Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.
Default Offseason

Well the season officially over...

First thing that needs to be cleared up is whether Marvin is staying or going... I personally wouldn't oppose for him to be resigned as long as he tries to bring in Hue Jackson as OC because word on the street these days is that Tom Cable is done and Hue isn't going to get the HC job there.. If Marvin isn't resigned I think Hue Jackson and Mike Zimmer will be the two options to be HC.

In the draft I have previously shared my opinions on who we should take and they are..

Round 1a : AJ Green, WR Georgia because Jerome now has 2 starts under his belt and has done very well (18 catches 247 yards 3 tds 2 fumbles) but that doesn't constitute handing him the #1 WR position. Bring in AJ Green and have your four WR set as Green, Simpson, Shipley and Caldwell looks decent to me.

Round 1b : Patrick Peterson, DB, LSU because we badly need a playmaker at the safety position... He projects nicely to the FS spot and can also play the slot if need be (like Malcom Jenkins does with Saints)

Round 2a: Rahim Moore/DeAndre McDaniel/Deunta Williams/Jeron Johnson S, Grab the best available safety on the board.

Round 2b: Justin Blackmon/Ryan Broyles/Torrey Smith really hard to say who will be available so just the best available WR

Round 3: I am saying its going to be Greg Romeus and thats who I want there

Round 4: Best available OG

Round 5: Alex Henery or Kai Forbath

Round 6: I believe belongs to Jacksonville for giving us Reggie Nelson for a David Jones (thank you Jesus)

Round 7: BPA
Old 01-03-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FB must be addressed at some point in this draft as we have completely ignored the position since Jeremy Johnson gained 4,000 lbs. I think someone mentioned getting Owen Marecic in one of the later rounds and I'd venture to say that the man is a ******* rock and I'd love to have him to sure up the run game.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Well Marvin has resigned... not against it... word is no deal was done this morning because there was some issues with offensive staff members... press conference at 430 today
Old 01-04-2011, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crites09 View Post
Well Marvin has resigned... not against it... word is no deal was done this morning because there was some issues with offensive staff members... press conference at 430 today
As long as they fire Brats ass i can live with it because Marvin said he would only come back if Mike Brown gave up some control over the team.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
As long as they fire Brats ass i can live with it because Marvin said he would only come back if Mike Brown gave up some control over the team.
Willie Anderson was saying that Marvin Lewis wants full control of player personnel and that was the one of the only ways he would come back... Also don't know if John Thorton was serious or not but he said he was going to join the Bengals staff if Marvin stayed....

Hue Jackson is taking the runs around the league for HC jobs, but I see him being the Rooney run around coach this year... And if Oaklands new HC wants to bring in his own OC we better pursue Hue hard
Old 01-04-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Just some numbers behind Hue Jackson's offense... If we can get him I say we do...

Oakland Raiders 2009 (31st) *under Ted Tollner*

Yards/game (31st)

Yards/play (30th)

Pts/game (31st)

total points (31st)

scrimmage plays (40th)

Oakland Raiders 2010 (10th) *under Hue Jackson*

Yards/game (10th) +33% from 2009

Yards/play (13th) +22% from 2009

Pts/game (6th) +108% from 2009

total points (6th) +108% from 2009

scrimmage plays (10th) +10% from 2009
Old 01-04-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Marvin being resigned is easily the thing that will already ruin this brand new year for me. God how the heck could they justify bringing him back? We are doomed.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalsPwn View Post
Marvin being resigned is easily the thing that will already ruin this brand new year for me. God how the heck could they justify bringing him back? We are doomed.
I only have no hope if they dont dump Brat.

RIP themaninblack
Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I only have no hope if they dont dump Brat.
I second this... Marvin makes his fair share of mistakes... The oline penalties fall down on the oline coach Paul Alexander, Marvin takes the blame but really the oline coach has to be on these guys butts about that

I also do not want Jay Hayes the TE coach back... He just simply cannot coach up a TE
Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want to fall into the trap of now talking Marvin up because we're stuck with him.

So I won't do that. But what I will say is that I have a hard time believing any coach better than Marvin Lewis would sign here and be willing to deal with the crap that goes on here.

Also, I agree with everyone about Bratkowski. However, I've never seen his play book. And I'm not in the booth with him either. he has had some pretty good offenses in the past considering the talent he's had to work with at times.

He's definitely not the best, and I don't see anyone offering him a head coaching job which is a pretty clear cut sign that he's not great for someone who's been coordinating for 10+ years in the same city.

Whatever, I can jump on this bus like I do every year. I'll just believe that Jerome Simpson will change this offense enough to make it watchable. Until he proves he's not as great as he looked at the end of the season, anyways.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Gert Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I don't want to fall into the trap of now talking Marvin up because we're stuck with him.

So I won't do that. But what I will say is that I have a hard time believing any coach better than Marvin Lewis would sign here and be willing to deal with the crap that goes on here.

Also, I agree with everyone about Bratkowski. However, I've never seen his play book. And I'm not in the booth with him either. he has had some pretty good offenses in the past considering the talent he's had to work with at times.

He's definitely not the best, and I don't see anyone offering him a head coaching job which is a pretty clear cut sign that he's not great for someone who's been coordinating for 10+ years in the same city.

Whatever, I can jump on this bus like I do every year. I'll just believe that Jerome Simpson will change this offense enough to make it watchable. Until he proves he's not as great as he looked at the end of the season, anyways.

http://www.tecmobowl-vs-rbi.com/uplo...942093.gif?395

Found Brat's playbook!
Old 01-07-2011, 02:24 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With AJ Green likely being the #1 pickwith Luck not declaring, who becomes your next option? DLmen like Nick Fairly, Da'Qan Bowers? Or DB's like PP or Prince?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson was my #1 in the first place. Still don't think he will be there though for us. This team needs a playmaking FS bad and PP will fit that need well.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did you guys pick up the option for Ocho next season? He's a shell of his former self, expensive, and doesn't fit with the youth movement at WR IMO especially for what he's producing. Jerome Simpson has exploded onto the scene, AJ Green is still a likely pick because Bowers could go #1 overall, let's be honest WR's rarely go 1st so it's far from a done deal.

Shipley is a great slot WR, I just don't see why Ocho is brought back. He made some weird comments about Marvin Lewis, he's not really in sync with Carson anymore, just seems awkward.

What happens if you guys draft AJ Green? Then you have Green, Simpson, Shipley, and where does Chad fit in? You know he's gonna want the ball like the #1 guy no matter what, so I just didn't see the point in bothering with the headache again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Scary View Post
That TE is running to many routes for it to be Brats playbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
With AJ Green likely being the #1 pickwith Luck not declaring, who becomes your next option? DLmen like Nick Fairly, Da'Qan Bowers? Or DB's like PP or Prince?
I think Dline could be possibility, not the popular choice but if we do go Dline I think its Nick Fairley honestly, I don't know why just think it.. PP yes if he is there Prince I don't see it unless they can't re-sign Joseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Why did you guys pick up the option for Ocho next season? He's a shell of his former self, expensive, and doesn't fit with the youth movement at WR IMO especially for what he's producing. Jerome Simpson has exploded onto the scene, AJ Green is still a likely pick because Bowers could go #1 overall, let's be honest WR's rarely go 1st so it's far from a done deal.

Shipley is a great slot WR, I just don't see why Ocho is brought back. He made some weird comments about Marvin Lewis, he's not really in sync with Carson anymore, just seems awkward.

What happens if you guys draft AJ Green? Then you have Green, Simpson, Shipley, and where does Chad fit in? You know he's gonna want the ball like the #1 guy no matter what, so I just didn't see the point in bothering with the headache again.
Well really the option was picked up the first year of the deal when he signed it.... it was a $3.5mill option to his rights for this year, so they can trade him if they want still even thought technically he isn't under contract unless you pick up the $6mill price tag which isn't that much if a team really needs a WR... But they can decide to cut him before a certain date and drop the $6mill cap hit
Old 01-08-2011, 06:24 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

What happens if Simpson or Caldwell get hurt and Green can't pick up the offense?

Ocho isn't as good as he used to be, but I'd rather have him out there than some free agent journeyman we pick up in week 3 due to injury.

Besides, if everything goes perfectly and AJ green is so good that you can't possibly afford to leave him out of the starting line up, then you just trade Ocho.

This is all assuming we draft Green.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Beamer311

I think that we need to get rid of Chad, there is enough depth at WR if we get Green that he isn't a necessity any more, also we all saw how Carson played when he didn't have to worry about giving Chad and TO throws; he was a completely different QB. If we can't get him then we need to get PP, safety has been our biggest problem for years and he could solve it right away.

One thing that I was wondering, we need help at OG, why not move Smith there? To me, he isn't going to pan out at an OT, move him inside where he can either eventually take over for Bobby or fill the hole at LG right away.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bengal's need to move Brat out of town. I'd help pay for his plane ticket and move expenses. I'll vomit if I see him coaching at the Sr Bowl. Saw somewhere that Hugh is being considered for HC at Oakland, hope this doesn't happen.
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Igniter View Post
Bengal's need to move Brat out of town. I'd help pay for his plane ticket and move expenses. I'll vomit if I see him coaching at the Sr Bowl. Saw somewhere that Hugh is being considered for HC at Oakland, hope this doesn't happen.
If Brat Stays i am picking the Bengals to finish 4th in the AFCN. And I figure Most of the Home Games will be Blacked out prolly expect for the Pittsburgh game.

RIP themaninblack