Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-14-2011, 01:38 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was born May 21st, so I was always on the cut off of Gemini and Taurus. Now I'm a Taurus. Big ******* deal. Who buys into this stuff anyhow?!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 10:58 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I was born May 21st, so I was always on the cut off of Gemini and Taurus. Now I'm a Taurus. Big ******* deal. Who buys into this stuff anyhow?!
The problem with all of it is that it's incredibly broad and people don't look at themselves without bias. They'll pick and choose things that they like about their personality and completely ignore other things.

I've always been fascinated by personality type classifications, even if I don't necessarily believe in it. Every Zodiac sign has three subsets, all of which share similarities but can remarkable differences. So, really, anybody can honestly fit into any sign if you research deep enough into it.

More fascinating to me is Jung's personality type classification. It's far, far more accurate, and it's rooted more in real, scientific observational study and honest examination of oneself. Even that one, though, is really, really hard to figure out. You have to take the personality test multiple times because how you might feel on a particular day can completely change the outcome of your result. You also have people not answering honestly. For example, it seems like every loner person on the internet classifies themself as an INTP, despite only 1% of the population actually falling under this classification (it's the really socially awkward geniuses who are lost in their own thoughts at all times, like Einstein, Newton, etc). But every person on the internet sees themselves as INTPs, because they have a very high opinion of their own intelligence, have little "real world/common" sense, and have zero social skills other than pecking at a keyboard and fapping.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The problem with all of it is that it's incredibly broad and people don't look at themselves without bias. They'll pick and choose things that they like about their personality and completely ignore other things.

I've always been fascinated by personality type classifications, even if I don't necessarily believe in it. Every Zodiac sign has three subsets, all of which share similarities but can remarkable differences. So, really, anybody can honestly fit into any sign if you research deep enough into it.

More fascinating to me is Jung's personality type classification. It's far, far more accurate, and it's rooted more in real, scientific observational study and honest examination of oneself. Even that one, though, is really, really hard to figure out. You have to take the personality test multiple times because how you might feel on a particular day can completely change the outcome of your result. You also have people not answering honestly. For example, it seems like every loner person on the internet classifies themself as an INTP, despite only 1% of the population actually falling under this classification (it's the really socially awkward geniuses who are lost in their own thoughts at all times, like Einstein, Newton, etc). But every person on the internet sees themselves as INTPs, because they have a very high opinion of their own intelligence, have little "real world/common" sense, and have zero social skills other than pecking at a keyboard and fapping.
I'm sure we've all run across plenty of those douches on our internet escapades. Agree about it being absolutely fascinating too.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Haha, yeah, I for sure thought I was an INTP, but I've come up as an INTJ mostly. Which is pretty damn close (I wanna say I took the test/another test and got INTP instead, but the recent ones I've done are INTJ).

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Haha, yeah, I for sure thought I was an INTP, but I've come up as an INTJ mostly. Which is pretty damn close (I wanna say I took the test/another test and got INTP instead, but the recent ones I've done are INTJ).
I've gotten both of those, too. But my splits on everything were almost 50/50 on everything (I think my largest split was 60/40 in introvert/extrovert). So it really, really depends on what type of mood I'm in at the time, the validity of the test, and what phase of life I'm in (party boy phase, work phase, relationship phase).

So I just like to think of myself as either an extremely balanced individual, or a walking contradiction.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 01-14-2011 at 12:30 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haha, nice. 4400 ftw.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
still a taurus, mostly because of my bull-sized ****.

consequently, I cannot walk properly.
Still a Taurus too *************. Don't mess with the ******* bulls.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 11:43 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I refuse to change. I will remain an Aquarius despite what some jack-ass "scientist" says. **** "science".
Fixed for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mine didn't change, does that mean I win?

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 12:34 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ISTJ, Guardian Inspector.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:01 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've gotten both of those, too. But my splits on everything were almost 50/50 on everything (I think my largest split was 60/40 in introvert/extrovert). So it really, really depends on what type of mood I'm in at the time, the validity of the test, and what phase of life I'm in (party boy phase, work phase, relationship phase).

So I just like to think of myself as either an extremely balanced individual, or a walking contradiction.
The deal is, looking at the explanations, especially this one (http://typelogic.com/intp.html), I fit INTP to a tee, but INTJ only describes me a little, and something things about it are just not true. Like you said, most people like to consider themselves INTP, but the main points of the article (absent-mindedness, love of languages and systems, constantly second-guessing myself) are all me.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It actually didn't change. That's for the Eastern part of the world, our version of it isn't based on the relativity of the stars and thusly can never change.

That's what I heard, anyway. It's all hocus pocus, regardless. There's been scientific studies that have proven personality traits are not related to date of birth.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
This new arrangement only applies to those born in 2009 and after. I'll make the assumption that none of us are affected. (effected?)
good, staying a Leo is much better than being Cancer. Science be praised.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel special now since Scorpio is only 7 total days

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay! I'm not a ******* Cancer anymore! Rejoice!
Old 01-15-2011, 07:04 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's a sun sign between friends?

Quote:
Now I'm a Taurus.
Me too, **** that.

No bull for this boy, Sacred Cows Make the Best Hamburgers (Abbie Hoffman, 1968)
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My life has been a lie. The person I'm supposed to be is not me.
Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I thought I would be INTJ when I took it and sure enough that's what I got.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went from Tuarus to Arias. DAMN! Seriously tho, I only cared cuz some1 special was complaining to me that she switched from Pisces to Aquarias. But its all good. Arias is cool with Aquarias. But seriously, I don't really care.

Last edited by yodabear : 01-20-2011 at 06:45 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody that's upset about these changes, just imagine how the poor Zodiac killer feels right now.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For what it's worth nobodies Zodiac changed at all, I don't know why I capitalized that actually seeing as how it's a complete crock.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13...iref=allsearch

The Jung personality types are pretty cool though, I get ENTP just about every time I take the test, with an occasional INTP slipping in there, but who knows, maybe I'm actually a genius.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote