Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-31-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kansas City Chiefs Offense; What can be done?

http://twitter.com/mortreport/status...24100608266240

Quote:
Filed to ESPN and as Gainesville Sun's Pat Dooley suggested, Charlie Weis is likely bound for Univ. of Florida as offensive coordinator
Reminiscent of the Mike Nolan situation in Denver.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
CameronCropper
Rookie

CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CameronCropper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give the ball to Jamaal Charles more and everything will be fine.
Old 12-31-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN’s Chris Mortensen was talking about McDaniels maybe coming back for his work mentoring Cassel, but Haley snubbed him for the handshake, so who knows.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we had to keep one, I'd want to keep Rac.

I'm not so much bothered with Weis leaving, but if he does, we'd need an A+ coordinator to replace him. McDaniels is familiar with the system and with Cassel. Seems like a good match on paper.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Hey Josh guess what."

"What?"

"You're gonna be working for me next year...(evil laugh)"

"Whaaaaa..."
Old 12-31-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McDaniels wanted Cassel more than Cutler and settled for Teborton
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
McDaniels wanted Cassel more than Cutler and settled for Teborton
With the way Cassel played this year does it make McDaniels look better that he wanted him over Cutler?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This makes no sense at all, I would understand leaving to be the Gator's HC but why leave your job as an NFL OC to be a college OC???

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
With the way Cassel played this year does it make McDaniels look better that he wanted him over Cutler?
I really think it is a testament to both of them, but McDaniels defiantly knew the potential that could be with Cassel
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
This makes no sense at all, I would understand leaving to be the Gator's HC but why leave your job as an NFL OC to be a college OC???
my guess is there were some issues with him and Haley that could'nt be resolved
Old 12-31-2010, 07:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rumor is that Haley and Weis haven't seen eye to eye about anything this year, so it isn't all that surprising. Haley runs this team, not Weis.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Rumor is that Haley and Weis haven't seen eye to eye about anything this year, so it isn't all that surprising. Haley runs this team, not Weis.
That's true but you have to credit Weis for helping Cassel out. This could be a big problem for you next year when you're going to face a much tougher schedule.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's never a GOOD thing to lose a coordinator who has helped you, it just depends who you get to replace said coordinator. If we got a great offensive mind who is familiar with the system and the quarterback, I'm all for it.

I was not a fan of Weis and his erratic playcalling at the beginning of the year. It has gotten better, but I don't like a lot of the stuff I'm hearing about him and how he reacts to certain things and his relationship with Haley.

At this point I think it's probably a good thing, but it all hinges on who we're able to hire to replace him. We either stay in house (and promote Maurice Carthon) or go after a big name OC (Josh McDaniels is the only one I can think of off the top of my head) to replace Weis.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:56 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I've been doing some calls/emailing on this. Haley was doing more and more the last few weeks in the early week game plan implementing. Also, most of the credit of for the progression of Cassel is being directed towards Nick Sirianni, an offensive quality control coach. The relationship those two have has grown quite a bit.
Quote:
Old 12-31-2010, 08:09 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/report...r-gators-29384

this is the article from sportsbybrooks.com (love his site BTW. If you haven't bookmarked it yet, then you need to. He breaks alot of stories on twitter 1st and gets none of the credit, usually) Brooks makes it sound like Weis wasn't going to be the OC in KC next year, anyway. Meaning, he may have been fired after the playoffs. Maybe Weis saw the writing on the wall and decided to take another job (with the fastest route to a HC position) as an OC at a top college program. I guess he saves alittle face with most fans never knowing he was going to be fired if he didn't take a job before hand. It's one of those, "Your FIRED!!!" "You can't fire me cause I QUIT!!!" things.

McD is prolly a better fit for what the Chiefs are trying to do, but you can't argue with the wins this team has put together with Weis at the helm. Plus, this will be the 3rd OC for Cassel in as many years. Hopefully the familiarity with McD overrides everything and makes Cassel feel more at home in KC.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:18 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

I also heard he might be going to some other OC/HC in the NFL
Quote:
Old 12-31-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya. Haley and Weis didn't get along that well...never did from the very beginning. They made it work, though. I'm not worried about losing Weis. Haley's no slouch when it comes to running an offense, and McD is a no-brainer hire if he'll take the job.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:24 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been doing some calls/emailing on this. Haley was doing more and more the last few weeks in the early week game plan implementing. Also, most of the credit of for the progression of Cassel is being directed towards Nick Sirianni, an offensive quality control coach. The relationship those two have has grown quite a bit.
I've heard from from a couple people with close ties to Weis, that the relationship between Weis and Cassel was never really been that good. So, it makes sense that Cassel has found another offensive coach to gravitate to. Who better than Haley's Offensive Quality Control guy to help Cassel with the nuances of the offense.

Also, in the Tennessee game, the Chiefs got off to a great start, but the Rams and Chargers games the Chiefs got off to a terribly slow start (or in the case of the Chargers game, never got going. I know, no Cassel). I'm not sure if that means Haley has been helping or hurting the offense the last few weeks. I know that there are some fundamental differences between Haley and Weis. I just thought that with the overall success of the team this year, they could put their differences aside and make this team better, together.
Old 12-31-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, they have, but the end of the year/offseason is a completely different animal.

Old 12-31-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

After a shiny trophy named after some italiano visits Arrowhead I will worry about this 'issue'
Quote:
Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
I also heard he might be going to some other OC/HC in the NFL
Weis?!? Really?? who would give a HC job in the NFL? I can see him as an OC in the NFL, but I thought picking Florida was because he feels he can get a college HC job much sooner than a NFL HC job, IMO
Old 12-31-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The bad part was the compensation was pissed away. If they had taken Clay Mathews and Devin McCourty with those two picks, and Cassell was having this type of season for Denver he would look like a genius. But the compensation was poorly handled, as well as their own picks. I still felt he should have worked with Cutler if he wanted the job, but if someone was actually making the picks he was picking up they could have been onto something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
Weis?!? Really?? who would give a HC job in the NFL? I can see him as an OC in the NFL, but I thought picking Florida was because he feels he can get a college HC job much sooner than a NFL HC job, IMO
Buffalo made Chan Gailey a head coach. Bad example, but still...there are some certifiable morons out there.
Old 12-31-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Buffalo made Chan Gailey a head coach. Bad example, but still...there are some certifiable morons out there.
you sir, are correct and that was a great example.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Weis' playcalling cost us 1 games this year at least (3rd and 1 pass vs HOU when we were runiing the ball down their thorars)