Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-17-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't stand when people say things like that. The media has no control on the outcome of the game. The players might be aware of what they're saying, but it does not influence how they play. They aren't going to half ass it because Terry Bradshaw, Ron Jaworski, and Woody Paige think they are the favorites.
Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed. Hell, the media was all over them heading into the game vs ATL and look what happened

Watch some of the vids on the Packers website, the players are in the mindset that they are the underdogs throughout this entire playoffs(being the #6 seed) so the media hype means nothing to them. It's just fans who think much of it...

if the Packers lose, it wont' be because of all the media hype they are getting
Old 01-17-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
I hate playing the Bears. Wait let me rephrase that. I hate playing the Bears defense.
Yeah, Lovie's defense always plays Mac's offense tough.

Good news could be they have Cutler at QB.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Their biggest weapon in this game should be Olsen but don't be surprised if he ends up invisible. Why? The genius, Martz, is going to want him to sit there and block against our lethal pass rush. He doesn't like only having 5 blockers and he's going to believe his genius pass system will be able to torch our DBs.
Why do people think so little of Martz? The guy has one hell of a resume and took Cutler and made him, I'm quoting ESPN, "consistent". He actually got him to stop throwing picks and put together an offense with mostly garbage OL, a bunch of #3 quality receivers, and Forte is actually pretty good. The week 6 Seahawks game where he called I believe 46 passes and 15 runs was borderline ******** though. The Redskins game where Cutler threw 4 picks all to the same guy was ********...of Cutler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I can't stand when people say things like that. The media has no control on the outcome of the game. The players might be aware of what they're saying, but it does not influence how they play. They aren't going to half ass it because Terry Bradshaw, Ron Jaworski, and Woody Paige think they are the favorites.
I don't know what effects it has but it's greater than zero. 90% of the players probably ignore it. Historically there are plenty of cases where you can say it "probably" had an impact but it's not a measurable quantity, ever, in any way. I think what happens is the media jumps all over the Patriots and they get perceived as Goliaths, a lock, and in fans minds they feel like they can't lose. However, there is a hell of a lot of parity, especially in the playoffs where there isn't a single team playing a rookie just to break him in. Thus, when the Patriots lost, it got a ton of attention because in peoples minds it was a massive upset but in reality the teams were very close in talent.

My point is the talking heads will have very little if any effect on the outcome of the game, but it makes me nervous for probably an irrational reason.

And, final note, the talking heads are dumb. Dumb as rocks. Mostly old senile morons that skated through school because of football and then accumulated 12 concussions that never got diagnosed and abused a **** load of painkillers along the way.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=6031703

Brent picks the pack...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, here are my 5 keys to the game.

#1 Special Teams. This is how the Packers can lose the game. If the Bears average start is behind their 40 and they don't get a big return, the Packers will win. There's a very good chance this won't happen, however, which will make the game tough.

#2. Pressure. Whoever brings more pressure to the QB in this game is probably going home the winner. Cutler can have really awful games when he's getting knocked around and while Rodgers is probably better dealing with pressure, it will still make life difficult for him all night long. The Packers have the advantage on paper with a better overall pressure D (Raji, Matthews, Jenkins being the main 3 and I find that to be better, pass-blitz wise, then the Bears.)

#3 Turnovers. Both teams are very playmaking and will get takeaways. Rodgers is one of the safest QBs in the league with the ball, Cutler is one of the least, but we are prone to fumbles which the Bears specialize at creating. That said, the Packers have had tremendous success against Cutler.

#4 Ground game. Both teams are lackluster here but you could give the edge to either team depending on what you value more. If you look at the season of work, Forte and Taylor are superior. If you're looking more recently, Starks and Kuhn are. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if either team tries to establish the running game or go straight to their aerial attacks.

#5. Passing attack. The first thing to mention is that if Rodgers plays like he did last week, the Packers will win. Period. The Bears DBs are physical and they play soft but they can be terrorized on those 15-20 yard throws that Rodgers loves. Cutler is going to try to attack deep, probably against Shields, and get Olsen involved as TEs terrorize us.

BRING. IT. ON.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry Brent, the fans still don't forgive you nor are they buying what you're saying
Old 01-17-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny because just a couple weeks ago he said this.
Quote:
Peppers said Favre said, "Go beat the Packers in a couple of weeks.’”
**** off Brett.

EDIT: To clarify that was talking about the final regular season game.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

I was just looking for the quote, GB12. Dude isn't fooling anybody with this act
Old 01-17-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Okay, here are my 5 keys to the game.

#1 Special Teams. This is how the Packers can lose the game. If the Bears average start is behind their 40 and they don't get a big return, the Packers will win. There's a very good chance this won't happen, however, which will make the game tough.

#2. Pressure. Whoever brings more pressure to the QB in this game is probably going home the winner. Cutler can have really awful games when he's getting knocked around and while Rodgers is probably better dealing with pressure, it will still make life difficult for him all night long. The Packers have the advantage on paper with a better overall pressure D (Raji, Matthews, Jenkins being the main 3 and I find that to be better, pass-blitz wise, then the Bears.)

#3 Turnovers. Both teams are very playmaking and will get takeaways. Rodgers is one of the safest QBs in the league with the ball, Cutler is one of the least, but we are prone to fumbles which the Bears specialize at creating. That said, the Packers have had tremendous success against Cutler.

#4 Ground game. Both teams are lackluster here but you could give the edge to either team depending on what you value more. If you look at the season of work, Forte and Taylor are superior. If you're looking more recently, Starks and Kuhn are. Either way, it'll be interesting to see if either team tries to establish the running game or go straight to their aerial attacks.

#5. Passing attack. The first thing to mention is that if Rodgers plays like he did last week, the Packers will win. Period. The Bears DBs are physical and they play soft but they can be terrorized on those 15-20 yard throws that Rodgers loves. Cutler is going to try to attack deep, probably against Shields, and get Olsen involved as TEs terrorize us.

BRING. IT. ON.
Well written, but I have to say it's:
#1- Turnovers
#2- Referees "mood" (see week 3)
#3- Special teams Coverage Units
#4- Our OL performance
#5- Crosby if a clutch kick is needed to win it (who here could stand to bank on that? The thought of it even typing this gives me ****** butterflies)
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
#5- Crosby if a clutch kick is needed to win it (who here could stand to bank on that? The thought of it even typing this gives me ****** butterflies)
I'd rather go for it on 4th and 12 from their 25 with 20 seconds left then kick a field goal. Crosby WILL miss if it comes down to that.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:42 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd rather go for it on 4th and 12 from their 25 with 20 seconds left then kick a field goal. Crosby WILL miss if it comes down to that.
The thought if it scares me to death. I hate kickers.
Kickers turn guys like Jim Kelly into losers, and Tom Brady into Joe Montana in the eyes of many people.

The more I am seeing and hearing about Soldier Field, the more pissed I am getting. Their field is basically painted mud & sand. It's crap.

I think we're going to need a big day from the RBs Starks or Jackson or Nance. Plus their defense is good. We scored 45 in week 16 and were red hot, but then in week 17 they held us to 10. Just because we scored 48 on Atlanta this week doesn't mean they don't bog us down again a week later.
Old 01-18-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Their field is atrocious, has been for years. I'm not worrying about it though because both teams have to deal with it. Bears players have already been vocal about how crappy the surface is, and how it slows them down, to

Pack WR's just need to do a better job of holding onto the damn ball. Can't let the Bears get one of their patented strip fumbles. IF you sense a defender coming near you, put 2 hands on the ball, quit dancing around and just take what was given to you.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Jmohr107
Rookie

Jmohr107 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't think Earl Bennett played in the Week 17 game, and honestly that might have played a little bit of a role in the Bears' offensive struggles. Bennett is probably their best route runner and having him this week, especially on third down, will provide Cutler with a better option than trying force balls to Rashied Davis or Johnny Knox.

I think the defense will have their hands full with trying to account for Forte, Bennett, Olsen and the two speed guys.
Jmohr107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmohr107 View Post
I don't think Earl Bennett played in the Week 17 game, and honestly that might have played a little bit of a role in the Bears' offensive struggles. Bennett is probably their best route runner and having him this week, especially on third down, will provide Cutler with a better option than trying force balls to Rashied Davis or Johnny Knox.

I think the defense will have their hands full with trying to account for Forte, Bennett, Olsen and the two speed guys.
If the Bears want to win this game, they will have to run the ball. This defense is built to defend the pass; One of the best pass rush in the league along with one of the best secondaries in the league. Not a lot of teams can say that they have 3 pro bowl quality ballhawks (Collins, Tramon and Woodson) on their D and the nickel Shields can make plays also. If Green Bay gets an early lead, Martz will forget the running game pretty quick and make them one dimensional, which is exactly what the Packers want.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
If Green Bay gets an early lead, Martz will forget the running game pretty quick and make them one dimensional, which is exactly what the Packers want.
ESPECIALLY against Cutler, whom we have absolutely terrorized as a Bear. Cutler's passer rating in 4 games as a Bear against the Packers? 61 with 9 interceptions. His highest being in the low 80s. And that's not including a number of interceptions called back because of borderline, at best, penalties.

Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

This game is going to be another ugly, grind-it-out slugfest, like the game 3 weeks ago.

The weather, field, and crowd all favor Shicago more than the Packers.
In Atlanta, the weather (none) and field (fast) actually favored us, as Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post pointed out today.

Still, we win if we don't turn the ball over. However, when passes are tipped at the line of scrimmage against Shicago, they seem to magically magnetically find a Bear.

Just like James Jones fumble's along the sideline against Shicago always seem to stop bouncing to the sideline, and then get recovered by a Bear.

Again, the Packers will not blowout this Bears team, and I advise everyone to get their wager in now on Shicago +3.5. Bodog has the Packers favored by 3.5.

Take the 3.5, and hope Crosby kicks a game-winning FG on the final play to win 20-17! In overtime!

How would our pulses be if that all happened! I can't take it anymore!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Gameday temps are scheduled to be a high of 21 degrees, partly cloudy with a 10 percent chance of snow.
Remember, Shicago isn’t called the Windy City for nothing.

Rodgers 3 career games in Shicago :

2010 (September) – 316 yards, 75.6 completion percentage, 1 touchdown, 1 interception

2009 (December) – 180 yards, 66.7 completion percentage, 0 touchdowns, 0 interceptions

2008 (December) – 260 yards, 61.5 completion percentage, 2 touchdowns, 1 interception
Old 01-18-2011, 09:50 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The games going to be close they always are but are you kidding me. I dont care what the point spread is I just dont like the thought of betting against your team.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 07:53 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
The games going to be close they always are but are you kidding me. I dont care what the point spread is I just dont like the thought of betting against your team.
It's worked so far, 2-for-2 in the playoffs. And I didn't do it last year at AZ.
I feel like I'm taking one for the team.... sure, a little superstitious but I'll gladly do it 2 more times! It's not like I'm betting a grand or more though :O
Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you bet against Green Bay twice this postseason then you're 0 and 2. Personally, I bet on them both times and I'm thinking about laying my winnings on this game as well.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 11:10 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
That's too long.

Someone at work forwarded this to me & i thought that you guys would like it.

As a Vikings fan I have to say that I am really divided on this game. I want to root for the Pack because Rodgers & Mathews are two of my favorite players, but to be honest I want to root against the Packers because I don't want to hear all about it from the douche-bag Packer fans.

I am not calling every Packer fan a d-bag & I'm not trolling, I am just saying that your team has some of the worst fans to deal with out there... especially living on the MN/WI border! :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is? This was the clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field
Old 01-19-2011, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
As a Vikings fan I have to say that I am really divided on this game. I want to root for the Pack because Rodgers & Mathews are two of my favorite players, but to be honest I want to root against the Packers because I don't want to hear all about it from the douche-bag Packer fans.

I am not calling every Packer fan a d-bag & I'm not trolling, I am just saying that your team has some of the worst fans to deal with out there... especially living on the MN/WI border! :)
You offend one of us, you offend us all. I challenge you to a duel, sir!

Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The head ref for the Pack/Bears game on Sunday will be Terry McAulay. Don't know who he is? This was the clown who oversaw the historic flag fest the first time GB/CHI played at Soldier Field
This may be the worst news ever.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote