Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Hey hey hey. Check this out

Texans | Team on verge of acquiring Schaub
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:38:20 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Atlanta Falcons and Houston Texans are on the verge of a trade that would send quarterback Matt Schaub to the Texans in exchange for a swapping of first-round draft picks in this year's NFL Draft, a second-round draft pick in this year's draft and a second-round pick in 2008. Schaub is trying to work out a long-term deal with the Texans. While the deal is not yet finalized, it is expected to be completed Wednesday, March 21.

Pretty cool huh?
Good find, d34. That value is absolutely sick. Equivalent of 2 third rounders (the move up from #8 to #10 is about a 3rd plus next year's second = a third) and a second for a QB with less than 8 career starts and a slightly fractional TD/INT ratio. I hope the Texans LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Schaub because they paid a ton to get him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Houston Swaps #8 for #10.. this years 2nd round and next years next #2 for Shaub.
All those critics didn't think the Falcons could get a first round value for Schaub, this is tantamount to a low-1st round pick in this year's draft, and a 2nd round pick next year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh good lord. **** this deal.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Good find, d34. That value is absolutely sick. Equivalent of 2 third rounders (the move up from #8 to #10 is about a 3rd plus next year's second = a third) and a second for a QB with less than 8 career starts and a slightly fractional TD/INT ratio. I hope the Texans LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE Schaub because they paid a ton to get him.
I consider this redemption, since Atlanta did the opposite last year in the Abraham trade. They got hosed by Denver.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Add it up, and you end up with a accumulative value of a 1st round pick.
A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third. Meaning that the trade value is in between the last pick in the first or the first pick in the second. Still much less than pick #17 that the Falcons supposedly shot down last year.

That being said, if that really is the trade, it's still good value as Schaub is ungodly overrated. Seriously, someone tell me the difference between Carr and Schaub other than their names.

EDIT: With the swapping of 1st rounders the value is higher, fully making it the value of a 1st round pick. I just can't believe that there was that much demand for a guy that has done little in the league and doesn't possess overwhelming talent. Oh well.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 03-21-2007 at 01:17 PM.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Oh good lord. **** this deal.
Bwahaha! Schaub is so overrated it isn't even funny.
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am one happy man right now.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't compare deals to one another. You can say that the Falcons won a deal by a landslide, but it's not redemption. I really can't believe that Houston paid that much. I would hope that the 2008 pick is some sort of conditional thing...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-21-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch. Houston gave up way to much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

So they could have Young for just the number one pick in the draft yet they decide to lose three picks for Schaub. I guess it makes me feel better that no matter what the Titans don't have the dumbest front office in the division.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I won't say that Schaub is overrated, but he is overhyped. To be overrated, you have to have a body of work to utilize. Schaub's work has been mop-up or fill-in duty. He's never really been a starting NFL QB to date. When you get limited work in, your true potential and true deficiencies are less prevalent. So, Schaub is very much overhyped, but if he's the real deal then Houston may have stolen him.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third.
Who gives a damn about the trade vaue, it's an excellent pick to have.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
A future 2nd has the trade value of a mid-third. Meaning that the trade value is in between the last pick in the first or the first pick in the second. Still much less than pick #17 that the Falcons supposedly shot down last year.

That being said, if that really is the trade, it's still good value as Schaub is ungodly overrated. Seriously, someone tell me the difference between Carr and Schaub other than their names.
I don't think they turned down the #17. I remember they turned down the Vikings, Jets, after they offered their second round picks. They couldn't coax a first round value for Schaub, last year. Finally someone stepped up to the plate. As Pat Kirwan reported a few weeks ago, he quoted a personnel guy who acknowledged it would take around a mid-1st accumulative value to get him.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:19 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just happy that Jacksonville doesn't have to play Carr twice a year anymore, because those were the only two games that he ever showed up for.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As an FYI Splat, I am the one who first mentioned KC as a possible destination. I looked their way due to the fact that Croyle was a 4th rounder last year and that Huard is aging and may not be able to put up that production again. I never meant to say that it was a likely place Carr would go. To be fair, the fit isn't that horrendous if you think about it. Good running game, good OLine, decent weapons, acceptable coaching. If the Chiefs aren't sure that Croyle is the answer, getting Carr isn't a bad idea.
I hear what your saying but FYI Croyle was a 3rd round pick not a 4th I'm just saying the Chiefs all ready have two QB's they like in Huard and Croyle and it is not a lock Green will be gone I just don't see them getting another QB.
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
So they could have Young for just the number one pick in the draft yet they decide to lose three picks for Schaub. I guess it makes me feel better that no matter what the Titans don't have the dumbest front office in the division.
That really doesn't make any sense. The value of those three picks isn't even close to the stratosphere of the #1 pick in the whole draft. The whole debate comes down to how Mario Williams ends up, not what they gave up for Schaub.

Shiver
Icon

Quote:
I won't say that Schaub is overrated, but he is overhyped. To be overrated, you have to have a body of work to utilize. Schaub's work has been mop-up or fill-in duty. He's never really been a starting NFL QB to date. When you get limited work in, your true potential and true deficiencies are less prevalent. So, Schaub is very much overhyped, but if he's the real deal then Houston may have stolen him.
His only chance to prove himself, he did exceptionally well, albeit against a porous pass defense.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I hear what your saying but FYI Croyle was a 3rd round pick not a 4th I'm just saying the Chiefs all ready have two QB's they like in Huard and Croyle and it is not a lock Green will be gone I just don't see them getting another QB.
Apologize for the error on roundage. I will fix it. I accept your explanation and trust your analysis over my very rough speculation. Based on your reputation and knowledge of the Chiefs, I will back off that idea. Carr is a possibility in KC, but not a likelihood.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I don't think they turned down the #17. I remember they turned down the Vikings, Jets, after they offered their second round picks. They couldn't coax a first round value for Schaub, last year. Finally someone stepped up to the plate. As Pat Kirwan reported a few weeks ago, he quoted a personnel guy who acknowledged it would take around a mid-1st accumulative value to get him.
Well he wasn't exactly right (depending on what you consider a mid 1st pick). The value works out to the 21st pick in the draft, which is steal a flat out theivary by the Falcons.

On the swapping of picks, I'm not sure how much this changes anything for the Falcons, as they would still likely take Landry at 8, they'll just have a better shot at getting him.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so Falcons got pick #8 now

Say Raiders go Russell and Lions want to trade the #2 pick, Falcons could make a nice offer to get that pick.

Last edited by NIN1984 : 03-21-2007 at 01:24 PM. Reason: .
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
His only chance to prove himself, he did exceptionally well, albeit against a porous pass defense.
How many starts does Schaub have? How many consecutive starts? There is not a lot of body of work there for anyone to evaluate. He has preseason work and some spot duty in the NFL. I will stick with my overhyped vs. overrated assessment.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Oh, I agree. I'm just saying, at least he has one great start in the NFL. Which is more than any rookie, or anyone they previously had, could say.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hypothetically...

2nd overall (DET) = 2600

8th overall (ATL) = 1400
39th overall (ATL) = 510
44th overall (ATL) = 460

Damn. Thats still not nearly enough. Hope we dont do a ridiculous trade up.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
That really doesn't make any sense. The value of those three picks isn't even close to the stratosphere of the #1 pick in the whole draft. The whole debate comes down to how Mario Williams ends up, not what they gave up for Schaub.
You don't get how Vince is seen in Houston. He's adored by every single person who lives there. They would have made tons of cash had they drafted him and yet they decide to draft Mario Bowie because they don't need a quarterback. Yet, they trade for a young quarteback a year later. Please, explain how that makes sense.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote