Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Do yall think he would make a better fit in Cleveland or Oakland??
Old 03-21-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Cleveland, there an upgrade over Texans, the Raiders are worse and would only completely ruin carrs career.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup Browns maybe Vikings, that sounds good.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland Browns
Old 03-21-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Oakland mention wasn't a bad one, I thought. Al Davis has been wise in giving former 1st round picks, who have been disappointing elsewhere, a fresh start with his team where the world wasn't asked of them. And Carr just may be the ideal quarterback for Kiffin's offense, he's more accurate and throws a better deep ball than Brady Quinn but also potentially has a better head on his shoulders and work ethic concerns than Jamarcus Russell. Just as importantly: (1) Carr doesn't carry the price tag of either Quinn or Russell; and (2) Carr gives the rookie head coach Lane Kiffin a young veteran quarterback to immediately work with, as he tries to revamp the Raiders offense.

For a 4th round pick and two years' worth of base salaries which aren't too costly for a starting quarterback, it might be the best course of action for the Raiders.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made a list of teams that could vie for Carr's services in the other thread:

Oakland
Cleveland
Carolina
Miami

Less Likely Destinations:

Kansas City
Minnesota
St. Louis
Jacksonville
Detroit

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 03-21-2007 at 02:43 PM.
bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I made a list of teams that could vie for Carr's services in the other thread:

Oakland
Cleveland
Carolina
Miami
Detroit

Less Likely Destinations:

Kansas City
Minnesota
St. Louis
Jacksonville
Scratch off Detroit . . . unless we are getting him for free.
Old 03-21-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Carr for the Raiders 4th round pick

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No where. He is no good.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Scratch off Detroit . . . unless we are getting him for free.
I actually meant to put him on the less likely list. However, I still like Carr better than Harrington.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-21-2007, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
No where. He is no good.
Your contributions to this forum are most useless. Do some analysis, or don't post.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:46 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Cleveland was one of the teams that actually shown interest in him durring the teams trade rumors from Phil Savage and co.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Cleveland wouldn't be a terrible option if Kellen Winslow is healthy.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Your contributions to this forum are most useless. Do some analysis, or don't post.
Just stating fact, buddy. Prove me wrong. Tell me about his greatest comback victory. How about his overall W-L record. Anything.....anything at all that says this bum has any NFL QB ability at all?

The fact is bud, that in their wins at the end of the season, Kubiak removed carr from the equation. The running game won for them and carr was not allowed to cost them more victories. THAT is fact.

Once again I state, in the same game, carr zero TD's 5 sacks, Sage 3 TD's zero sacks.

Explain that!!!!!!! I already did. Your turn.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally don't think David Carr is cut out to be an NFL starter. He's the same as Patrick Ramsey was, now, he's gun shy.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
Just stating fact, buddy. Prove me wrong. Tell me about his greatest comback victory. How about his overall W-L record. Anything.....anything at all that says this bum has any NFL QB ability at all?

The fact is bud, that in their wins at the end of the season, Kubiak removed carr from the equation. The running game won for them and carr was not allowed to cost them more victories. THAT is fact.

Once again I state, in the same game, carr zero TD's 5 sacks, Sage 3 TD's zero sacks.

Explain that!!!!!!! I already did. Your turn.
See, that is what I'm looking for. Some actual contribution to the discussion! I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that saying "He's useless" is not valuable at all to this message board.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I personally don't think David Carr is cut out to be an NFL starter.
I agree with that. He's gunshy. Whether it be from taking a consistent beatdown game in and game out, or because he's afraid to take shots downfield for fear of making a mistake, I don't know, but watching him the past 2 season, he seems to be permanently locked in checkdown mode. I'm not sure if a change of scenery will help him.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
I agree with that. He's gunshy. Whether it be from taking a consistent beatdown game in and game out, or because he's afraid to take shots downfield for fear of making a mistake, I don't know, but watching him the past 2 season, he seems to be permanently locked in checkdown mode. I'm not sure if a change of scenery will help him.
It's check-down, or sack, with Carr. On NFL Match-Up they showed plays where he didn't throw to wide open receivers, instead he would hang onto the ball too long. It's atypical of Tedford Quarterbacks. His offense didn't require them to read defenses. So when all these guys hit the NFL, they couldn't adjust.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I'm not certain that Carr is not cut out to be a starter for the rest of his career. I think getting the crap kicked out of you by opposing defenses for 4 years makes you worry about your own safety and health. He has gotten hit (and gotten back up) more than any QB I can ever recall. He still has the physical gifts, but he needs his head on straight. Perhaps a chance to be a backup and learn an offense for a year would be best for him. I'm now agreeing that he shouldn't be a starter immediately in 2007. Maybe a backup and ready to play a few games in with no pressure on him (both media and defensive).

Old 03-21-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

Quote:
See, that is what I'm looking for. Some actual contribution to the discussion! I'm not saying you're wrong. Just that saying "He's useless" is not valuable at all to this message board.
Gotcha. Sorry man but I have been waiting for 4 years for this day and I had to just make a quick joyous post. I now get to see what Andre Johnson can really do.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

To be fair, pal, I'm not certain that Schaub is going to be any better than Carr. Sure, he's a new guy in town, but what has he ever really proven? Nothing more than Carr. Fractional TD/INT ratio, unimpressive passer rating. He brings potential and hope, but no guarantee of anything other than a lot of money in his bank account...

Old 03-21-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kubiak having Carr look over his shoulders and harping in Carr's ear on not making mistakes to the point of having him be too tight on the field didn't help any, and it's not like Carr ever had anyone who could actually get consistent separation from defenders other than Andre Johnson (who unsurprisingly had a Pro Bowl year with Carr) and the runningbacks. Hell, the team just started incorporating the tight end this year since Carr has been there, for crying out loud.

WTF a team is thinking in not giving a young quarterback a tight end he can count on, I have no idea.

Carr can be a starter in this league imo, he just needs to wash himself of the Houston Texans franchise and move on to better coaching and better surrounding talent.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The Texans drafted a TE named Bernie Joppru one year in the first or second round. He was supposed to be really good, but he tore up both knees (3 knee surgeries) and never saw the field. I think that was the only significant TE pickup the team made in its history...

Old 03-21-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Where does David Carr fit? I know I'm gonna get trashed for this comment, but...... Chicago, he's better than Rex and could compete there.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Texans drafted a TE named Bernie Joppru one year in the first or second round. He was supposed to be really good, but he tore up both knees (3 knee surgeries) and never saw the field. I think that was the only significant TE pickup the team made in its history...
owen daniels? he was, staticstically, the best rookie TE last year...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote