Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

View Poll Results: Who to take?
Ryan Mallett 5 29.41%
Blaine Gabbert 2 11.76%
Jake Locker 2 11.76%
Cam Newton 0 0%
Marcel Dareus 3 17.65%
Robert Quinn 2 11.76%
DaQuan Bowers 0 0%
Julio Jones 1 5.88%
Prince Amukamara 1 5.88%
Other 1 5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default With the 8th pick of the 2011 Draft....

Who do you want with our first pick at this point?

To keep it realistic I'm automatically not including A.J. Green, Patrick Peterson and unfortunately Nick Fairley since he definitely played his way out of our reach last night.

So let us know, and if you choose "other" tell us who!

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 01-11-2011 at 03:27 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcel Dareus is my pick for now. I would obviously like Bowers, but I dont see him making it out of the top 5. Just two guys to keep a eye on are Stephen Paea and Cameron Jordan. I could see both becoming top 15 prospects because of solid tape, and I would exepct both to have really a good combine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for Qbs, I honestly wouldn't be outright against any of the four. This has to be one of the more talented QB classes in quite a while (physically). I really can't choose one I would want more than the other.... but something in the back of my head thinks Locker is the safest of the picks, although its nothing more than a gut feeling. And if there was one QB I can't see us taking it would be Cam Newton. Right or wrong I don't think that the titans would touch him with a 10 foot pole, because even though he isn't VY, its impossible to not see a little Vince in him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want us to go after someone like Kolb or Flynn in the off season and go Defence first pick.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if babin is not retained, then i take either quinn or bowers, with quinn being my personal favorite. then i also look to add a dt to the roster (albert, anyone?).

if babin is retained, then i take marcel dareus, as long as he's graded that high.

i am undecided on the quarterbacks right now, haven't seen enough of them to make a fair judgement yet.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:01 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fairley... :'(

I like Mallett the most at QB, so since QB is our #1 need, I voted him.

As far as DE's, I think Robert Quinn and Aldon Smith fit our DL better than Bowers. Super smooth pass-rushers like Kearse. But Bowers could have a KVB impact. Bowers kinda scares me for some reason. He, like, waddles to the QB. It's weird. A DE is big if Babin leaves in FA (which would be a mistake on both's parts, so hopefully he stays). We'll then have a healthy Derrick Morgan and Babin as our 1's, and Hayes and probably Ball as our 2's (I think Ball is a FA too. I know Ford is and he can walk). If Babin stays, then pass on DE.

I wanted Fairley cause of my mancrush on him, not really because I want to address the position. I still want to add one at some point to replace Haye. Not a huge Dareus fan, but I dislike all Bama players, so I'm mega bias. I still think we need a CB, so if Amukamara is BPA, I'd be good with him. I think we can go CB later on though.

Definitely go OG/C in RD 2 since that's where they'll be had.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 07:24 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought about putting Aldon Smith in the poll but balked at the last second.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:33 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As Far as Qb I think Mallet is the best he has the strongest arm he just needs to study more and he could be a top QB Newton is too similiar to Vince and Locker did nothing but prove that he is a 3 year project..i think quinn and bowers would be gone however if i had to choose id take bowers over all of them he reminds me of peppers and thats a beast....how about we get asumagh or however u spell his name and not worry bout CB with him and the bully finnegan out there
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

New Titans fan...welcome.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Titansfan123
Rookie

Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titansfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thank u if we dont sign babin then dline will be a lock at 8
Titansfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My list

1. Peterson
2. fairly
3. Quinn
4.Bowers
5. Newton

I think Mallet is Derek Anderson
Old 01-15-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
My list

1. Peterson
2. fairly
3. Quinn
4.Bowers
5. Newton

I think Mallet is Derek Anderson
Nah, more like Ryan Leaf.

Anyways, the only way I see us drafting Peterson or Amukamara is if there is a new CBA in place so we could trade Finnegan for a pick.

There's no way the Titans are letting Babin walk so that will eliminate DE.

Fairley, Gabbert and Newton will be gone when we pick. (Even if Newton is available, the Titans won't touch him.)

I like Dareus but I don't see the Titans taking him in the end.

Ryan Mallett fits our system, but I think character issues will keep the Titans from picking him.

Thus by my calculations, the Titans pick at number 8 will be.......

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 01-15-2011 at 07:10 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:46 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

For some reason I get a slight hard on when I see Jake Locker...I think he has some outstanding tools and got screwed by his decision to go to Washington...
Old 03-21-2011, 12:23 AM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blaine Gabbert or Newton

If we go a different way, then I don't care because the talent at the D line and LB in this draft is great, I would be happy with one of the big guys from the SEC or a LB

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote