Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-20-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's huge!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff. Good job Mayhew.

Edit- Usually if the agent got a big deal the numbers are leaked. I think its a good sign we don't know the contract details yet.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Scotty D : 03-20-2012 at 03:38 PM.
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're in discussions to bring back Kevin Smith now. I almost forgot about needing to retain him. Not that I anticipate a problem there.
Old 03-20-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he mentioned he only wants to play in Detroit.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayhew doing a great job bringing the core back. Draft should be interesting. I wonder if we trade up for BPA.
BRAVEHEART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lions signed LS Don Mulhbach yesterday. Today they brought back Will Heller,TE and signed Everette Brown, DE.

Backus's deal ended up being a lot less than 10 million. Something like 2 yrs 6 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-22-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Lions signed LS Don Mulhbach yesterday. Today they brought back Will Heller,TE and signed Everette Brown, DE.

Backus's deal ended up being a lot less than 10 million. Something like 2 yrs 6 million.
Backus deal was awesome. 2.6 cap nubmer this year, 3.5 next year. That's super cheap for a LT. Backus and Hill gave us hometown discounts I think.

And Tulloch was only 5 year 25.5 million, 11 guranteed. Well under Jacksons 5 year 44 million and even AJ Hawks 5 year 33 millin. Great job Mayhew and Lewand.

Excited about Everette Brown. Hope he ends being like Lo Jack(6.5 sacks his first 2 years with Seattle), Brown (6 sacks his first 2 years with Carolina)
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Would anyone trade a 3rd round pick for Jon Stewart? He's on the last year of his deal. He'd bring some stability to the RB corps. I've been screaming about using so many early round picks on RBs but I might do it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-23-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^^ Yes, I would do that. But it might only take a 4th. Carolina isn't exactly in a position of power when teams know they won't keep all 3 of those RBs.
Old 03-23-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing I'd be concerned about is his being in the last year of his rookie contract. Adding him would mean we'd have to immediately restructure his contract. I'd just assume bring on a young guy to compliment LeShoure, someone like...say LaMichael James?
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteinebach View Post
The only thing I'd be concerned about is his being in the last year of his rookie contract. Adding him would mean we'd have to immediately restructure his contract. I'd just assume bring on a young guy to compliment LeShoure, someone like...say LaMichael James?
Lol, oh boy. I brought that up 3-4 pages back, the response was mixed but I have now switched my opinion and say no way on James.

Man, Jon Stewart would be awesome. I say pull the trigger if Best is gonna be done for his career. Otherwise, healthy Leshoure and Best would be able to carry the load.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

James = Best

My caveat to saying I'd take that deal for J. Stewart is that they'd have to doubt Best would stay healthy and contribute.

I could handle going into next season with Leshoure, Best, Kevin Smith and a late-round RB selection.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are pretty well done with FA. We are simply out of money to bring in any big names like Stewart.
We are ready for a serious Super Bowl run and should battle Green Bay and the Giants for the privilege.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Yeah, having retained everyone of note, the team's young core should progress simply through experience and they'll automatically be no worse than last year. Throw in a contribution from Fairley and Leshoure this season, plus a draft class that should focus on secondary and offensive line and the Lions will be positioned to win a playoff game this year.
Old 03-25-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I have a feeling Atogwe will be a Lion early next week. 1 year at 2 or 2.5.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-25-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage
Rookie

Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fred Savage is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Yeah, having retained everyone of note, the team's young core should progress simply through experience and they'll automatically be no worse than last year. Throw in a contribution from Fairley and Leshoure this season, plus a draft class that should focus on secondary and offensive line and the Lions will be positioned to win a playoff game this year.
Agreed, Fairley started to look very good late in the year, hopefully he stays healthy. Also, from what I saw it looks like our schedule next year is a lot easier than last.
Fred Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Eric Wright's contract could help us get a decent compensatory pick next year. Haven't really brought in anyone to off set it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-26-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Eric Wright's contract could help us get a decent compensatory pick next year. Haven't really brought in anyone to off set it.
Good call. But that'd be for next year's draft, wouldn't it? Or am I mistaken?
Old 03-26-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Good call. But that'd be for next year's draft, wouldn't it? Or am I mistaken?
Yeah for next year. It'd be probably be a 4th rounder if no one is brought in.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Yeah for next year. It'd be probably be a 4th rounder if no one is brought in.
They got Lacy and Evertte Brown though. No where near the same contract for Lacy 1 year 1.3 million but he could do well enough to lower the pick or take away the pick with Brown in the mix too.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The contract has to be at least $1 million for it to even be taken into consideration. One $1.3 million contract shouldn't be enough to bump it down.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lions have done fabulous work in free agency again. As a Lions' fan, it's so nice to finally be able to appreciate a really savvy front office and coaching staff in Detroit.

As far as James is concerned, that's exactly what I'd see him as...a replacement for Jahvid Best. I think Best is near and dear to many of our hearts, but reality says he's never gonna be a long term solve. He's had 6 major concussions in his football career. That's about all you get.
Asteinebach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Stanton's deal cancels out the Lacy deal.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2012, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Rotoworld says the Lions have an offer on the table for Ryan Grant, RB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-03-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Quote:
Rotoworld says the Lions have an offer on the table for Ryan Grant, RB.
Yeah, I've heard the same thing. But the Packers have stated they want Grant back, and he was on the Green & Gold show today talking about wanting to re-sign with the Pack. I don't think he signs with Detroit. Does anyone know if Ronnie Brown got a deal yet? I'd still like to see him come to Detroit, and he's a UFA this year. I'd also be interested in Jerious Norwood or Derrick Ward.

OJ Atogwe is still a UFA as well, I wonder what's delaying him? He was a big name in free agency just last year, right? Maybe he under-performed, maybe he wants too much money. But if he's still out there, the Lions should be putting an offer on the table.