Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-07-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would guess that Bubba Starling is not participating in Nebraska practices that he will be signing with the Royals on August 15th?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:05 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I would guess that Bubba Starling is not participating in Nebraska practices that he will be signing with the Royals on August 15th?
They don't want him to Practice before making a Decision so he won't get hurt if he were to go to MLB. He has until the 15TH to Decide what he is doing.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 01:37 AM    (permalink
jimmy1988

A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife. "the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

fashion-and-high-quality-coach-outlet
coach-outlet-high-quality-with-beautiful-look
coach-outlet-in-the-city
Coach Outlet Have Bags of cheap
Old 08-19-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa.....

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday....rn-hobo-trophy

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol

Old 08-19-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure they changed the rules and the loser now gets the trophy...

....please god, let that be true. That thing is an embarrassment. I hate the state of Iowa so much, mainly for reasons like this.

Even Kirk thinks it's awful...

Quote:
“Quite honestly, it looks like something that somebody made in their basement," Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz told a small group of reporters during a candid moment. "It seems like a Soap Box Derby project or something like that.”
Congrats MSU and PSU, the Land Grant Trophy is now the 2nd most ridiculous looking trophy in the Big Ten.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 08-19-2011 at 06:18 PM.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

The mom is pretty hot, though.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Nobody talks Big Ten here anymore. Here are my conference predictions.

Why is Wisconsin in this division?
Wiscoinsin 7-1 (loss to Michigan State)
Ohio State 6-2 (losses to Nebraska, Wisconsin)
Penn State 4-4 (losses to Wisc, OSU, Nebraska, Illinois)
Illinois 3-5 (losses to NW, Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Minnesota)
Purdue 1-7 (win over Minnesota)
Indiana 1-7 (win over Purdue)

Hey, where's Wisconsin?
Nebraska 7-1 (loss to Wisconsin)
Michigan State 6-2 (losses to Ohio State, Nebraska)
Iowa 4-4 (losses to Penn State, Northwestern, MSU, Nebraska)
Northwestern 4-4 (losses MSU, Penn State, Nebraska, Minnesota)
Michigan 3-5 (losses to MSU, NW, Iowa, Nebraska, OSU)
Minnesota 2-6 (wins over NW and Illinois)

Big Ten winner: Nebraska

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 08-29-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't like the idea of Michigan and Ohio State in different divisions. Wouldn't it add to the rivalry if they were in the same division and a trip to the Big Ten conference championship was on the line?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Eh. I like this version better. If you swap Penn State and Michigan then you have Penn State with all of the western teams, which makes even less sense.

Plus, it's good for the Big Ten if the conference is more than just Ohio State vs. Michigan. Otherwise, we're just like the Big XII.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Eh. I like this version better. If you swap Penn State and Michigan then you have Penn State with all of the western teams, which makes even less sense.

Plus, it's good for the Big Ten if the conference is more than just Ohio State vs. Michigan. Otherwise, we're just like the Big XII.
True. Just crunched the numbers for conference win loss and the Big Ten did achieve a competitive balance by aligning the teams like they did.

Michigan division is at .518 for the overall winning % with conference games

Ohio State division is at .511 for the overall winning % with conference games

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can you imagine what people will say if Nebraska comes in and runs through the Big 10. I can hear the haters already.

I'm pumped were getting a conference title game for my senior year. Just gotta hope we can get there so I can make the trip.

Wisconsin @ Ohio State looks to be the huge game in the that division. Night game at the shoe. Hopefully gameday makes it out there again.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Who cares? Nebraska is a B1G member now, and a top 10 team this year.

Old 08-31-2011, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just looks bad to have someone new come in and win it. And seems likely with down years from many Big Ten teams.

I love the addition, just don't want them winning it year one.

Old 08-31-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

New B1G Championship trophy.

It's not completely moronic! Yay!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:47 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Just looks bad to have someone new come in and win it. And seems likely with down years from many Big Ten teams.

I love the addition, just don't want them winning it year one.
I want them to Win it all but then again I am a Nebraska Fan and my opinion is a little one sided. the Big 10 gave Nebraska a really tough Schedule and we face all the best teams in the Conference.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyz View Post
I want them to Win it all but then again I am a Nebraska Fan and my opinion is a little one sided. the Big 10 gave Nebraska a really tough Schedule and we face all the best teams in the Conference.
Its definitely a nice little welcome to the Big Ten slate.

And the trophu looks pretty cool. Just hoping I get to go watch the Buckeyes in the game.

Old 10-30-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Soooo...who had Penn State being on top of the conference at this point? I honestly didn't think they'd win 8 games this season much less be up 2.5 games with 3/4 weeks to go.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well they've beaten Indiana State, Temple, Eastern Michigan, Indiana, Iowa, Purdue, Northwestern, and Illinois. Zero good teams. Their next three games are Nebraska, @Ohio State, and @Wisconsin. They're not gonna win another game this year. Their defense is good I'll give them that.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Psh....Penn State could easily beat Ohio State. Not to say they will, but let's not get cocky here Buckeyes fans after beating one good team.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not saying they can't, but they won't. not unless somehow bauserman finds his way into the game despite being currently 3rd string.

Buckeyes beat Wisconsin, should've beat Nebraska, have a good defense, and look a lot better on offense with Mike Adams and Boom Herron in there. Plus Miller finally looks comfortable passing the ball after the bye week. Not saying they are a great team, but Penn State isn't a good team either and won't win in the Shoe.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Well it didn't take long for the old Buckeye fans to come back.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

i think this has more to do with how not good penn state is rather than how good ohio state is. illinois just about beat the nits yesterday in happy valley. they've beaten nobody with a pulse.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I don't think Penn State is anything special, and they will probably be dogs in their next 3 games.

They could easily beat OSU and win the division still, I just don't think it'll happen. I really don't think they're very talented.

Love the chances of the Buckeyes still finding a way to win the division and play in the Big Ten title game. Divisions look like they're going to be a great thing in terms of keeping teams in competition for the title where as before OSU starting 0-2 in the conference they wouldn't have had much of a shot at the title at all.

Still gotta get through 4 conference games and have Penn State lose to Nebraska or Wisconsin, but it's not an unreal thing at all. And no, this isn't an old OSU fan coming back, this is an OSU student that never gave up on this team and posted at the possibility of winning the division before the Wisconsin game.

I'm personally loving the possibility of having a Michigan vs. OSU Big Ten title game.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:45 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Michigan would have to lose to Ohio State, and at 2 losses they would have almost no shot in the Legends division.