Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
zjstratton
Rookie

zjstratton hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

carr can be a starter somewhere, just not for the texans. maybe if had some time to throw then he might have been a better QB. being sacked 250+ times in 5 years, what QB could take that punishment. bring in schaub is a good move, but they must address their offensive line in the draft.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
#1chiefs_fan

I think clevland would be a good place for Carr. There offensive line is hell of alot better than the texans every had. Or possibly Carolina, they currently have no backup behind incosistent Jake Delehomme and he would have all the things he would of dreamed of in Houston. David Carr isn't bad, I live in Houston and if you have ever watched a Texans game, you will know that David Carr was lucky to get 3 seconds to survey the field. In a good suituation, I think he has all the tools to be a above average Qb in the NFL.

Last edited by #1chiefs_fan : 03-21-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On the far side of the bench...
Old 03-21-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would take a chance on him to battle in Cleveland. If that means we are going AP in the draft I'm in.

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im still a David Carr-Houston fan, but those days seem to be coming to a close

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wanna see tapes from his first year in the league, not videos of the now terrified QB once known as David Carr. I think with the right coaching he could be solid.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Personally I think he'd make a nice upgrade over Mchael Vick at the QB position......
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

He needs to go somewhere with an o-line. Hell, he deserves it after 5 years in hell in Texas.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
He needs to go somewhere with an o-line. Hell, he deserves it after 5 years in hell in Texas.
The Browns are actually trying to build a line up there. If they luck out and land Joe Thomas... that'd be a nice place for a QB to go.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Personally I think he'd make a nice upgrade over Mchael Vick at the QB position......
Personally, I don't care what you think, because that doesn't make any sense.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Personally, I don't care what you think, because that doesn't make any sense.
It's called a joke.... Vick is a RB not a QB... haha joke?:roll:
Old 03-21-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hope he comes to Oakland.I still think he can be a starter.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Oaktown1981
Veteran

Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.Oaktown1981 is a cocksman.

Anywhere but Oakland. I think Minnesota or Carolina would be a good fit.
Oaktown1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 11:56 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll be hilarious if Carr moves on and becomes a star, while Schaub languishes in Houston. I think they'll both prove to be quality starters though.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:59 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
The Browns are actually trying to build a line up there. If they luck out and land Joe Thomas... that'd be a nice place for a QB to go.
no thats a lie Cleavland is a bad place for anyone to go, they all develop freak injuries and staph(sp?) infections :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Oakland is a real possibilities for Carr to land. There has been some rumor of Carr being involved in trade talk with Oakland and Randy Moss or draft picks. Kiffin is a huge fan of Carr QB coach from Fresno State and Kiffin wants him in Oakland.

I think Texans have some understanding with some team for Carr deal and as soon as Matt Shaub deal is finalized on Thursday you will soon hear where Carr will go.

Traded - From Oakland to Houston - Randy Moss;
From Houston to Oakland - Carr (proven QB in NFL who was drafted on top of his class, just the kind of man Oakland owners loves to have).

Houston will have all play maker they will need on offense. Change of scenery will be good for both Houston and David Carr.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:42 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if they were smart they would move him to a NFC team and i think thats what they will do. There would be a less chance of Carr facing Houston.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
GadoR'Savior
Rookie

GadoR'Savior needs more cowbell.

No one has mentioned the Packers?? Well i will, he IS Favres replacement, Hopefully they realize this and trade Rodgers for Moss and make a trade to get Carr
Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post
No one has mentioned the Packers?? Well i will, he IS Favres replacement, Hopefully they realize this and trade Rodgers for Moss and make a trade to get Carr
That is not going to happen and Carr has lots of tread worn off his tires after playing behind that offensive line for 5 season. The Moss for Rogers trade is dead in the water.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
A brick wall in front of this guy wouln't help. He would still take off running with his head down, hauling ass towards the sidelines at the count of 3.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GadoR'Savior View Post

LOL. Never seen Carr play have you. If you had, you would not wish that type of punishment of the Packers.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing is for certain. He doesn't deserve to be sent to Oakland. He's been on his back enough during his time in Houston. Minnesota or Carolina would be good fits I think.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:57 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

With Carr's contract, he probably can't be traded. He will be release after June 1st.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:48 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Raiders should trade him and a 4th for Randy Moss and a pick.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...e&type=fantasy

Update: The Texans are finding it difficult to trade Carr, whose base salaries of $5.5 million this year and $6 million in 2008 are making teams leery of trading for him, the Houston Chronicle reports.

Recommendation: Houston's trade for quarterback Matt Schaub from Atlanta spells the end for Carr. If the Texans can't trade Carr, look for the team to waive him and make him free to sign with any team.