Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-05-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
that's ridiculous. osu wasn't a good team this year but conference usa? we might not have gone undefeated but we would've won that silly conference. losing close games @miami, @michigan, @nebraska, vs michigan state, vs penn state, and @purdue is one thing. losing against the likes of southern miss, memphis, marshall, uab, and tulsa is another. it is laughable to compare houston's schedule to a big ten or acc or pac 12 or big 12 team's. the cougars probably win 7 or 8 games tops in one of those leagues.
1) You barely beat Toledo, who couldn't win the MAC.

2) You lost to Purdue, who lost to ******* Rice, one of the worst teams in C-USA.

3) Miami wasn't close. And Miami sucks. They wouldn't win C-USA this year either.

Listen to your own fans and stop being arrogant fools. Ohio State sucked this year, and there's no way they could have put together an 11-1 season, even against lesser competition.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 11:05 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the losing to a team who lost to a team argument has always been a fallacy in college football. there was no game this year ohio state played in that they didn't have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. i never said osu didn't have a ****** year, but comparing the Big Ten to CUSA is a ******* joke. just because minnesota is CUSA quality doesn't mean the rest of the league is.
Old 12-05-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the losing to a team who lost to a team argument has always been a fallacy in college football. there was no game this year ohio state played in that they didn't have a chance to win in the 4th quarter. i never said osu didn't have a ****** year, but comparing the Big Ten to CUSA is a ******* joke. just because minnesota is CUSA quality doesn't mean the rest of the league is.
Good. I was waiting for the lame Minnesota reference. I actually grew up in Ohio, but decided I didn't want to be another Wal-Mart Buckeyes fan.

You're missing the point, which isn't a surprise, you almost always do.

The Big Ten was clearly a superior conference, but that doesn't make every team in the Big Ten better than every team in CUSA. Ohio State sucked this year, far more than Houston and Southern Miss.

You lost to Purdue. A team that loses to Purdue isn't going to run the table in any half-decent conference.

Congrats on almost winning lots of games this year.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:38 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The real point was that Houston's schedule this year was awful and not comparable to Penn State's schedule. They lost to Wisconsin, Alabama, and Nebraska. The best team Houston beat was 6-7 UCLA. Ohio State sucking this year had a lot more to do with playing a tough schedule than Southern Miss and Houston being good this year had to do with them having really talented teams. They were basically Northwestern and Iowa type teams playing inferior competition. You replace Nebraska, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and MIami with Marshall, UAB, Tulsa, etc. and the team wins ~10 games and all of the sudden they don't suck b/c they played a weaksauce schedule? It's a total joke.

Losing to Purdue is one thing. Having to play teams as good as or better than Purdue every single week is different. Ohio State lost to an even worse Purdue team in 2009 and then we went on to win the Rose Bowl and Big Ten Title that year.

Last edited by keylime_5 : 12-05-2011 at 11:41 AM.
keylime_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fear the elf View Post
I respect you guys, and love OSU too, but you sound like wannabe SEC homers right now. We were not good the first half of the season. Like, at all...

EDIT: By the way, I'm not meaning to imply that we couldn't have won Conference USA; I'm simply saying that the way you both are dismissing those teams as if it would be a forgone conclusion is a mistake.
I'm not dismissing them, I do think it a bit far fetched to say we couldn't have won the conference, would we have definitely? No. Probably? Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
1) You barely beat Toledo, who couldn't win the MAC.

2) You lost to Purdue, who lost to ******* Rice, one of the worst teams in C-USA.

3) Miami wasn't close. And Miami sucks. They wouldn't win C-USA this year either.

Listen to your own fans and stop being arrogant fools. Ohio State sucked this year, and there's no way they could have put together an 11-1 season, even against lesser competition.
I think that we all need to calm down here first of all...

Second, we did lose to Miami in a bad game (I think I broke out the Captains before the start of the fourth quarter)

The Purdue loss was not pretty, we should have scored more and our D should have played better but in the end it came down to execution on special teams not blocking for an extra point. It's not excusing the loss but I wouldn't exactly see C-USA teams keeping it as close as they did.

Toldeo was not pretty either but in the end it was a win and thats all I'll say

With the coaching we might have struggled in C-USA, I don't think it would be a foregone conclusion that we would lose though

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 12-05-2011 at 12:10 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
The real point was that Houston's schedule this year was awful and not comparable to Penn State's schedule. They lost to Wisconsin, Alabama, and Nebraska. The best team Houston beat was 6-7 UCLA.
The best team they beat was Tulsa. But even more importantly, they won 11 games, which is difficult to do no matter your competition. Ohio State, given their performance throughout the year, could not have pulled that off.

Quote:
Ohio State sucking this year had a lot more to do with playing a tough schedule
No. Ohio State lost to numerous mediocre/bad teams, and they barely beat Toledo. Also, of the 6 games they won, only one of them was against a top team, so you could flip your argument and say that the only reason Ohio State managed to win 6 games is because they beat easy teams.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

A team like Ohio State or Florida who won 6 games and was bad this year by Big Ten, SEC power conference standards being able to win 10 or 11 games with the same weak schedule Houston played is very debatable.

You can talk all day about who we beat (wisconsin was a great win), but the fact is OSU beats Michigan if Miller doesn't overthrow Posey on the last drive, OSU beats Purdue if they don't get the XP blocked, OSU had a big lead on Nebraska before Miller got hurt. They had a chance to beat Penn State. They lost to MSU at home by 3. What is Houston's record if they have to play @Michigan, vs Michigan State, vs Wisconsin, vs Penn State, @Purdue, @Illinois, @Miami this year? They don't win 11. They might win more than 6, but no more than 7 or 8.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

All they need to do is win 7 to be better than Ohio State, which is my point.

Old 12-05-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The problem is... who cares?

The fact is that we aren't in C-USA and will never know. It would have been very up in the air, we could have won and we might not have. I'm not exactly proud of that and would really like to just forget this season and move on with Meyer.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

just b/c they could have won 7 games in the Big Ten doesn't mean Ohio State couldn't win 10 or 11 games in CUSA though. OSU easily could have won 2 more games this year. Two plays were the difference between 6-6 and 8-4 for them this year between the missed TD pass to Posey in Ann Arbor and the blocked XP against Purdue.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
The problem is... who cares?

The fact is that we aren't in C-USA and will never know. It would have been very up in the air, we could have won and we might not have. I'm not exactly proud of that and would really like to just forget this season and move on with Meyer.
I agree. If I was an Ohio State fan I wouldn't waste much time arguing about the degree to which my team sucked this year (because no matter how you break it down, they sucked).

Old 12-05-2011, 03:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I never said they didn't stink, I said Conference USA stinks because it does.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man stinking is an understatement we sucked more black **** than a ******* prostitute in vegas dude.

Our run defense gave up like 25.4 yards per carry and our secondary at times looked straight up tarded. In addition to extreme inexperience at WR, and QB. what the **** everyone would expect this year? ohh... NATIONALZZZ TITLEZ CUZ ITS OSU!!1111

On a side note, and this does not include you lime - I think it's hilarious how so many ohio state fans get so hostile when someone says they blow. It's like they cover their ears and start going "LALALALALA" I can't hear you! but you?! whoever your team is, they suckzzz. osuzz plays the best footballzz evrrz.

I'm so ******* sick of how spoiled our fanbase has become.

/end rant.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Man stinking is an understatement we sucked more black **** than a ******* prostitute in vegas dude.

Our run defense gave up like 25.4 yards per carry and our secondary at times looked straight up tarded. In addition to extreme inexperience at WR, and QB. what the **** everyone would expect this year? ohh... NATIONALZZZ TITLEZ CUZ ITS OSU!!1111

On a side note, and this does not include you lime - I think it's hilarious how so many ohio state fans get so hostile when someone says they blow. It's like they cover their ears and start going "LALALALALA" I can't hear you! but you?! whoever your team is, they suckzzz. osuzz plays the best footballzz evrrz.

I'm so ******* sick of how spoiled our fanbase has become.

/end rant.
I really hope your not pointing at me here, I like to think I am a realist when it comes to the Buckeyes... I don't even think we should be in a bowl game this year...

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Oh I can get pretty hostile. We are very spoiled. Urban Meyer is only gonna make it worse.

We deserve this though. Most of us are Cleveland sports fans. There'd be too much misery to handle if Ohio State wasn't what they are.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Oh I can get pretty hostile. We are very spoiled. Urban Meyer is only gonna make it worse.

We deserve this though. Most of us are Cleveland sports fans. There'd be too much misery to handle if Ohio State wasn't what they are.
Yea being a Cavs and Indians fan kind of sucks, luckily I was out of Ohio by the time the Browns moved and didn't feel as shafted because they moved closer to me so I'm still a Ravens fan

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 12-06-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweater-vest_mafia View Post
I really hope your not pointing at me here, I like to think I am a realist when it comes to the Buckeyes... I don't even think we should be in a bowl game this year...
I'm not pointing at you. Or anyone off the top of my head. My family is a bunch of the traditional fans. By that I mean they're all wearing scarlet glasses. BP has massive homers. ******* massive. Like I said, wasn't pointing at you man. I was just ranting and I guess that conversation just sent me over the edge. It seems like when someone says osu blows the fans have an immediate reaction to be like **** you, we're ohio state, rather than just suck it up and agree.

Jeff Demps and Rainey are going to make us look so ******* stupid. ****.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 12-06-2011 at 12:14 PM.
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State has dismissed DB Dominic Clarke for recent arrests and DB Derjuan Gambrell for violation of team rules.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote