Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-05-2015, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Did the Lions get robbed????

For once I tend to agree that the possibility of a conspiracy looked possible. The NFL wanted the Cowboys in the final group, it would add millions of fans to the semi final game and mean a huge TV contract down the road. Add in that Jerry Jones has a huge say in the current NFL and it looks very suspicious.

It was obvious pass interference, without any doubt, and even the NFL spokesman for referees admitted it was clearly pass interference. To just pick up the flag turned the game into a joke. To compare it to supposed PI's where no flag was even thrown, is utterly ridiculous.

The announcers said it was PI, the Referee in Chief for the NFL said it was PI and the referee who threw the flag thought it was PI.

It sure leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 01-05-2015, 08:55 PM    (permalink
bigredballer
Rookie

bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.bigredballer is a cocksman.

Yes, they got the wrong end of a terrible call/reversal. Not to mention overlooking Dez Bryant being on the field without his helmet after the fact screaming at everyone he could. However, I find it hard to believe that the NFL would maneuver for a TV deal that expires in 2022 (8 years away!) It's entirely more likely and plausible that the refs just messed up one play in as many ways as possible.

The fact is the Lions still had enough chances to win the game. They even got the ball back with a chance to win the game. Where did the offense go after the 1st quarter? Get any 1 stop on 4th down in the 4th quarter and it's likely over. Go for it on 4th down instead of punt. Don't shank the punt. Etc. It's almost like Schwartz's Lions played the second half.

I agree it sucks and it was a terrible situation, but it's not the only reason we lost. Hopefully we can keep some of our integral pieces, come back next year learning from this, and put the petal to the metal for 4 quarters.
bigredballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:55 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like conspiracy but this one just came off differently to me. I am disgusted with how it happened but I am not going to call conspiracy. Incompetence and a home field affect seems more reasonable to me. Regardless, this will take some time to get over. Especially as we will see some big names leave our team this year.
Old 01-12-2015, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw way too many holds allowed by Dallas. Lions Dline abused them and they just decided to allow holding to happen especially on the last TD drive.

Refs were incompetent though, not really a conspiracy.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote