Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of these games make me nervous. Playoffs are another animal. I think the Packers are more talented than Chicago, but divisional games are ALWAYS competitive
Old 01-15-2011, 10:27 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I like both matchups for next week, but playing the Bears would make me nervous. The idea of letting the Bears win the NFC is scary. If Seattle wins tomorrow, I'll be ecstatic.
The thought of the Seahawks hosting the NFC Championship game makes me sick. If they lost to the Rams in week 17 they'd have been picking 8th overall...
Old 01-15-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Hell ******* yeah!!!

I'd much rather face the Bears. We know them and we know Soldier Field.
If it the other option was the Saints I'd agree with you. However there is no question I'd rather face the Seahawks than the Bears. I think it's crazy that you think otherwise. Aaron Rodgers would destroy Seattle's defense worse than he did to the Falcons tonight.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
The thought of the Seahawks hosting the NFC Championship game makes me sick. If they lost to the Rams in week 17 they'd have been picking 8th overall...
The thought of Seattle being the only team between us and the Superbowl makes me salivate.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I live in Seattle. There's a legit chance I could snap tickets. Please, PLEASE hope the Seahawks beat the Bears.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not getting too cocky. The Pack seem to follow up big games like this with letdowns the next week

I'm just gonna enjoy the win tonight and then worry about the rest later
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm not getting too cocky. The Pack seem to follow up big games like this with letdowns the next week
Yeah, like after the Giants game. And after the Bears game. And after the Eagles game.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I'm just gonna enjoy the win tonight and then worry about the rest later
The thing that makes me not worry as MUCH about a letdown is we've done this four times in a row without a letdown. We've been in the playoffs for four weeks and this was by far our best game so far.

And you gotta love Rodgers getting pissed at Nelson at the end of his last series when he got sacked and Nelson ran the wrong/a bad route.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:45 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, like after the Giants game. And after the Bears game. And after the Eagles game.
lol!

We're hitting our stride and hitting it when it counts. Thats all that matters.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy ******* ****. whatagame!
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't play very well vs the Bears. Didn't play well in the 2nd half vs the Eagles

I'm confident in this team, but I can't help but stay reserved and cautious. Just my nature, man

Glad that the game is out of the way. Got the next 2 days to just relax and not worry about anything

Last edited by BloodBrother : 01-15-2011 at 10:52 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:59 PM    (permalink
TimmG6376
Veteran

TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimmG6376 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks man. ATL will be good for a long time with Matt Ryan at QB
Matt Ryan will be just fine, he just needs more weapons. You can bet this won't be the last duel between Ryan and Rodgers.

Until the end of the first half this looked like it was headed towards another nail-biting ending.

The turning point was the INT for a TD at the end of the half. Rodgers following that up with a TD to start the 3rd just made it even harder for a Falcons team build to play ball control football.

Still not feeling all that confident if the NFC championship comes down to needing Crosby to hit a clutch FG.
TimmG6376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could not have asked for better so ****ing pumped! Time to avenge our NFCCG a few years ago and bring back home that SB trophy where it belongs.

I dont think any of us could have imaged this outcome the way the season was unfolding as guys dropped like flys. It really speaks to the foundation and depth this team has. They need to get a CBA done so bad to squash any chance of a lockout. Just imagine how good this team should be next year. It will suck massively to miss any games/season because of a lockout.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Could not have asked for better so ****ing pumped! Time to avenge our NFCCG a few years ago and bring back home that SB trophy where it belongs.
Slow down. Still have to beat the Bears or Seahawks and then probably either the Steelers or Patriots. Either of those games would be, by far, our toughest of the year.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

he's got the belt
Old 01-16-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow......

Now, I agree playing Seattle compared to the Bears would be great. The Bears, for some reason, seem to put a clamp on our offense. They're a good defense. True, the refs did hand them the first win this year, there's no denying that. We were the better team that game.

But they shut us down in week 17 and they present a problem with Peppers and that DL, and Urlacher and Briggs and the LB crew.

I still don't know how the Pats beat them there like 41-10... we should be able to as well then.

That would be the perfect, ideal dream script though wouldn't it? Winning IN CHICAGO to go to the Super Bowl. Perfect.

One step at a time......
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:17 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Slow down. Still have to beat the Bears or Seahawks and then probably either the Steelers or Patriots. Either of those games would be, by far, our toughest of the year.
I know im just excited after tonight! This team can definitely win the SB but either way we have a tough game next Sunday and then hopefully one down in Dallas.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I know im just excited after tonight! This team can definitely win the SB but either way we have a tough game next Sunday and then hopefully one down in Dallas.
I'm already here dog!
I'm waiting for the Packers to arrive.

I'd like that chick's canalopes to arrive too, that you have in your avy.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Now the Packers (12-6), seeded No. 6 in the NFC, will play at 2 p.m. next Sunday in the NFC Championship Game against the winner of the divisional game Sunday between second-seeded Chicago (11-5) and fourth-seeded Seattle (8-9).
Old 01-16-2011, 12:36 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

An extra day of rest!
Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Atleast we can all easily enjoy tomorrows games now. It would have sucked watching them had we lost tonight knowing our team was done.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2011, 12:58 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Yup. Add in that monday is a holiday and its an extra day of rest/partying

the NFC Game starts at 10 AM for me, so I'll just be waking up and just sitting back and seeing who the Pack will face
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yup. Add in that monday is a holiday and its an extra day of rest/partying

the NFC Game starts at 10 AM for me, so I'll just be waking up and just sitting back and seeing who the Pack will face
I want all of us just to stop for a moment and consider this season. No team has ever had as many IR'd starters as us and won more then 6 games. Ever. Period. Fact.

Remember early in the year? Grant going down? Finley? Barnett? Burnett? The trepidation over our secondary that has become as good as any part of this defense?

We've had amazing games this year and some stinkers, but we lost 6 games by a total of 20 points. And now, minus our star RB, star TE, starting MLB, starting OLB, starting SS we are going to be favorites in the NFC Championship Game. (There's no way the oddsmakers or most analysts pick Chicago or Seattle over us after we shellacked the Falcons and beat the Eagles, the trendy NFC pick.)

Aaron Rodgers posted an all-time great postseason performance today. You cannot play the QB position better then he did. We didn't punt the ball once, he was perfect on 3rd down and perfect in the redzone. I repeat. PERFECT. No incompletions, 4 TDs.

When you look at this team. You look at the ages of the players and the ages of our rising stars and the people coming back. Suddenly you start wondering how good this team can become and how the adversity of this year has set us up to have immense success over the next 5+ years and likely be regarded as a top 5 team in the NFL for a while to come.

I think you could easily make the argument that going into next year that team will easily be our best team on paper. Win or lose next week, our future looks bright.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:08 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, 3 things.

1 I was in Vegas as a birthday vacation and caught the game somewhere in the 1st quarter, score 0-0 --maybe that makes me a little biased
2 I've never seen a quarterback play better than Aaron Rodgers did ever in my life - the ridiculous stats don't even tell you how ridiculously awesome he was on film
3 Mike McCarthy, Dom Capers, Aaron Rodgers, Ted Thompson, if we keep those 4 in the organization we are a dynasty

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

Quote:
If it the other option was the Saints I'd agree with you. However there is no question I'd rather face the Seahawks than the Bears. I think it's crazy that you think otherwise. Aaron Rodgers would destroy Seattle's defense worse than he did to the Falcons tonight.
Just like Brees and the 3rd ranked pass offense destroyed them?