Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's going to be New England versus Atlanta or New Orleans

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 02:57 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots 30, Eagles 17.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trying to not sound homerish, but wow no respect for new england. the two teams i see NE having trouble with in the AFC are Indy and Baltimore. The NFC teams pose alot of trouble with NE, with NO GB and Philly being bad matchups for the Pats.

GB over NE is my superbowl pick unfortunately :(

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles? The 3 games in 12 days, just got their tails kicked by the Vikings, Vick is wearing down, Eagles?

lol...no.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

How can you not have New England in the Super Bowl, though. They are far and away the best team in the NFL and it's not even close.

There is no team in the AFC that can keep up with them, and the only defense in the entire NFL that I feel has a chance to slow Brady down is Green Bay's.

It's either going to be New England and Green Bay in the Super Bowl, or New England and New Orleans.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
How can you not have New England in the Super Bowl, though. They are far and away the best team in the NFL and it's not even close.

There is no team in the AFC that can keep up with them, and the only defense in the entire NFL that I feel has a chance to slow Brady down is Green Bay's.

It's either going to be New England and Green Bay in the Super Bowl, or New England and New Orleans.
Indy and Baltimore can beat them IMO, which is why I want KC to beat the Jets next week. The Steelers CAN beat them, but I think it's unlikely, despite them being pretty damn healthy going to their first playoff game.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New England 34
Atlanta 20

I really can't see the Falcons losing at home. They're just ridiculous there, but if anyone did manage to it would have to be the Saints I think.

I just can't see anyone stopping the Patriots anywhere. Their offense is so simple but effective. The only way I see them losing is if they over commit to the running game and it isn't effective while the other team manages to put up a few touchdowns early.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Indy and Baltimore can beat them IMO, which is why I want KC to beat the Jets next week. The Steelers CAN beat them, but I think it's unlikely, despite them being pretty damn healthy going to their first playoff game.
Indy and Baltimore's defenses don't stand a chance, bro. I mean, if the Steelers defense gets ripped by Brady into slices of swiss cheese, the Ravens and Colts won't even be a challenge.

Basically speaking, you have to be capable of scoring more than 30-40 points to even have a chance against the Pats this year. The only teams that have an offense capable of doing that are the Eagles, the Packers, Saints, and Colts.

- The Eagles defense is terrible, so even if they play the Pats and score 30+ points, they will still inevitable lose because Brady will keep scoring until the Pats defense makes a stop.

- The Colts defense is pretty bad too, and Peyton Manning doesn't have Austin Collie or Dallas Clark going into the playoffs anymore so his offense will not be able to keep up with Brady.

- The Saints and the Packers theoretically have good enough defenses to at least slow Brady down. I could see either one, especially the Packers, holding New England to less than 30 points. The question is: will their offenses be able to score 30 or more points? I think with Rodgers and Brees, you stand a chance.

I think the only two teams that have a chance against the Pats are both in the NFC: the Saints and the Packers. I think New England will cruise into a Super Bowl berth, and then it will be up to one of those teams to make it out of the NFC to challenge the Pats.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Indy and Baltimore's defenses don't stand a chance, bro. I mean, if the Steelers defense gets ripped by Brady into slices of swiss cheese, the Ravens and Colts won't even be a challenge.

Basically speaking, you have to be capable of scoring more than 30-40 points to even have a chance against the Pats this year. The only teams that have an offense capable of doing that are the Eagles, the Packers, Saints, and Colts.

- The Eagles defense is terrible, so even if they play the Pats and score 30+ points, they will still inevitable lose because Brady will keep scoring until the Pats defense makes a stop.

- The Colts defense is pretty bad too, and Peyton Manning doesn't have Austin Collie or Dallas Clark going into the playoffs anymore so his offense will not be able to keep up with Brady.

- The Saints and the Packers theoretically have good enough defenses to at least slow Brady down. I could see either one, especially the Packers, holding New England to less than 30 points. The question is: will their offenses be able to score 30 or more points? I think with Rodgers and Brees, you stand a chance.

I think the only two teams that have a chance against the Pats are both in the NFC: the Saints and the Packers. I think New England will cruise into a Super Bowl berth, and then it will be up to one of those teams to make it out of the NFC to challenge the Pats.
Indy and Baltimore lost by a combined 6 points. Peyton can beat New England and if the Ravens run the ball the way we all know they can, they will win the game. Or play how they played last year. The Patriots are not invinceable, they can be beaten. It would not surprise me to see the Colts or Ravens knock them out.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Indy and Baltimore lost by a combined 6 points. Peyton can beat New England and if the Ravens run the ball the way we all know they can, they will win the game. Or play how they played last year. The Patriots are not invinceable, they can be beaten. It would not surprise me to see the Colts or Ravens knock them out.
I don't see it happening. The Ravens defense is average at best at this point and can't even hope to contain an elite passing attack. Peyton Manning is missing his most important weapons (Clark and Collie) and will struggle to score more than 24 points in a given playoff game.

It's basically clear sailing for the Pats into the Super Bowl this year. What happens there against the NFC team is yet to be determined, but I will be extremely shocked if the Patriots aren't playing in it.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers vs. Jets

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
I don't see it happening. The Ravens defense is average at best at this point and can't even hope to contain an elite passing attack. Peyton Manning is missing his most important weapons (Clark and Collie) and will struggle to score more than 24 points in a given playoff game.

It's basically clear sailing for the Pats into the Super Bowl this year. What happens there against the NFC team is yet to be determined, but I will be extremely shocked if the Patriots aren't playing in it.
Baltimore seems to play a lot better in the playoffs it seems like. I would expect them to play a lot more agressively and to their strengths once the playoffs come.

I wouldn't be surprise to NOT see the Patriots in the SB, but I believe they'll end up there if I am not being a homer.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post
trying to not sound homerish, but wow no respect for new england. the two teams i see NE having trouble with in the AFC are Indy and Baltimore. The NFC teams pose alot of trouble with NE, with NO GB and Philly being bad matchups for the Pats.

I love this guy. Please God, let proshoota25 by our board's psychic this season !
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

HinesWardJr: If it makes you feel any better, the AFC championship game will probably be Steelers @ Patriots, and anything can happen in the playoffs. Maybe James Harrison tears Brady's rotator cuff on the first drive and the Steelers go on to win. Who knows.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
HinesWardJr: If it makes you feel any better, the AFC championship game will probably be Steelers @ Patriots, and anything can happen in the playoffs. Maybe James Harrison tears Brady's rotator cuff on the first drive and the Steelers go on to win. Who knows.
I might lose my fancard, but i do NOT want Pittsburgh to go to Foxboro for the AFCCG. Yeah anything can happen, but NE breaks my heart too damn much in AFCCGs and that's a very bad matchup for them.
Old 12-31-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFC
1. Patriots
2. Steelers
3. Chiefs
4. Colts
5. Ravens
6. Jets

Chiefs over Jets
Ravens over Colts

Ravens over Patriots
Steelers over Chiefs

Steelers over Ravens

NFC
1. Falcons
2. Bears
3. Eagles
4. Rams
5. Saints
6. Packers

Eagles over Packers
Saints over Rams

Falcons over Saints
Eagles over Bears

Falcons over Eagles

Steelers over Falcons

My homer prediction.

Non homer, NE wins out.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I might lose my fancard, but i do NOT want Pittsburgh to go to Foxboro for the AFCCG. Yeah anything can happen, but NE breaks my heart too damn much in AFCCGs and that's a very bad matchup for them.
I wouldn't want to face NE either. They've got our number, we can't beat them. The only time we did beat them recently was when Brady was out and Cassel was starting.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
The Eagles? The 3 games in 12 days, just got their tails kicked by the Vikings, Vick is wearing down, Eagles?

lol...no.
That is a non factor. This weeks game doesn't matter for them. It is almost a bye. They'll be more rested than their opponent for the first round game.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proshoota25 View Post

No respect for New England? I don't think you read the thread carefully. Several have picked New England to win the Super Bowl (me included).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons 21
Chiefs 17

you heard it here first.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to bet on 2 teams from the AFC and 2 from the NFC, I would go:

AFC: Steelers and Patriots
NFC: Packers and Saints

And if I had to bet my life Id go Patriots vs Saints. The only team in the NFL that I can see beating the Patriots in the playoffs is Pittsburgh

Falcons are going to flop in the 1st round, but expect them to be the NFC leader next year if they have a good off season.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:22 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pat vs rams
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Polamalu_is_God
Rookie

Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God Polamalu_is_God

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That was Sports Illustrated's Pre-season Super Bowl prediction.

But that was before the Steelers lost a few OL, and Polamalu got banged up a bit.
Did you know Packers have injuries also?...

STEELERS 27 BEARS 14

By:BK the God

Last edited by Polamalu_is_God : 01-01-2011 at 11:43 PM.
Polamalu_is_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Ghost of Juice
Rookie

Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ghost of Juice is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch the Pats every week and I have to say I will be very surprised if they win the Superbowl. The only way I see it happening is if their offense plays perfect football every game. This is the worst defense I have seen them play in years, Matt Flynn isn't actually that good the Pats D is just that bad. If they have to face Rodgers, Brees or Manning I don't see them having a chance. If they get someone to rush the passer and the young guys develop they could be good next year.
Ghost of Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:05 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AFCCG- Chiefs @ Pats
NFCCG- Saints @ Falcons

Superb Owl- Chiefs vs Falcons

Winner- ATLANTA FALCONS!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote