Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-11-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Not necessarily just here, but I've seen Packers fans talking about how they now have a new found running game and **** because Starks had a good game against an Eagles D that sucked ass. Now it will probably help open up the PA Pass, but I really think he's barely going to be a factor.
I think that's more ESPN than Packer fans. Everyone on there is acting like he's Ryan Grant in '08. Grant did that for half a season, Starks did it for two games.

I do think he can contribute and be a factor, but he's not going for 100 again. I could see 15 carries for 50 yards, which frankly should be enough anyway. If we have even the slightest bit of a running game our offense can produce.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In the first matchup, the Packers' inability to run the ball and convert on 3rd-and-short and 4th-and-1 situations was the difference in the game. Even if Starks doesn't explode for 100+ yards again, any kind of contribution from him will be significant, especially considering the abysmal performance in the running game during the first time the two teams played.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Keys to the Game

1) Offensive Line play

We saw what a 6th rounder can do with a little bit of room to run. We need to keep ARod upright and keep the offense in rhythm.

2) Front Seven on Defense

Actually make tackles and BJ if you could just annihilate the opposing center that would be great.

3) No Turnovers

We got lucky that we recovered most of our fumbles against the Eagles, we need to hold on to the football.

4) Special teams

Brandon Underwood please remember back from high school what happens when you touch a punt...That was just frustrating...But honestly, the kick coverages have to be there. Jarret Bush has found his niche; it is on special teams.

If we do those things I say we win. If we don't it will be like a lot of the weeks the Packers have played; heart attack city.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not necessarily just here, but I've seen Packers fans talking about how they now have a new found running game and **** because Starks had a good game against an Eagles D that sucked ass. Now it will probably help open up the PA Pass, but I really think he's barely going to be a factor.
the only factor it will have is in the first quarter where the Falcons' coaches will have some sort of respect for Starks and his play will determine if the coaches keep an eye on him.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I see all this mentioning of this team bringing their A game and that team bringing there A game...let me tell you something. If the Falcons bring their A game (more likely than the Packers bringing it due to the bye), there is no way the score is going to be up in the 30s. If the Falcons are clicking on all cylinders
Insert Packers in the place of Falcons.

You can say those things about any team in almost any game.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Insert Packers in the place of Falcons.

You can say those things about any team in almost any game.
Not necessarily. I'd imagine if the Packers were bringing their A game they'd be putting up high point totals and holding the other team back on O.

He's just saying that if we bring our A game and score over say 21, you'll have no chance. And that's simply because our A game means that our drives take forever and a day and leave very little time for the other team to respond. (This isn't saying that if we score over 21 and we win. We are going to win if we can dominate the TOP like we usually do. The Packers have to stop that to win.)
Old 01-12-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not necessarily. I'd imagine if the Packers were bringing their A game they'd be putting up high point totals and holding the other team back on O.

He's just saying that if we bring our A game and score over say 21, you'll have no chance. And that's simply because our A game means that our drives take forever and a day and leave very little time for the other team to respond. (This isn't saying that if we score over 21 and we win. We are going to win if we can dominate the TOP like we usually do. The Packers have to stop that to win.)
Meh, maybe. We did that to the Patriots and they still beat us. Our offense is explosive enough to score over 21 even in a landslide TOP against us. That is, when our WRs aren't dropping wide open TDs.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I really dont know what to think but if we lose a heartbreaker again I may have to find a nice bridge to jump off of. :D
Well, it will be a crowded *** bridge, and we all know the routine by now.
Every single loss since the Tampa Bay loss last year has been either by 4 points or less, or the final play of the game (Arizona OT).
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 02:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Meh, maybe. We did that to the Patriots and they still beat us. Our offense is explosive enough to score over 21 even in a landslide TOP against us. That is, when our WRs aren't dropping wide open TDs.

And there's where our defense comes in. While it's not pretty yardage wise, we don't allow the big play and don't allow much scoring. You've got to beat us at our own game.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone mentioned to me that in our 6 biggest road games this year (Philly, Chicago, NYJ, Atl, NE, Phi), that we have dominated in terms of time of possession and yards.
The thing that killed us was either turnovers or penalties, or special teams.

We can whip anyone anywhere. Can we get the win though?
Old 01-15-2011, 06:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

wow, 3 days since any packer fan posted in this official game thread?

nobody here looking forward to this ballgame tonight? what the **ck.

i'm nervous as sch*t!
not because i don't have confidence, i do.

but because it's totally out of our hands, and i feel like this is a game that the refs and the way the oblong ball bounces will decide who lives and who's season ends. just like the first game in atlanta.

i really want to get up on these guys as we did philly, 14-3, but then i want to step on the pedal, as we did in philly when james butterfinger jones refused to accept the 21-3 lead.

my viking fan buddy predicts packers 35-14. dear God, make him a psychic this one time please thank you.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited to see what Capers gameplan is against Matt Ryan and Michael Turner today. With Matthews, Jenkins, Raji, and now Walden not having to worry about a mobile quarterback like Vick they should be able to pin there ears back and get after the QB. Of course this all hinges on stopping Turner, and I'm sure Capers is going to have something for that, because if we can stop him, or at least slow him down, we'll be able to disrupt there entire game and put the pressure on Matt Ryan to beat Aaron Rodgers and the packers offense, and I like our matchup there.

I don't know I'm just rambling, it's going to be a great game either way.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:12 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it game time yet?

tjsunstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:16 PM    (permalink
hoekd0250
Rookie

hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hoekd0250 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i have been wondering in the first match up we saw mccarthys offensive gameplan was to come out with a no huddle offense do u think that he will do the same thing again today and try and speed up the game or use a more even slow key pace? and i believe we might see that okie look they use a five front defense to stop turner as we saw in the saints falcons game if u keep turner stopped it stalls the whole offense as ryans a great playaction passer that can keep a drive going in short yardage but when having to go back into shotgun and make plays from 2or3 and long he cant seem to stablize the offense. and i know walden had a great game i think zombo would be a better fit as he is more stable against the run game and doesnt break gap contain to the outside i think hes actually better then mathews in that way or run contain although he does lack effiecent pass rushing skills
hoekd0250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we really need to run blitz early on. I have faith in our corners abilities to keep their WRs in check on long plays, but if they get that running game rolling they're going to gobble at the clock. We also need to make sure one of our safeties, and not a backer, is getting the assignment to cover Tony G.

Also, read an interesting article the other day that said the reason we didn't challenge the 4th down (no) catch is because Atlanta slows down the feed of it's internal camera system to by the time our booth guys got footage of the play Matt Ryan was already snapping the ball. To prevent this from disadvantaging their team, they immediately put any questionable plays on the big screen.. where the 4th down catch was notably absent.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

28-20 Packers
Old 01-15-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Also, read an interesting article the other day that said the reason we didn't challenge the 4th down (no) catch is because Atlanta slows down the feed of it's internal camera system to by the time our booth guys got footage of the play Matt Ryan was already snapping the ball. To prevent this from disadvantaging their team, they immediately put any questionable plays on the big screen.. where the 4th down catch was notably absent.
That's been talked about a lot this week. TT and Russ Ball were already down in Atlanta making sure everything was set up right.

I'm not too confident about this game, but I do think we'll win it. Rodgers put together a very clutch touchdown drive last time in Atlanta. I see him doing the same, but getting the win.

27-26 Packers

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:45 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Changing my prediction, I dont' think the Pack will put up 30+ on the Falcons D

I'll go with Pack 28 - Falcons 24. This time, the offense runs the clock out instead of leaving it up to the D to ice it
Old 01-15-2011, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhhhhhhhhh hour and a half to go

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are the Inactives:

Quote:
Atlanta Falcons:
QB John Parker Wilson
CB Brian Williams
LB Spencer Adkins
OT Garrett Reynolds
OG Mike Johnson
DE Lawrence Sidbury
DT Trey Lewis
TE Michael Palmer
Quote:
Green Bay Packers:
QB Graham Harrell
S Atari Bigby
RB Dmitri Nance
FB Korey Hall
CB Josh Gordy
LB Frank Zombo
OG Evan Dietrich-Smith
OG Nick McDonald

Quinn Johnson will start at FB in place of Hall, and Walden will start in place of Zombo
all the talk this week made it seem like Bigby and Hall would have been able to go, guess not

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-15-2011 at 05:53 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

May the best team win.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Ohhh boy, real nervous right about now
Old 01-15-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Our WRs make me want to vomit. **** you Jennings.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

You know they're going to run. THEY'RE GOING TO RUN. WRAP UP, GET HIS LEGS, TACKLE.

Sweet. We're down 0-1 in the turnover battle, we've allowed the run to kill us and get a TD, and we're down early. Three things we needed NOT to happen to win.

If Jennings ***** up again in this game, I'm done with him. He'll officially overtake Jones as my least favorite Packer's WR.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Well, said they can't have any turnovers, and they have one on their very first drive, on a big freakin play nonetheless. Atl then takes it down and scores a TD

thats killer. Can't have this crap on the road