Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 01-05-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Who did you want? Who did you think?

Who did you not want, and Who did we actually take?

Just going a few years back.

In 08 I really wanted Sedrick Ellis. However I knew he wasnt going to be there. I knew we were going to take Keith Rivers and I was fine with that, still am.

I remember that I was also really high on Trevor Laws in the second. Thought for sure if he was there we would take him...

There were a few guys I didn't want for sure, Kentwan Balmer, Johnathan Stewert and Rashard Mendenhall were all guys I didnt want for sure. Balmer really wasn't first round talent though I was afraid we were going to trade bake and take him. Also glad we didnt take Derrick Harvey like everyone thought we would.

In 09 I was pretty high on Eugene Monroe, Oher and Alex Mack. Though Mack might seep to the second but deep down knew he wouldnt. Didnt hate the Smith pick but deep down didn't want him. Would have preferred Monroe.

In the second I wante Connor Barwin. Pretty much Figured Laurinaitis and Maualuga would have been gone by that time.

Did not want Knowshon Moreno or Beanie Wells.

In 10 there were two guys I really wanted in the first. One I knew we werent going to get and one I knew we werent going to draft. Earl Thomas and Nate Allen. Nate would have been too early and Earl too late.

I figured we would draft Dez Bryant and I was fine with that...and when we drafted Gresham I was also fine with that.

Guys I didnt want included, Sergio Kindle, Demaryius Thomas, Arrelious Benn, Rob Gronkowski, Taylor Mays, Golden Tate.

Now with 11 getting closer Who do I want? I want Patrick Peterson. Will he be there for us to pick? No, my bet is he goes to Denver. Would we pick him if he were there? Maybe. I don't see us drafting a DE with our first pick but somehow don't believe that a WR will be our first pick either. The Bengals havn't drafted a WR in the First since 2000 and before that 1985. I think in the Marvin Lewis era we have drafted like 10-11 WR's and the highest he has ever drafted one was Jerome Simpson at 46, Washington at 65, Henry at 83, and Shipley at 84. Then again that could be because we werent looking for a number 1. With Chad and Housh there for all of or most of Lewis tenure there was no need to search for a WR with number 1 capabilities.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:17 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Wanted:
2006 - Joseph who we got, Haloti Ngata, Tye Hill (thank Jesus we didn't), Jimmy Williams, Marcedes Lewis
2007 - I was sold on Revis and Reggie Nelson (so I loved the trade with the Jags this year because I love Reggie)
2008 - Sedrick Ellis, Ryan Clady, Jonathan Stewart, Gholston (thought Marvin would love his athletic ability and play LB like Pollack was supposed to)
2009 - Eugene Monroe, Michael Crabtree, Malcom Jenkins, Michael Oher
2010 - Earl Thomas, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Nate Allen

Didn't Want
2006 - John McCargo, Laurence Maroney, Donte Whitner
2007 - Aaron Ross, Leon Hall(just thought he would bust), Jarvis Moss
2008 - Derrick Harvey(had a dirty hate on him)
2009 - DHB, Knowshon, Cushing, Maclin, Harvin
2010 - Sergio Kindle, JPP, Gresham (just thought the value of TE was greatest because we struggle to utilize the TE), Jared Odrick, Derrick Morgan
Old 01-10-2011, 11:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's some really nice talent on the Bengals' defense already right now. How do you guys feel about the fits of PP, Fairley, and Bowers? They all make sense in some respects but I also have minor questions of fit for all three. AJ Green is obviously a possibility also, and with Mike Brown involved I wouldn't be shocked if Cam Newton was in the mix as a bit of a curveball. Nice that there are four really high-level talents in the draft right now and the Bengals will have a shot at one of them though IMO.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
There's some really nice talent on the Bengals' defense already right now. How do you guys feel about the fits of PP, Fairley, and Bowers? They all make sense in some respects but I also have minor questions of fit for all three. AJ Green is obviously a possibility also, and with Mike Brown involved I wouldn't be shocked if Cam Newton was in the mix as a bit of a curveball. Nice that there are four really high-level talents in the draft right now and the Bengals will have a shot at one of them though IMO.
Does not matter who we have because Marvin is still the HC and they have yet to Fire Bratkowski.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 03:10 PM    (permalink
BengalsPwn
Veteran

BengalsPwn needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Does not matter who we have because Marvin is still the HC and they have yet to Fire Bratkowski.

Basically this is all that matters. We are doomed till this changes.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.
BengalsPwn is offline   Reply With Quote