Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-03-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect each & every one of you to be fired up now, and to be here amongst the rest of us Packer brothers. Like real brothers, we often don't all get along.
But at the end of the day, we all bleed green. And gold.
For Christmas, I think we all would trade whatever we got for 4 playoff wins.

That Road Tour starts in the City of Brotherly Hate. If I remember correctly, we had either never won there, or hadn't since like 1961. How fitting, ironic, perfect would it be to start and end the Eagles season with Packer wins in that stadium! That same stadium that caused some of us our deepest Packer heartbreak scares ever...... only until Benedict froze up vs the Giants.

If both teams play to the best of their abilities and lucky bounces and bad calls are non-factors, I have us winning 27-20, which I think was the same score in week one.

But Rodgers will be facing similar pressure as he did this week against the Bears, both in terms of mental and physical, and Aaron didn't look too good, even at home.

And this game is on the road in a very hostile environment. The Eagles defense may not be the Steelers, but they're surely not the Cardinals from the last Wildcard game.

We will need a heavy dose of James Starks in my opinion. Their defense will focus 100% on clogging the passing lanes and applying heat all over from all angles on Rodgers. They will not concern themselves with our run, just like the Giants didn't, and our OL came out pissed off and opened doors for Kuhn, Jackson, and Nance. I think we can gauge them early & often on the ground, and make them change their whole D-gameplan.

However, Clay is not the same Clay as in week 1, and we still barely won. We also do not have Jermichael, Brad Jones, Barnett, Burnett, and they have Vick the whole game (maybe). But we also did not have Erik Walden then!

I'm excited as hell, but already am nervous. Losing in the playoffs when you know your team is good enough to go all the way is like dying.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say Walden is a lot more hit and miss than Zombo, which might be disastrous if he has to contain Vick.

I know you guys were seeing Walden run Cutler to the sideline on a crucial broken play, but I was also seeing Walden lose his contain and shoot inside allowing Matt Forte to run outside for a big gain on the ground- in the exact sort of rock fight you can't afford that particular play.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zycho32 View Post
I would say Walden is a lot more hit and miss than Zombo, which might be disastrous if he has to contain Vick.

I know you guys were seeing Walden run Cutler to the sideline on a crucial broken play, but I was also seeing Walden lose his contain and shoot inside allowing Matt Forte to run outside for a big gain on the ground- in the exact sort of rock fight you can't afford that particular play.
I saw that too, on the big run. He also had another one that he let the edge go for a decent run. Sometimes that's gonna happen with a block from the WR blocking down, but both these times was him doing it to himself..... he's gotta be more careful with Vick there.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:01 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Sounds like CJ might be back! That's great news.... if he can last.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html

Quote:
Jan 5, 2011, 12:31 PM

Green Bay - Defensive end Cullen Jenkins made his long-awaited return to the practice field Wednesday.

It was the first time since Dec. 3 that Jenkins had done anything but stand around with his teammates inside the Don Hutson Center. After missing the final four games of the season with a calf injury, it appears Jenkins will be back in the starting lineup against Philadelphia in wild-card game Sunday.

The Packers were not in pads, but Jenkins did everything his defensive linemen did in practice, including hitting the blocking sled, running through agility drills and taking part in team work. Jenkins said after the Packers' victory over Chicago Sunday, that he was likely to practice this week, but that he still needed to make some strides in his rehab.

He might have been pulling our leg because it didn't appear he was being held back in any way. We don't know how many snaps he took in the team drills because the media isn't allowed to watch those.

Jenkins' return could make a world of difference even for a pass rush.... http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html
Old 01-05-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Sounds like CJ might be back! That's great news.... if he can last.
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/112949949.html
I just fistpumped. Seriously. We NEED Jenkins against Vick. He's easily our most athletic DLineman and he also is hell for those smaller QBs with his ability to jump and knock down passes (which Vick at 6'0 with a sidearm delivery certainly qualifies as.)

Rodgers, Matthews, Jenkins, Woodson are our 4 most important players for this game, in my opinion. Rodgers is obvious and then those are the three guys on D that will be responsible most for Vick's scrambling.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:58 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Rodgers, Matthews, Jenkins, Woodson are our 4 most important players for this game, in my opinion. Rodgers is obvious and then those are the three guys on D that will be responsible most for Vick's scrambling.
I think maybe, Collins and Clifton are equally as important in this particular game as Jenkins is. But let's just hope we don't find out and don't lose any of them.

Classic Woodson here today when he was axed about the Eagles learning from CB Antoine Winfield killing Vick on the blitz and if he expected more focus from the Eagles blocking shemes:

"Any time I'm on the field, I'm getting pointed out for coming on blitzes. So, that won't change. We'll just have to do what we do."

Asked if he thought the Eagles might go to extremes to make sure he gets blocked, Woodson said "No."

"They still have to play their game and we have to play our game," he said. "May the best man win."
Old 01-08-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with 27-17 Green Bay. We've been playing playoff football the last two weeks, whereas Philadelphia lost to Minnesota and then took a week off. I think Rodgers comes out hot, we take an early lead and then hold on for the rest of the game.

Vick will probably burn us for a couple big plays, but for the most part Capers should keep him in check. Philly is going to be worried about both Matthews and the corner blitz.

Masthay having a game like he had last week would be huge.

It sure would be great to never have to hear someone say "but Rodgers doesn't have a playoff win" after tomorrow.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:36 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm getting ansy for the game.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty jacked about this game.... just please, please don't be another heartbreak loss. I can't take one of those.

I do think we match up well with Philly. We should be able to pick apart that defense... if we can semi-contain Vick I think we should win.

PS, if we do win, I can't believe the Bears get Seattle.... come on!

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:48 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lETS GO PACKERS HAHAHHAAHA

ARE YOU ******* KIDDING MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAHHAHAHHAH
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:56 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I'm pretty jacked about this game.... just please, please don't be another heartbreak loss. I can't take one of those.

I do think we match up well with Philly. We should be able to pick apart that defense... if we can semi-contain Vick I think we should win.

PS, if we do win, I can't believe the Bears get Seattle.... come on!
More GREAT LUCK for the Bears.... it's happened all season long. The Super Bowl champs are taken out right before they have to get em.... now they get a 7-9 team that can't beat anyone away from the loud Seahawks Den. Perfect for the Bears...... their lucky season rolls on.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

is it 3:30 yet???

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 12:44 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seahawks beat Chicago at their place already this year. The Hawks aren't good, but they are playing with nothing to lose, and are playing loose, knowing that nobody thinks they can do anything

first things first, Pack need to take care of business
Old 01-09-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Zycho32
Veteran

Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Zycho32 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd get drunk if I could stand the taste of beer. That's how nervous I am.

Only other time I seriously considered getting drunk was facing the 0-15 Lions back in '08 and staring at the possibility of being their first and only win of the season.
Zycho32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Here are the full list of inactives

Quote:
Green Bay Packers:
QB Graham Harrell
FB Korey Hall
G Evan Dietrich-Smith
G Nick McDonald
LB Frank Zombo
NT Howard Green
CB Josh Gordy
S Atari Bigby

Packers RB James Starks is active today vs the Eagles.
Quote:
Philadelphia Eagles:
QB Mike Kafka
T Austin Howard
G Max Jean-Gilles
DT Jeremy Clark
DE Bobby McCray
LB Stewart Bradley
CB Brandon Hughes
S Jamar Adams

Nick Cole will start at RG for Max Jean-Gilles, Jamar Chaney will start at LB for Stewart Bradley

So, Eagles will be without 2 starters. I was surprised that Green is inactive, but you figure the Pack want more speed out there today vs Vick and that offense. Still, they better hope for no Dline injuries during the game. Also, great to see that Starks is active. GIVE HIM THE BALL!
Old 01-09-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so scared. Someone hold me.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:34 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I'm so scared. Someone hold me.
I'm nervous as hell. I can barely watch us LIVE anymore.... might have to TIVO this schit and only watch it if we win... if we lose, I cry and burn the tape.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:37 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I was surprised that Howard Green is inactive, but you figure the Pack want more speed out there today vs Vick and that offense. Still, they better hope for no Dline injuries during the game. Also, great to see that Starks is active. GIVE HIM THE BALL!
Cullen Jenkins BETTER not pull up lame early again, like he did that one game in pre-game warmups.

WE HAVE TO WIN THE TURNOVER BATTLE.
That is my only worry really.
Matt Cassell only threw like 5 INTs all year long and then today was picked off 3 times I think.

We all remember ARODs first playoff pass last year, and his last dropback.

Don't give the Eagles any gifts, contain Vick... don't need to sack him 8 times, just don't let him get any 20+yard runs.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

**** YOU SPECIAL TEAMS GO FNUCKING DIE ****.

I didn't think you could be driven into the ball like that by a blocker, which was clearly the case.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

We just lucked out. Make 'em pay. TDs, not field goals today guys. Come on.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:52 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boolaga vs Graham, good match up.
Old 01-09-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Jennings you have to have that, dude. Come on.;..

Old 01-09-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

DeSean looks like he won't be back. Or he's a huge baby, but he wasn't happy. And that was insanely good man coverage by Shields. He almost had a pick, even. Wow.

Walden looks good. Matthews looks off, locked up and whiffed on McCoy there.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-09-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 01-09-2011, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Nice Run Starks.

Old 01-09-2011, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Give Starks a chance man. Line up and pound it, or at least play action.