Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 05-30-2011, 02:31 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Yeah, he is. I put that together too quickly. lol

EDIT: Take a look at it now, sir. Still looking for accurate heights and weights.
E.J. runs about 235 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown
The most important thing, however, is how strong their swagger factors are.
Newton
South of the Mason Dixon +10 swagger
Barely literate +5 swagger
Thief +15 swagger
Kicked off of a team of thugs +20 swagger
Big, average speed -3 swagger
Hasn't done jacksquat on the field +15 swagger
Total Swagger: 62
ATL College Park Zone 3* +20 swagger Bonus pts
shylo3716 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 02:34 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shylo3716 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much action will Kelvin Benjamin see this year?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2011, 08:09 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will depend on his ability to learn the playbook and run routes. Freshmen WRs generally take a season to get acclimated to Fisher's offense and generally don't see a lot of run. Take Kenny Shaw last season, he is probably the best route runner on the team, but only saw limited action behind Reed, Easterling, Smith, and Haulstead. All of whom could be back, although Easterling probably goes to MLB. However on FSU's board, Fisher had Benjamin as the top WR in the country and made him a top priority to sign, so I think he'll see some time.

That said how scary would it be line up to 6'6 monsters on the outside and then put a talent like Christian Green in the slot?
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Okay here is what I have now.

Quote:
Defense: (just like with the offense, need some help with corrections)

EDIT: Using scout rating/ranking system

What's up with the highlighted names?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For whatever reason, those names weren't on the scout website's eligibility tracker. I posted this over there for help, too. They are on the official FSU site roster, though. That was the only reason. Weird.

EDIT: Rhodes is there now. Commack is still @ WR.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 05-30-2011 at 06:26 PM.
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:39 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
For whatever reason, those names weren't on the scout website's eligibility tracker. I posted this over there for help, too. They are on the official FSU site roster, though. That was the only reason. Weird.

EDIT: Rhodes is there now. Commack is still @ WR.
Joyner may not be eligible? wow! I really love his potential.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 05-30-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why he isn't on that chart on scout, but he is on the official roster on FSU's cstv site.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 12:53 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joyner is eligible.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:35 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Nole Fans what are your thoughts on Joyner. Do you love him, is he better suited for Safety then Corner? Will he have a greater impact at Safety this year then Corner last year?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 05-31-2011 at 01:38 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shylo3716 View Post
Nole Fans what are your thoughts on Joyner. Do you love him, is he better suited for Safety then Corner? Will he have a greater impact at Safety this year then Corner last year?
I love his potential. He's a ball hawk. I think he can be a smaller Eric Berry-type player.

He will have a greater impact at safety rather than corner because he'll be on the field at safety more than he would at corner this year. He wouldn't have seen a lot of time at corner this year due to our three deep at corner being so good.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I love his potential. He's a ball hawk. I think he can be a smaller Eric Berry-type player.

He will have a greater impact at safety rather than corner because he'll be on the field at safety more than he would at corner this year. He wouldn't have seen a lot of time at corner this year due to our three deep at corner being so good.
I love his ceiling, but I hate to see him HAVE to play Safety, because he is a CB at the next level. He needs to do better in the return game though.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarSeminole View Post
I agree that site is a joke, to many fsu hating trolls.

I am reading through the draft board over there, and ur still being mentioned with the Ponder pick, they are saying u r running the vikings and blasting u.
I gotta ask, did the FSU thread die on my birthday for a reason or just a coincidence?
Old 06-03-2011, 01:56 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
I love his ceiling, but I hate to see him HAVE to play Safety, because he is a CB at the next level. He needs to do better in the return game though.
S is his natural position, the initial concern was that he was too small to play S in college, but this Spring he showed that fear was misguided. He may be small, but he hits like fellow Smurf Greg Reid and has much better tackling technique. I won't be surprised if by Week 5 the starting S's aren't Joyner and Karlos Williams.
Old 06-05-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Nole fans what are your thoughts on former WR Damon McDaniel, because I am a bit upset that he transfered. If he did not do so, he would have been a NFL prospect. I can't fault him for transferring, because he chose to be a father first, & football player second.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-05-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

Quote:
Nole fans what are your thoughts on former WR Damon McDaniel, because I am a bit upset that he transfered. If he did not do so, he would have been a NFL prospect. I can't fault him for transferring, because he chose to be a father first, & football player second.
I don't know why he didn't see the field more at FSU as he made plays when he did. I know he had some family issues at home though and had a kid while at FSU.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I don't know why he didn't see the field more at FSU as he made plays when he did. I know he had some family issues at home though and had a kid while at FSU.
I had the luxury of watching both he & Percy in HS & Damon was the more complete WR back then.

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 06-05-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

I remember at one point in the rankings Scout had them as the #1 and #3 WRs in the country
Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole View Post
I remember at one point in the rankings Scout had them as the #1 and #3 WRs in the country
Best WR tandem I have ever seen in person!

Only HS footage I could find with McDaniel for you....... Some Percy #11, Damon #4, Tyrod #5 & Damon's brother Marquay at Hampton #2

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger

Last edited by shylo3716 : 06-05-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
WarSeminole
Rookie

WarSeminole hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joyner at safety is a great move, for a little guy he hits like a safety and covers like a corner. He'll be a playmaker. The coaches wouldn't move him there if they didn't think he wouldn't help.
WarSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

I read that they are expecting 85,000+ people for the Oklahoma game. God I can not wait for this game. I will be there screaming my head off.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

"Scooter, when ya making your commitment decision! Nole fans like what they're hearing!"

"under armour all american game"-Avery Johnson via FB

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Kelvin Benjamin checked into FSU at 6'6" 230 lbs. Now he's up to 248 lbs and ran a 4.5. He's been dominating 7-on-7. None of our corners can cover him.

Can't wait to see these midgets try and cover him.

Last edited by BigJohn98 : 07-20-2011 at 08:51 AM.
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 PM    (permalink
shylo3716
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Kelvin Benjamin checked into FSU at 6'6" 230 lbs. Now he's up to 248 lbs and ran a 4.5. He's been dominating 7-on-7. None of our corners can cover him.

Can't wait to see these midgets try and cover him.
What jersey # will he be wearing?

Quote:
Newton
Thief +15 swagger
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jernigan is #8 btw.

#3 Duke Blue Devils (5-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Quote:
What jersey # will he be wearing?
He will be #1.