Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 06-06-2011, 10:38 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since he was released I don't think we get any comp picks. Only players lost to free agency result in a pick. I think he was released with the idea of re-signing him to a lesser contract, but he got a good offer from SD.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning is winning the ESPN vote of best quarterback with 44%. Brady is in second with 33% and Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees round out the rest.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 12:46 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Because he's the BEST. I hope his new contract doesn't cripple the team though.

i done stole dis sig
Old 06-29-2011, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Because he's the BEST. I hope his new contract doesn't cripple the team though.
If anything his new contract should help the team (at least this year). Currently Manning is due to get a cap hit of about $23M. That would put the Colts cap at around the $120M mark. By resigning him to a long term deal that number probably drops $7-8M, giving them more room to resign the likes of Addai and Vinatieri.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Peyton Manning is winning the ESPN vote of best quarterback with 44%. Brady is in second with 33% and Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees round out the rest.
I find debates over who the best QB in the league is to be comical. If you ask any knowledgeable person who isn't a pats, saints or GB fan they will tell you Peyton Manning hands down, if you ask the players and coaches themselves, there is nothing scarier than Peyton with the ball in his hands.

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kind of starting to worry about how the lock out is gunna affect our team...

We have two rookie tackles coming into the fold and they haven't even been able to take a look at the playbook yet. Considering the number of audibles and protection audibles we use in our offense I am worried this lack of study time may make them ineffective as starters on our team.

We brought these guys in to help keep Manning upright but if they are blowing protection assignments they wont be of much use. Considering Manning's recent neck surgery, this is a major problem. Also factor in that this teams window may be closing, this lockout could hit the Colts hard, especially if it lasts into training camp.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 07-08-2011, 01:57 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

SVM, your sig is disgusting but you make good points. Though I am guessing Saturday, Diem, or even Manning himself has been in contact with the new tackles and has given them playbooks and some instruction. That doesn't replace coaching but I don't think they'll get to camp completely unprepared.

I am more concerned about the DT and SS positions. IMO we need at least one impact free agent at either position, preferably both. At DT we really need a 4-3 NT to rotate with A Johnson. Aubrayo Franklin or Brandon Mebane would be great. At SS we need a guy that can play in the box so Bethea can get back to breaking up passes and causing turnovers instead of doing two jobs at once. But with such a short preseason our options are going to be limited. I was hoping for DeAndre McDaniel as the SS of the future. IMO with a full offseason he would've been the next big Colts undrafted free agent. But with no time and possibly no initial contact made at all, we will probably just see Melvin Bullitt or possibly a high-priced vet.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

HAHA the sig is loud and proud

I certainly hope that you are right about the players being in contact, and if there is anyone who would almost be as good as being in contact with a coaching staff its Saturday and/or Manning.

I agree that the shortened offseason should have an impact on UDFA but it also may have an interesting impact on free agency, especially the part being discussed about teams being aloud to match offers on up to 3 free agents. Might see some interesting "poison pill" clauses

... but in regard to us, I do see us going the seasoned vet route. I think I would love to see Zibikowski if the Ravens let him go. He can play in the box and drop back if needed, and could add something to special teams and also he might not cost as much as some of the other guys out there.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 07-20-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

So does having a little less than $3 mil to play with under the new cap about to be implemented hurt our chances of signing said free agent safety? We still need to sign Manning as well as our rookies. Looks like Addai will most likely have to go (not upset about this, just saying)

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not so sure I trust any of these numbers. Read somewhere that we'd have about $8M left after signing all FAs worth keeping. Last time there was a cap, it was $129M I believe. At that time, we had Sanders, Lilja, Brock, & Marvin Harrison's dead cap space with us. Since then, only Bethea's gotten a new high-price contract. Not to mention Diem can be released & Hayden could/should be restructured if need be.

I realize that contracts fluctuate yearly, but until it happens I'll be under the impression that we can keep the players that are worth keeping and maybe have some wiggle room to bring in some moderately priced FA.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'm not believing anything I read about the Colts' cap situation until the CBA is signed and details about the new cap are released. I've read huge variations in cap space for the Colts, from $3M to over $50M.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is where I have the Colts now, estimating what the 2011 Cap hits will be. The Rookie contracts, as well as new contracts, for this year and last year are estimates as I can't find breakdown of new contracts. The hits are $M, with the hits in brackets being those under contract but not counting against the Cap (only the top 53 contracts count against the cap). All told it puts the current cap at $116.72M. This isn't completely accurate but it does say to me that the Colts will have to restructure some deals or cut some players to resign key free agents. As soon as Manning's contract is signed I imagine the number will come down give us some space. Similarly Diem is due $5.4M next season and neither has the skills or the ability to stay healthy to deserve that. Hayden won't be touched this year as he still has about $8.85M of guaranteed money against his cap hit. It means that to cut Hayden would only net a saving of under about half a million dollars.

Peyton Manning - QB - $23.00 - Franchised
Curtis Painter - QB - $0.50

Donald Brown - RB - $1.65
Delone Carter - RB - $0.45 - Rookie
Javarris James - RB - $0.41
Devin Moore - RB - $0.41
Joseph Addai - RB - UFA
Mike Hart - RB - RFA
Dominic Rhodes - RB - UFA

Reggie Wayne - WR - $6.19
Pierre Garçon - WR - $0.58
Austin Collie - WR - $0.59
Anthony Gonzalez - WR - $1.50
Blair White - WR - $0.41
Taj Smith - WR - $0.41
Chris Brooks - WR - ($0.3)
Kole Heckendorf - WR - ($0.3)

Dallas Clark - TE - $7.72
Brody Eldridge - TE - $0.45
Jacob Tamme - TE - $0.66
Rob Myers - TE - ($0.3)
Gijon Robinson - TE - RFA
Tom Santi - TE - RFA

Anthony Castonzo - OT - $1.59 - Rookie
Ryan Diem - OT - $5.40
Jeff Linkenbach - OT - $0.41
Joe Reitz - OT - $0.41
Mike Tepper - OT - ($0.3)
James Williams - OT - ($0.3)
Casey Bender - OT - ($0.3)
Michael Toudouze - OT - ERFA

Mike Pollak - OG - $0.92
Ben Ijalana - OG - $0.88 - Rookie
Jacques McClendon - OG - $0.51
Jaimie Thomas - OG - $0.41
Charlie Johnson - OG - UFA
Kyle DeVan - OG - RFA

Jeff Saturday - C - $4.88
Jamey Richard - C - $0.57

Dwight Freeney - DE - $16.13
Robert Mathis - DE - $4.35
Jerry Hughes - DE - $1.56
John Chick - DE - ($0.3)
Eric Foster - DE - RFA
Keyunta Dawson - DE - UFA

Fili Moala - DT - $0.87
Ricardo Mathews - DT - $0.42
Drake Nevis - DT - $0.52 - Rookie
DeMario Pressley - DT - $0.48
John Gill - DT - ($0.3)
Daniel Muir - DT - UFA
Antonio Johnson - DT - UFA

Kavell Conner - WLB - $0.42
Clint Session - WLB - UFA

Gary Brackett - MLB - $4.40
Cody Glenn - MLB - $0.48

Pat Angerer - SLB - $0.74
Philip Wheeler - SLB - $0.64
Nate Triplett - SLB - $0.41
Tyjuan Hagler - SLB - UFA

Jerraud Powers - CB - $0.65
Kelvin Hayden - CB - $9.06
Justin Tryon - CB - $0.56
Jacob Lacey - CB - $0.48
Cornelius Brown - CB - $0.41
Kevin Thomas - CB - $0.52
Chris Rucker - CB - $0.36 - Rookie
Terrence Johnson - CB - ($0.3)
Jordan Hemby - CB - ($0.3)
Mike Richardson - CB - RFA

Antoine Bethea - FS - $7.75
Chip Vaughn - FS - $0.41
Brandon King - FS - $0.41
Ken Hamlin - FS - UFA
Al Afalava - FS - ERFA

Mike Newton - SS - $0.41
David Caldwell - SS - $0.41
Melvin Bullitt - SS - UFA
Aaron Francisco - SS - UFA
Jamie Silva - SS - RFA

Brett Swenson - K - $0.41
Adam Vinatieri - K - UFA

Pat McAfee - P - $0.41

Justin Snow - LS - $0.94

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:08 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

It's disgusting how overpaid Hayden is. I wonder if the Colts try to restructure his contract. He's made a lot of money sitting on his ass.

Diem has to be cut. He's not due any guaranteed money and even if he were getting $1M his on-field performance wouldn't warrant it.

Also, I love Freeney, but damn his cap hit is enormous. I hope he is worth it this year. I hope the coaches know how to utilize him and the other players around him. I hope they get a NT that can command more than a single blocker so Freeney is not constantly doubled and tripled.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 07-21-2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Here is where I have the Colts now, estimating what the 2011 Cap hits will be. The Rookie contracts, as well as new contracts, for this year and last year are estimates as I can't find breakdown of new contracts. The hits are $M, with the hits in brackets being those under contract but not counting against the Cap (only the top 53 contracts count against the cap). All told it puts the current cap at $116.72M. This isn't completely accurate but it does say to me that the Colts will have to restructure some deals or cut some players to resign key free agents. As soon as Manning's contract is signed I imagine the number will come down give us some space. Similarly Diem is due $5.4M next season and neither has the skills or the ability to stay healthy to deserve that. Hayden won't be touched this year as he still has about $8.85M of guaranteed money against his cap hit. It means that to cut Hayden would only net a saving of under about half a million dollars.

Peyton Manning - QB - $23.00 - Franchised
Curtis Painter - QB - $0.50

Donald Brown - RB - $1.65
Delone Carter - RB - $0.45 - Rookie
Javarris James - RB - $0.41
Devin Moore - RB - $0.41
Joseph Addai - RB - UFA
Mike Hart - RB - RFA
Dominic Rhodes - RB - UFA

Reggie Wayne - WR - $6.19
Pierre Garçon - WR - $0.58
Austin Collie - WR - $0.59
Anthony Gonzalez - WR - $1.50
Blair White - WR - $0.41
Taj Smith - WR - $0.41
Chris Brooks - WR - ($0.3)
Kole Heckendorf - WR - ($0.3)

Dallas Clark - TE - $7.72
Brody Eldridge - TE - $0.45
Jacob Tamme - TE - $0.66
Rob Myers - TE - ($0.3)
Gijon Robinson - TE - RFA
Tom Santi - TE - RFA

Anthony Castonzo - OT - $1.59 - Rookie
Ryan Diem - OT - $5.40
Jeff Linkenbach - OT - $0.41
Joe Reitz - OT - $0.41
Mike Tepper - OT - ($0.3)
James Williams - OT - ($0.3)
Casey Bender - OT - ($0.3)
Michael Toudouze - OT - ERFA

Mike Pollak - OG - $0.92
Ben Ijalana - OG - $0.88 - Rookie
Jacques McClendon - OG - $0.51
Jaimie Thomas - OG - $0.41
Charlie Johnson - OG - UFA
Kyle DeVan - OG - RFA

Jeff Saturday - C - $4.88
Jamey Richard - C - $0.57

Dwight Freeney - DE - $16.13
Robert Mathis - DE - $4.35
Jerry Hughes - DE - $1.56
John Chick - DE - ($0.3)
Eric Foster - DE - RFA
Keyunta Dawson - DE - UFA

Fili Moala - DT - $0.87
Ricardo Mathews - DT - $0.42
Drake Nevis - DT - $0.52 - Rookie
DeMario Pressley - DT - $0.48
John Gill - DT - ($0.3)
Daniel Muir - DT - UFA
Antonio Johnson - DT - UFA

Kavell Conner - WLB - $0.42
Clint Session - WLB - UFA

Gary Brackett - MLB - $4.40
Cody Glenn - MLB - $0.48

Pat Angerer - SLB - $0.74
Philip Wheeler - SLB - $0.64
Nate Triplett - SLB - $0.41
Tyjuan Hagler - SLB - UFA

Jerraud Powers - CB - $0.65
Kelvin Hayden - CB - $9.06
Justin Tryon - CB - $0.56
Jacob Lacey - CB - $0.48
Cornelius Brown - CB - $0.41
Kevin Thomas - CB - $0.52
Chris Rucker - CB - $0.36 - Rookie
Terrence Johnson - CB - ($0.3)
Jordan Hemby - CB - ($0.3)
Mike Richardson - CB - RFA

Antoine Bethea - FS - $7.75
Chip Vaughn - FS - $0.41
Brandon King - FS - $0.41
Ken Hamlin - FS - UFA
Al Afalava - FS - ERFA

Mike Newton - SS - $0.41
David Caldwell - SS - $0.41
Melvin Bullitt - SS - UFA
Aaron Francisco - SS - UFA
Jamie Silva - SS - RFA

Brett Swenson - K - $0.41
Adam Vinatieri - K - UFA

Pat McAfee - P - $0.41

Justin Snow - LS - $0.94
Isn't there a rule that only the Top 51 contracts count against the cap?

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's disgusting how overpaid Hayden is. I wonder if the Colts try to restructure his contract. He's made a lot of money sitting on his ass.

Diem has to be cut. He's not due any guaranteed money and even if he were getting $1M his on-field performance wouldn't warrant it.

Also, I love Freeney, but damn his cap his is enormous. I hope he is worth it this year. I hope the coaches know how to utilize him and the other players around him. I hope they get a NT that can command more than a single blocker so Freeney is not constantly doubled and tripled.
If Diem isn't guaranteed anything, that's $5.4 million right there. Get Manning to sign a cap friendly deal and Hayden to restructure and you're in business for free agency.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
Isn't there a rule that only the Top 51 contracts count against the cap?
It might be 51. I went with 53 because that's the number on a roster but it may be 51.

Old 07-21-2011, 11:11 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairly sure it's 53. Hayden being the 3rd highest payed player is a little disgusting. That and the Sanders contract were the two I disagreed with over the last few years.

If we can get Manning's cap hit down to $20M & cut Diem, that should give us around $15M in cap room. Leaning towards letting Session test the market now to save money. Was really hoping we could keep Addai, bullit, C & A Johnson, and still get a FA.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I'd say sign a couple of the high end UDFA SSs and LBs and let both Session and Bullitt test the market. Spreading the money out evenly to get a bunch of decent, solid players is a boring way to lose football games. I'd rather go young and lean at a few positions and bolster some others like DT and SS. No-namers at LB will look a lot better with a top DT in front of them.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Let's remember that Kelvin Hayden signed a new contract where he was coming off a stellar season. Excluding one game against the Lions, where the entire defence seemed to not show up and he was beaten a couple of times by Megatron, one for a touchdown, Hayden averaged less than 20 yards per game allowed and didn't give up a Touchdown.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Let's remember that Kelvin Hayden signed a new contract where he was coming off a stellar season. Excluding one game against the Lions, where the entire defence seemed to not show up and he was beaten a couple of times by Megatron, one for a touchdown, Hayden averaged less than 20 yards per game allowed and didn't give up a Touchdown.
And since then he's been injured or unimpressive.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-21-2011, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
And since then he's been injured or unimpressive.
That's the problem. He has been either injured or playing while hurt. But there have been times over the last two season when he has shown the level of ability and form that he showed before that contract. We need him to stay healthy because when he is healthy he is one of the top cover 2 corners in the league.

Old 07-21-2011, 01:26 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I still question whether any cover 2 corner is worth the contract he got.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-21-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much would it save us to cut Saturday?

He's massively overpaid now too.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

I agree but there's no way it happens.

i done stole dis sig
Old 07-22-2011, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post

About $2.4M. They'll never do it. Manning would throw a bit of a hissy fit not to mention the PR aspect of it. Let's remember to the average fan and those who don't really watch football Jeff Saturday was a pro-bowler last year. The team cut a pro-bowler to safe only a small amount of cap. Oh it just happens to be the team's union representative. It would make the team look petty.