Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the swap almost guarantees that the Falcons get one.

AP is a powerful runner, but he takes some bigger hits because he runs a little upright. It will take at least a year for Atlanta to transition into the power running attack, so investing a first rounder in AP when Landry is on the board might not be the best idea. Wait a year and look to get your super power RB next year or later in this draft.

Peterson is a great value at #8, but Landry might have more immediate and future value to the Falcons.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For The Last Time. Adrian Peterson Did Not Miss A Game In His Freshman Season. He Got Hurt In Spring Football And Was 100% Healed By The Start Of The Regular Season. He Played In All 13 Of Oklahoma's Games That Year. Whoever Started The "adrian Peterson Never Played A Full Season" Garbage Is A Liar. Maybe If I Type In All Caps People Will Listen To What I Have To Say.

EDIT: I forgot you can't type in all caps.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 01:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, what Patriots-Lions is saying is that Adrian Peterson is an injury prone RB... hahahaha.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-21-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a really good deal for Atlanta

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I think the swap almost guarantees that the Falcons get one.

AP is a powerful runner, but he takes some bigger hits because he runs a little upright. It will take at least a year for Atlanta to transition into the power running attack, so investing a first rounder in AP when Landry is on the board might not be the best idea. Wait a year and look to get your super power RB next year or later in this draft.

Peterson is a great value at #8, but Landry might have more immediate and future value to the Falcons.
i dont think peterson or landry will be there at number 8 and i think they will end up taking jamaal anderson or maybe petrino loves levi brown so he leapfrogged the two teams rumored to take them (houston and miami).

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
You don't get how Vince is seen in Houston. He's adored by every single person who lives there. They would have made tons of cash had they drafted him and yet they decide to draft Mario Bowie because they don't need a quarterback. Yet, they trade for a young quarteback a year later. Please, explain how that makes sense.
Blame that on Dan Reeves. Reeves managed to convince ownership last year that Carr could potentially still come around ... and thus, forced Kubiak to go into the year with Carr.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons moved up for Peterson/Landry, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the used the 8th pick on DL.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming Quinn and Russell are taken in the top-8, then the top six on the Falcons big board will be;
  • Calvin Johnson
  • Joe Thomas
  • Gaines Adams
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Laron Landry

Not in any order. Now, who would be the 6th player, in case those players were gone?

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Adrian Peterson will almost certainly not go to: Tampa, Arizona, and Washington.

That leaves: Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, and Minnesota to pick AP before Atlanta has its shot.

* Oakland just invested a lot of money in Lamont Jordan, who put up almost 2000 total yards 2 seasons ago. The have no QB, and their one marquee offensive threat, Moss, is likely to be traded.

* Detroit just got Tatum Bell to hold them over until Kevin Jones gets back from his foot injury. AP doesn't fit their offensive scheme. They could also use a QB.

* Cleveland overspent on Jamal Lewis this offseason. They have needs at a lot of different positions. RB isn't their biggest need, but AP is good for them. They are the most likely team to take Peterson.

* Arizona just spent a ton on Edgerrin James. They have OLine and defensive issues that need to be addressed. Why spend #5 overall to take a backup RB?

* Minnesota could probably use Peterson, but Childress is an Andy Reid disciple. He is more committed to the run than Reid, but he also likes RB's who can get out into space and make people miss. I don't foresee Peterson going there because Minnesota likely doesn't value him there, and they have needs at WR, TE, and at LB. They are a candidate to trade back, however.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
This is a really good deal for Atlanta
Wow...that's the coolest sig I've ever seen.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
* Minnesota could probably use Peterson, but Childress is an Andy Reid disciple. He is more committed to the run than Reid, but he also likes RB's who can get out into space and make people miss. I don't foresee Peterson going there because Minnesota likely doesn't value him there, and they have needs at WR, TE, and at LB. They are a candidate to trade back, however.
Dont really see the Vikings taking a LB on day one of the draft. They just signed Leber as a free agent and resigned Henderson. Plus they drafted Greenway in the first round last year. Thier LBs actually played well last year. I dont see them going with Peterson either. Taylor had a good year for them.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

KBear, you're probably right about LB. I still see them needing some depth there, but Minnesota is not likely to take Peterson. That was really the point. Good catch regardless.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Assuming Quinn and Russell are taken in the top-8, then the top six on the Falcons big board will be;
  • Calvin Johnson
  • Joe Thomas
  • Gaines Adams
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Laron Landry

Not in any order. Now, who would be the 6th player, in case those players were gone?
probably the d linemen they valued most whether it be anderson, branch, okoye, or carriker

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I guess the Falcons could take a DLineman, but passing on the #1 safety in the draft and a really solid prospect in Landry would be a mistake, IMO.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing I wasn't certain about still was if Quinn was top 3, but this trade either signifies that the Texans weren't high on Quinn, or more likely, they expect he'll definitely be gone in the top 3.

At 8, I think Peterson should be there ... but it wouldn't surprise me if they went OL/DL there. I'm highly questionable of Levi Brown's value there. Jamaal Anderson and Adam Carriker might be thoughts as well, but on paper, Peterson has to be the favorite. Peterson/Quinn - One will fall ... just not sure who.

I'd look for Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak to deal down again. If anything worthwhile comes along ... I think they'd pull the trigger.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:45 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like the trade for the falcons now that the extra 2nd and #8 pick is involved
Old 03-21-2007, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm just happy that Jacksonville doesn't have to play Carr twice a year anymore, because those were the only two games that he ever showed up for.
QFT.

Now lets hope Schaub isn't the real deal as I believe he isn't.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I'm just happy that Jacksonville doesn't have to play Carr twice a year anymore, because those were the only two games that he ever showed up for.
And I'm pissed that we don't get to play Carr twice a year anymore
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
QFT.

He's going to be this decade's Favre, traded from Atlanta, future hall-of-fame QB....

Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
QFT.

In terms of system fit, though, he should work quite well there, with his decision making, enough mobility, and short-intermediate accuracy.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Houston got raped, they gave away too much for a qb they can't even block for.

Last edited by Larry : 03-21-2007 at 03:09 PM.
Larry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Blame that on Dan Reeves. Reeves managed to convince ownership last year that Carr could potentially still come around ... and thus, forced Kubiak to go into the year with Carr.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Falcons moved up for Peterson/Landry, but I also wouldn't be surprised if the used the 8th pick on DL.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He's going to be this decade's Favre, traded from Atlanta, future hall-of-fame QB....
...or Doug Johnson.

Thank you, Buffalo.

Thank you.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
In terms of system fit, though, he should work quite well there, with his decision making, enough mobility, and short-intermediate accuracy.
Toon, I happen to believe that the young OLinemen that Houston brought in last season should improve in the second year under Kubiak, so that Schaub will have time to find his WR's. Do you agree?

Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Atlanta's QB coach, Bill Musgrave was at the Stanford pro day. So, don't be surprised if Atlanta drafts Trent Edwards.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Dunta_23
Rookie

Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dunta_23 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houstons OL isnt as bad as some ppl think...the guys on NFL network showed a series of plays where Carr had plenty of time to make a pass to an OPEN WR....and he stared them down until they either got covered, or he got sacked....The offense was soooo dumbed down to 3-5 yard routes that he just had to get the ball out on his 3rd step back...If Schaub has better pocket presence...then he will do well....

Regardless of all that, the Texans got greased HARD on that trade...gave up WAYYYY too much
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote