but in New England's case, it's a Super Bowl contender.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Patriots class reminds me of the 2007 Giants rookie class where most of the players made a big contribution to our Super Bowl run. Aaron Ross, Steve Smith, Jay Alford, Kevin Boss, Michael Johnson, and Ahmad Bradshaw all helped us that year but even more so in the playoffs.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The last 3 Pats drafts have just been incredible... If they do it again this year, that will just be ridiculous. Plus they get their best DE back and the guy who used to be their best CB back to start 2011... And they're really not losing much even if they don't re-sign any of their free agents. Mankins is the only one I'd care about losing.
Old 01-01-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ndeserving-10/

Possibly the most overrated rookie this season.
I've also linked this one, and I totally agree. He is a really good center, and will probably develop into one of the best in the league, but he isn't there yet.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is all, the rest is just detail.....

Old 01-01-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kansas City:

Eric Berry
Dexter McCluster

Tony Moeaki
Javier Arenas
Kendrick Lewis
Awesome increase to team speed with those in bold. It's all about the young fresh legs with impact rookies in the PR/KR games & secondary.

Quote:
Tampa:

Mike Williams
Arrelious Benn
Gerald McCoy
Cody Grimm
LaGarette Blount? He's the horse they're riding back to respectability.

Quote:
New England:

Aaron Hernandez
Rob Gronkowski
Zoltan Mesko
Jermaine Cunningham
Brandon Spikes
Devin McCourty
Dane Fletcher
And Bellichik controls the early rds. of the next draft, what else is new? 2 1st rd. picks ..... again. McCourty posted that killer 40 time at the Combine & skyrocketed up the draft boards.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's also interesting to note that the Buccaneers starter at LG for the last 14 or so games Ted Larsen, was actually part of the Pats 2010 rookie draft class. I guess they just didn't have the room for another great rookie pick!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was looking forward to Larsen. He just didn't' make it to the practice squad like they thought he would, which is unfortunate.
Old 01-01-2011, 07:50 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams got their Franchise QB in rd 1 and their franchise LT in rd 2. End of thread.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BucsFreak5
Rookie

BucsFreak5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At first I was going to say the Bucs, but after really looking at the Patriots draft class, I'd say they have the best.
BucsFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
BucsFreak5
Rookie

BucsFreak5 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's also interesting to note that the Buccaneers starter at LG for the last 14 or so games Ted Larsen, was actually part of the Pats 2010 rookie draft class. I guess they just didn't have the room for another great rookie pick!
Larsen has only started because of injuries and he kind of sucks. Penalty machine.
BucsFreak5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
LaGarette Blount? He's the horse they're riding back to respectability.

As people have already explained to me, their counting the rookie "draft" class, not rookie class in general. Since Blount wasn't drafted by the Bucs(yep they dropped the ball on him too technically) he can't count.

Quote:
And Bellichik controls the early rds. of the next draft, what else is new? 2 1st rd. picks ..... again. McCourty posted that killer 40 time at the Combine & skyrocketed up the draft boards.

I'm pretty sure he has 2 picks in the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round this year. After seeing the last one and how young the team is already you have to be scared. The Oakland pick will be top 15 close, and the Carolina pick is basically an extra 1st rounder which would count as 3. Can't believe GM's continue to let BB rape them in trades and work them like a video game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

The best part about the Carolina pick is that it lets the Patriots NOT make the 32nd pick on Day 1 if they win the Super Bowl. I'm SURE they'll sit on that pick into Day 2 (completely taking advantage of the new draft format), and get some ridiculous trade for one of those picks.
Old 01-01-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Yeah, I'm seriously scared for the future of the NFL.

Belichick already has the best team in the NFL and in this year's draft he'll basically have three first round picks. I mean, even a rebuilding team like the Panthers or the Bills would get better by leaps and bounds if they had three first round picks.

Even if he blows most of those picks the team will still be improved over this year. And if past draft history is any indicator, he's probably going to hit at least 70% of those draft picks out of the ballpark. Yikes.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams got a franchise QB. End o' thread.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
The last 3 Pats drafts have just been incredible... If they do it again this year, that will just be ridiculous. Plus they get their best DE back and the guy who used to be their best CB back to start 2011... And they're really not losing much even if they don't re-sign any of their free agents. Mankins is the only one I'd care about losing.
Forgot all about Leigh Bodden. Him + McCourty = Hardcore anal sex.

Mike Will & V-Jax

Last edited by V.I.P : 01-01-2011 at 10:34 PM.
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

I'll have to go with Tampa with Williams, Benn, Blount, McCoy, Price and Grimm. Hats off to Marc Dominic.

By:BK the God
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:54 AM    (permalink
TheMorningZoo
Rookie

TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMorningZoo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Class as a whole as mentioned enough already in this thread: Pats and Bucs, but I think St. Louis kills it with how their picks produced. A Franchise QB and getting a FLT in the 2nd, a steal. So many teams in the past few years alone have taken Tackles top 10 and have yet to yield the results Saffold has produced. Funny to think Jason Smith was suppose to be the FLT, yet Saffold is locking down the blindside. But hey, Rams did the right thing with investing in top OL through the Draft and FA.

As much as I hate to say it the Raiders had a pretty good draft. McClain is solid, Houston is performing well, Veldheer has started at Center and LT, and Jacoby Ford is a weapon.
TheMorningZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea STL did a great job getting key positions, they still have Jason Brown at C also. They picked a great year to need a WR so they should be able to get a go to guy which would be huge for the development of Bradford to get an elite WR. They just need to look for some sort of future RB because I feel like before Jackson falls off he'll get hurt really early, and force Bradford to throw the ball a ton to keep them in games(Aaron Rodgers this season).

Spend a 3rd-7th rder on a guy you think can spell Jackson, but be a workhorse if he needs to be and could take over after Jackson. That, and a young upper echelon TE to develop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For solely this year I might say the Patriots, but yeah long term it's definitely the Rams. Finding their QB and LT in the same draft is about as good as it can get.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
As people have already explained to me, their counting the rookie "draft" class, not rookie class in general. Since Blount wasn't drafted by the Bucs(yep they dropped the ball on him too technically) he can't count.
Not sure if serious.

Thread title reads: "What team had the best rookie class this year?"

Nowhere in the title does it says draft class, sir.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It only says rookie class so you can include Blount. yawn

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes much more sense to compare rookie classes than to compare draft classes. Ted Larsen was drafted by the Pats, but cut and picked up the Bucs. Clearly it is more relevant that he is part of the Bucs rookie class than part of the Pats draft class.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Baltimore. Runnerup goes to Atlanta or San Diego.
What???? Sean Weatherspoon has looked very impressive when healthy. Corey Peters has been great a rotational defensive tackle. Kerry Meier went on the I.R. early but would have likely seen time during the season. Mike Johnson and Joseph Hawley, the two linemen we took, are being groomed to fill in for the future, as we will probably be losing Todd McClure soon and let Blalock go. I wouldn't call our class great, but there's a future starting DT, starting LB, a receiver that will be put in the rotation, and at least one starting O-Lineman. Dominique Franks also flashed a ton of potential in the pre-season, just hasn't seen any time yet.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote