Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 09-12-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The Official Colts 2010 Season Thread - Week 17 (Titans 20 - Colts 23)

Not a good way to start.

I thought we fixed our run defense.

WTF were they doing?

Man, I hope this won't be a season-long problem. AGAIN!

Last edited by MaxV : 09-21-2010 at 06:54 AM.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was depressing. How Phillip Wheeler can still start is beyond me, did we even play D tackles today? I can't recall a single play by Mookie or Muir and MAYBE one by Eric Foster. That was horrific.

The OL was no better either, Peyton's pocket presence and very quick release prevented them looking any worse than they did.

This could be a long old season.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CJ and Diem both were awful at T today. Who ever put Clark in position to block Mario Williams didn't have a clue . . . The D took the entire 2nd half off, reminded me of the gazillion yard game they gave up vs the Jaguars back several years ago. I see no way the O-line can improve enough for the Colts to do much this year. Ugh.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This team won't get far if they continue to get dominated on the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball.

I hope they can fix this problem, fast. Maybe they can mask some of these problems schematically.

Maybe more 2-TE sets on offense and an extra man in the box defensively.
Old 09-13-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the DL will be ok. It was a bad game for sure but I think they can and will bounce back unless someone was injured and we just don't know about it. But I am more concerned about the OL. They are as bad or worse than I expected. CJ and Saturday 100% healthy are not great options and they're the best OLmen on the team. Diem has been losing step every year since 06. We just don't have any good players on the OL right now. I agree we need more 2 TE sets. Eldridge needs to be out there blocking for now. At least until the OL gets healthier and gels some more. Otherwise Manning is not going to make it through this season.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[sarcasm]Soooo Jerry Hughes was impressive last nite[/sarcasm] I will never understand the logic behind that pick. Polian labeled him as a project from day 1. And Donald Brown where art thou? I would have laughed in anyones face if they said Andre Johnson would have 33 yards and we would lose. sigh...

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Default The Manning Bowl

vs.

I hope Big Brother wins again tommorow.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope so too but I am not counting on it. I don't see what the OL could do in a week to be good enough to win this one. I do think the defense will be improved.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-19-2010, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

vs.

I hope Big Brother wins again tommorow.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Colts looked better in every phase of the game last night. Let's hope Denver plays 4 lineman and 1 LB way too long next Sunday.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-20-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agree, the Giants D played into our gameplan quite well. Hopefully the Colts continue to run the ball more so Peyton doesn't get face planted for 4 quarters. Free and Mathis continue to show why the Colts are so difficult to come from behind to win. Good to see Brody get a lot of playing time this week. He doesn't look like a rookie too often.

Last night reminded me why rooting for this team is so much fun, when everything is clicking they are a blast to watch.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It will be interesting to see how Freeney does against that Denver LT that's done so well. I forget his name right now.

i done stole dis sig
Old 09-20-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Some positive signs from yesterday. But there is definitely room for improvement.

Pollak played well. He is showing flashes. I hope he continues to develop.

The rest of the line was kind of so-so. Our running game stopped being productive when the Giants went back to the conventional alignment.

I understand that Saturday and Diem both have had good careers as Colts and perhaps Polian feels loyalty to them, but they are starting to show their age.

We might already have 3 possible replacements for Saturday. Getting a new RT will be more difficult.

As far as Charlie Johnson goes, I think we might as well get used to him at LT. It doesn't look like Polian is in a rush to replace him.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This was a quality road win. But there are still a lot of concerns about this team.

- Austin Collie. It's great to see this young player developing into a very fine NFL WR. Great route running, good hands and can run after the catch.

- What an awesome job on that key 3rd-and-15. If we don't pick that up, Broncos might have tied it.

- Overall, defense didn't have a very good day, but they definitely played at their best in the red-zone. When they needed a stop, they got it. A great goal-line stand.

- Jeff Linkenbach did a fine job filling in for Charlie. Not a bad looking OL, although I doubt that he is our long-term solution at LT.

- Another game, another mediocre run-blocking performance from the O-Line. Something has to change.

- This game kind of exposed our secondary. They are probably a bit overrated. If we aren't getting consistent pass-rush, we are in trouble.

- Way too many missed tackles. That includes guys who are usually sure tacklers.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

The DL needs to stop stunting so much. I think the heat and elevation had some to do with it too but too many times our DTs were looping around and spinning uselessly while Orton waited and waited for a receiver to get open.

Linkenbach is raw but has some good athleticism. I would like to see what he could do in Diem's spot once CJ is healthy.

I wouldn't even call our run blocking mediocre. At least they protected Manning better. Though that has as much to do with the Broncos as it does any improvement from the OL.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-03-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. Any normal game you would win, just got some bad breaks. We can and never have been able to stop Wayne.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Great. Jags offense plays like crap before they face us. 31 points. Horrible game by the D.

Man, this team still has a bunch of holes. Holes that Polian just seems to ignore.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Since 2006:

- The DTs are too small and get pushed back by average OL
- Our CBs give too big of a cushion
- Our midget LBs fall for misdirection and overpursue

Why are we still running this same stupid defensive scheme with the same personnel problems 4 years later? When Dungy was here it only barely worked because he had the ear of the whole team and they played disciplined. It was a bad defense then and now that Dungy is gone the discipline is gone with it. So we have a team that can't stop the run or the pass.

Meanwhile Manning has played maybe the best first 4 games of the season he ever has. His career as a Colt has been largely wasted. He's not even the highest-paid QB anymore, there is no excuse for the team to have a bad defense year after year and an OL that has gotten worse and worse since winning the SB.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-04-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

Agree with ya, lousy O-Line, undisciplined D-line in the running game and no logic for Polian on a number of pics. Caldwell calling a TO on 2nd and 2 didn't help matters. I think in next year's draft, we need to target run blockers, a starting caliber LT and some run stuffing DTs. Bigger LBs would be good too. Making the playoffs with as many holes as this team has will be tough but doable. I'm thinking we're a 10-6 or 9-7 team right now without much improvement.

Realize Polian wanted to surround Manning with plenty of skill position players, but he forgot the bread and butter . .. the O-Line. The whiff picks of Ugoh and Pollack don't help.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm kinda down on Caldwell.

What do you guys think?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:53 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
I'm kinda down on Caldwell.

What do you guys think?
What does he do exactly?

BTW, our problems aren't only personnel. Our defensive scheme is basically a "prevent" defense.

It seems that our defensive coaches get out-coached frequently and rarely make in-game adjustments.

We seem to be very predictable on defense, with obvious weak spots.

Last edited by MaxV : 10-05-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:04 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I don't think much of him right now but I am not ready to fire him.

Last year Caldwell made a bunch of moves that seemed like no-brainers but that Dungy refused to make. Examples:

- Fired Russ Purnell
- Didn't renew Ron Meeks' contract
- Benched a bunch of losers like Ugoh and Pollak
- Made good in-game adjustments

No one is perfect so mistakes are expected. But the timeout at the end of the game was incredibly dumb. If Hayden had caught that INT it still would've been dumb. What really bothers me is that he defended the decision and says he'd do it again. This indicated either an unwillingness to admit mistakes or insanity, and neither is a good option.

i done stole dis sig
Old 10-05-2010, 08:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, I'm pretty sure he would make a different decision (unless, he's REALLY dumb).

He just said it to stand firm in front of the media.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Bullitt likely out for the rest of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5650578

Wow, this is getting ugly. We might be in trouble here.

Who will replace him?
Old 10-05-2010, 08:59 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Well, I'm pretty sure he would make a different decision (unless, he's REALLY dumb).

He just said it to stand firm in front of the media.
If he wouldn't then I don't see any point in saying he would. He is not saving any face, he just looks either stubborn or stupid. Or both, really.

If Bulitt is out for the season we are in big trouble.

i done stole dis sig