Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 08-02-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang we are just stocking up on a bunch of nobodies on defense. Rather then fix at least one problem with a capable player we are stocking up on several awful players. Quality not quantity.

Ready to watch teams run all over us again this year?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't help but wonder what they could've done with the money they're going to pay Diem, Sims, Anderson, and Harris. It would help to know how much each will get this year, obviously.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Those aren't my biggest worries. I think the D-Line will be a solid unit for us, even if Harris or Anderson don't pan out. As long as Johnson stays healthy. He's the only true NT.

Sims is a good signing, I think. He and Session are pretty much the same. Both are athletic and hit hard, but instincts are questionable.

My biggest worry is the O-Line. As of right now Jeff Linkenbach is our starting LT. Now, I've mentioned earlier that I was no fan or Charlie, but I was more comfortable with him then with Linkenbach at that spot.

And then there is Diem on the other side and Saturday in the middle.

It's a mess.

Castonzo and Ijalana better learn VERY quickly.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if they need to simplify the offense to get the rookies up and going they should. In this case talent outweighs experience in terms of the results. Who cares if Diem knows every play if he can't handle his assignment?

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-02-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Dang we are just stocking up on a bunch of nobodies on defense. Rather then fix at least one problem with a capable player we are stocking up on several awful players. Quality not quantity.

Ready to watch teams run all over us again this year?
They're grabbing guys who could have a breakout year on the cheap. I know Anderson only got vet minimum, and I'd be surprised if Harris or Sims got anything more. If any one of these three somehow puts it together, that's an instant upgrade.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Wonder if they could work out a trade with the Lions for Corey Williams or even Sammie Lee Hill. No good 1-techs left out there in free agency.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-03-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little worried that the additions of 2 d-linemen will cost us Rico Mathews.

I was actually very impressed by him last season. He has good ability.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I'm a little worried that the additions of 2 d-linemen will cost us Rico Mathews.

I think he will stick, he's the only guy that I think could rotate with Mookie.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Over the last 5 or so years the Colts have held between 9 and 11 Defensive Linemen. In that period the average as been somewhere between 9 or 10. There are currently 15 Defensive Linemen on the roster. 5 or 6 of them have to be cut. I think we all expect John Chick, David Bedford, John Gill and Ollie Ogbu to be cut. That means there are only 1 or 2 guys to go between Matthews, Pressley, Anderson or Harris. One of those guys will definitely go and then it will be a battle between another one and a 7th Linebacker.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well, let's see:

DE:
Freeney
Mathis
Foster
Hughes

DT:
Moala
Johnson
Nevis

That's 7.

I think Anderson will definitely have a spot. He hasn't developed as a pass-rusher like was expected, but he actually does a good job vs. the run. Plus he is versatile, which Colts like.

Can they fit both Harris and Mathews after that?

Sig by Primetime21
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, let's see:

DE:
Freeney
Mathis
Foster
Hughes

DT:
Moala
Johnson
Nevis

That's 7.

I think Anderson will definitely have a spot. He hasn't developed as a pass-rusher like was expected, but he actually does a good job vs. the run. Plus he is versatile, which Colts like.

Can they fit both Harris and Mathews after that?
If they only bring forward 6 linebackers. Brackett, Angerer, Sims, Conner and probably Wheeler are safe. The last two spots in the Front 7 will be between Harris, Mathews, and the UDFA Linebackers.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There should be room on the roster to carry 10 d linemen. Maybe some get inactived, but should be able to keep everyone we want to keep.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:30 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any Safeties left?

I know there is Donte Whitner and Brodney Pool.
Is Bernard Pollard still out there? From what I have heard Pollard and Whitner are both good in run support but struggle in coverage. I don't mind that though. I just want someone to help in the run.

Any chance we still go after one of these guys?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:59 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_pjqCTdtIA

Here is an undrafted free agent WR David Gilreath we have picked up. Seems to have good instincts in YAC. He isn't afraid of stretching out for catches.
Thought I would just share these highlights.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-04-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
Are there any Safeties left?

I know there is Donte Whitner and Brodney Pool.
Is Bernard Pollard still out there? From what I have heard Pollard and Whitner are both good in run support but struggle in coverage. I don't mind that though. I just want someone to help in the run.

Any chance we still go after one of these guys?
Unfortunately we are probably doomed to seeing Bullitt penciled in as the season starter opposite Bethea. We already picked up an UDFA at the position and I would assume that the front office considers the position, as such, to have been addressed as sad as it may sound

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Our best hope is that either Lefeged or Chip Vaughn knock Bullitt out of the starting spot.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Our best hope is that either Lefeged or Chip Vaughn knock Bullitt out of the starting spot.
I'm not sure either of those are an upgrade over Bullit. I guess I just need to cheer on Melvin.

Btw, did Hayden find a home?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Old 08-05-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Not yet. Hope he comes back cheaper.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-05-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not yet. Hope he comes back cheaper.
could give him an incentive based contract that would give him the money he was due to make before if he performed up to it/played. Probably better than the low end contracts he would get from other teams.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 01:19 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I hope this is a sign of things to come from these players.

http://www.coltzilla.com/off-season-...ed/#more-13302

Sig by Primetime21
Old 08-06-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am cautiously optimistic about a Harris/Nevis tandem at DT. Nevis is a lot bigger than I thought he was, I had this impression that he was only about 6'1 and just under 300 but he is a solid 6'2 and 310. I shouldn't expect anything from either player so I'm not going to. But it would be a hell of a thing if either became a starter considering conventional wisdom puts Moala and Mookie at those spots.

I just have a hard time imagining Harris staying healthy. Maybe now that he can play inside and not on that pig slop Soldier Field his legs can stay healthier longer.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-06-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am cautiously optimistic about a Harris/Nevis tandem at DT. Nevis is a lot bigger than I thought he was, I had this impression that he was only about 6'1 and just under 300 but he is a solid 6'2 and 310. I shouldn't expect anything from either player so I'm not going to. But it would be a hell of a thing if either became a starter considering conventional wisdom puts Moala and Mookie at those spots.

I just have a hard time imagining Harris staying healthy. Maybe now that he can play inside and not on that pig slop Soldier Field his legs can stay healthier longer.
I am certainly optimistic about Nevis. Was almost as dominant as Fairley in the SEC last year despite what the #'s say and seems to have bulked up plus he should be a really good fit in our system.

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 08-07-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What I didn't like from recent reports was that Hughes abused Ijalana.

Sig by Primetime21
Old 08-07-2011, 12:18 AM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ijalana is in day 6 or so of his career. I wouldn't worry too much yet. The drills they're doing tend to favor the defense as well. It's also possible that Hughes will be a worthwhile pass rusher this season. Have to wait for a pre-season game or two to get a real sense of these guys.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Ijalana has a big jump to make from Villanova to the NFL. Also, Hughes isn't as bad as a lot of Colts fans think he is.

i done stole dis sig