Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-06-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default UW Thread

made.stickied.allhailjakelocker.

who should be the Kick/Punt returners?

KR: Kevin Smith/Jesse Callier

PR: DA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 10:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Smith did well returning. and gotta love beating up on Syracuse for 3 quarters.

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 09-13-2010, 07:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was happy that everything looked much, much better this last week. Hopefully they keep getting better and knock off Nebraska this week.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

For them to beat Nebraska they need to have Fellner and Parker as their safeties. I know Parker is a true freshman, but he was an espnu 150 and consensus 4* with speed to burn and playmaking ability. Having JJ instead of Bruns would help, along with getting Callier and Smith some good touches in the offense. Maybe Johri out of the backfield too. And lots and lots of Jake Locker circa 2008 pre-injury, when he was the best passer/runner i've ever seen.

Quote:

Old 09-14-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well...I'm not quite sure what they need other than to play like they did against USC last year.

USC last year (early) > Nebraska now

USC early last year was a dominating team that had their motivation driven from them after they lost to UW.

I think we all agree that UW is better this year, and I think that we're going to give a really nasty shock to Nebraska. Course that could just be my homer-tinted glasses talking.

Although I did just hear on the radio that Bo Pelini doesn't think that crowd noise will be a factor when it comes to his freshman QB...sounds like a challenge to me but hey...

But yes, we need Locker to play like the Heisman candidate we all know he can be and not like a piece of crap if we want to win this game.

EDIT: I just remembered that Sark said we wouldn't lose at home this year. And I trust Sark! So we're gonna win the game! (bad logic at work :D)

Last edited by summond822 : 09-14-2010 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After that field goal all the frats went charging out into the street and started chanting. The parties are starting right now!!!!

Oh it feels so good to win that game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-02-2010, 11:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

oh man that was insane. Eric Folk for jesus.

Quote:

Old 10-11-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very depressing to see a lack of improvement from this team. Watching the game saturday i couldnt help think how much of a talent gap there was between both teams. To me if you take Mason Foster and Jake Locker off this team it is probably 115-120 as far as all D-1 schools is concerned.

Was interesting to see that Jake was tested for Mono last week. Kids at that age dont take as good a care of themselves as they should. Word i had was after the SC game he got back in to Seattle at 4 in the morning and was at a run for some cancer family at 0900 hrs. Great guy but he needs to get some rest.

Would also add that i think they need to change the pass to run ratio. They need to keep Locker upright, for the team and his future. Let's run Callier and Polk more and reverse the number of rushes and passes.

Looks like Eric Koehler is out for an extended period of time with Mono. His replacement at guard (Greg Christine?) is absolutely not a D-1 player. Koehler was arguably their best guy upfront and a future all-pac 10 OT.

The top receivers until Aguillar comes back look like Deandre Cooper and Jordan Polk, are you ####ing kidding me.

Last edited by Babylon : 10-11-2010 at 03:33 PM.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Yeah man, it is brutal to watch.

I thought they would be improved this year, but they just don't have the talent. I was telling my friends during the game that we might as well put in the freshmen. At least see what they got.

Because the juniors and seniors on this team with the exception of Locker, Foster, and Folk are not even close to being a top of the Pac 10 team.

And don't even get me started on that piece of **** Kearse...

Old 10-12-2010, 12:50 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Deandre Cooper? If you mean Deontae Cooper then he's been medical redshirted. Maybe you mean Cody Bruns? Maybe I missed something, but we only are short DA and Kevin Smith. A WR Corp of JJ3, Kearse, Bruns, and J. Polk is good enough to compete, especially with Johri Forgerson (one of the more versatile players on our team) on the mend.

the worst player on the team is Nate Williams. hands down, he should not be starting. Start Sean Parker (Love he is getting nickel time) and put Taz back there instead of Fellner. Too bad Mason and Jake are part of this team, as they don't deserve anything this bad.

Positions that are going to suck next year:
Interior O-Line
QB
TE
DT
DE
OLB

to be honest that's it. Those are the biggest flaws of Ty's recruiting and one of the things Sark is up against. He's brought in some great DB's already (Dez, Parker, Taz) along with some solid MLB depth (Gilliand. Burnett), but he hasn't had enough time to get solid big D-lineman. hence the non-existent pass rush and first level run defense.

Quote:

Old 10-12-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

It's going to be interesting seeing how Austin Sefarian-Jenkins turns out. Big 6'7" TE who may be a LT prospect. At either position he is a huge boost to the talent.

But looking at the recruits that Sark has lined up right now...not really seeing the impact player at any of those positions.

Does Montana step up and thrive with a talented receving core augmented by Kasen Williams?

Do the defensive recruits we've brought in step up and make a big impact? I mean we got a couple of 3-4 stars this last year. Why aren't they playing them more? Even if they make mistakes, at least they have the talent to compete at this level. Unlike some of the current starters.

The best way to get more talent is to win. I just have a hard time seeing the Huskies winning a lot of games to make it to a bowl this year (brutal stretch coming up...). And we all know that bowls are a great way to gain exposure.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
It's going to be interesting seeing how Austin Sefarian-Jenkins turns out. Big 6'7" TE who may be a LT prospect. At either position he is a huge boost to the talent.

But looking at the recruits that Sark has lined up right now...not really seeing the impact player at any of those positions.

Does Montana step up and thrive with a talented receving core augmented by Kasen Williams?

Do the defensive recruits we've brought in step up and make a big impact? I mean we got a couple of 3-4 stars this last year. Why aren't they playing them more? Even if they make mistakes, at least they have the talent to compete at this level. Unlike some of the current starters.

The best way to get more talent is to win. I just have a hard time seeing the Huskies winning a lot of games to make it to a bowl this year (brutal stretch coming up...). And we all know that bowls are a great way to gain exposure.
First off for Jballa i meant d'andre Goodwin, my bad.

There looks like some hope for the offense going forward, Callier is just a freshman and in Sefarian-Jenkins at TE and Williams at WR you have two bigtime recruits. Add to that Koehler, Schaeffer and Porter upfront and it looks pretty nice, not sure what Montana will turn out to be.

On the defensive side i still dont see anything in the pipeline that even remotely looks like a pass rush or a decent secondary.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm gonna disagree with the decent secondary comment. We have an elite talent at safety and an elite talent at corner on the roster already. D-Line tho we need Potao'e to become a real good DT, while Josh Shirley was a bluechipper coming out, and he only redshirted because he got in so late. getting a bluechipper at DE would be awesome, but if he have a formidable solution to get 2 sacks a game i'll be happy.

summond i am pumped to see ASJ and Kasen along with the talent we have. Too bad Keanon Lowe went to Oregon, he'd of been perfect in the slot with Kasen and Kevin Smith on the outside, with ASJ in the middle. I'm telling you guys tho, we're going to have a really crowded backfield with Bigelow and Cooper coming/getting healthy in this year. Throw in Bronson and both Fogersons and we are starting to get what Sark had at USC. Ivan is going to turn our young OL into freaks and we'll be a good running team which will help our new QB, whoever it is.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

At last Kearse got over his case of the dropsies and came up big!!!

Well played by OSU, but damn it feels good to win that game. Especially in such an epic manner :D

Old 10-17-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

oh man i agree.
but i have a few gripes.

why'd we move away from the fly sweep motion?
why was Bruns punt returning? was he really our best option?
Greg Christine sucks.
Jamora is the only pass rusher UW has sadly.

other than that I'm solid with the game.
oh and Parker over Nate Williams sooner rather than later please.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
oh man i agree.
but i have a few gripes.

why'd we move away from the fly sweep motion?
why was Bruns punt returning? was he really our best option?
Greg Christine sucks.
Jamora is the only pass rusher UW has sadly.

other than that I'm solid with the game.
oh and Parker over Nate Williams sooner rather than later please.
It's hard to believe they actually play the guy, he's brutal.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Yeah, I can't wait for Kohler (didn't see him this week) to come back so that Christine never plays another down...

But I think my biggest gripe with the game now that I've calmed down from the excitement, is the fact that we didn't capitalize on any of the turnovers we created.

0 points off 3 turnovers is unacceptable.

Also, what is wrong with Eric Folk? He has been lights out kicking this year until last week. He kicked that dud in the rain against ASU, which is kind of understandable, and then he missed that field goal this week.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by how good he was earlier this year, but I expect him to hit any field goal within 50 yards...

Oh, and Nate Williams sucks.

Old 10-19-2010, 12:08 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Kohler was at practice today, and he should be back in the lineup. The points off turnovers was understandable when you look at where they were forced. Parker's INT was in the endzone and fellners was at like the 10 going in for OSU. Long fields, but those took points off the board for OSU. The Trufant pick would have been an easy 3, but locker fumbled in the redzone.

Nate Williams should be playing linebacker. he'd be a great outside linebacker (better than Ayiewa) if he was 10 pounds bigger.

Quote:

Old 10-24-2010, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Tired of the rollercoaster ride this team is on. All we hear is we played x amount of freshmen or y amount of freshmen. What i want to know is are they not getting it done because they are young or young and lousy.

The defense was absolutely atrocius tonight. I dont think i've seen a secondary play so terrible. A week or two ago someone in the media said something about Trufant going pro after next year, are you ####ing kidding me, the guy is a joke.
Old 10-24-2010, 12:08 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Ditto...I just want to know why the hell they can't get any consistency out of this team...

No pass rush, poor tackling, and the offense just not able to get anything going left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I quit watching at halftime.

As for guys going pro...I have no idea. Locker and Foster are going pro. They are the only guaranteed ones. Everyone else...just needs to get better.

Old 10-24-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
Ditto...I just want to know why the hell they can't get any consistency out of this team...

No pass rush, poor tackling, and the offense just not able to get anything going left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I quit watching at halftime.

As for guys going pro...I have no idea. Locker and Foster are going pro. They are the only guaranteed ones. Everyone else...just needs to get better.
Outside of Mason the defense stinks, you can have Buddy Ryan running the defense and it isnt going to make any differance. I can just hear opposing QBs in their huddle, "just run down the sideline to where that cheerleader is standing and i'll throw the ball up for grabs, they cant cover anyone".
Old 10-28-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Will get to see Stanford's David DeCastro for the 1st (and probably last) time this saturday. Potential AA guard and he grew up a whole 5 miles from Husky stadium, swell.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our secondary is ******* Swiss cheese.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate Quinton Richardson so much.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Can ASJ and Kasen come soon enough? Maybe then we will get over 100 total yards. longer post will come later when i can think rationally. I agree with sark tho: "[The first half] was the worst half off offense I've ever been associated with"

Quote: